2014 Membership tally, here we go again (67,534 12 June 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure Gold Hawk now has his six pack in the bag :)

Hawthorn has more members than Richmond for the 19th year over the last 22 years

Big Four :drunk:
Looks like that I will win the bet with two posters over at the Richmond board, the bet was with Watige and TJTIGER that Richmond would not get to 70K for a slab of beer from each, so two slabs coming my way :)
At he moment they are on 65,885 :D

UNder 1500. I signed up my whole family on individual memberships a couple of months ago so I am out of options. More SA supporters should get on board, even though you can't get access to the games anymore it is pretty cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how the afl swans grew by barely 3700 members despite all those dollars spent supposedly promoting the game in a growth market. Buddy factor joke. Eleventh best team by growth...

And the cardboard expansions couldn't even either muster a measly mere thousand fans growth ...

Victorian teams' fans grew by more than all the other states combined, even given the new stadium surge in Adelaide.

Good job Tiges, Pies, Hawks et Al. We're the really ambassadors for the game, and we don't get paid, we subsidise these other expansion flogs.

Last edited:
Just looked at the cost of an Syds membership and realised that the AFL could have paid the full price membership for every new member for the year for five thousand members for the cost of the AFL Ambassador payment to Goodes and Buddy alone...

Instead they have total 3,700 new members, not all full cost.

Audit this rort.

According to the AFL article we had one of the highest growth in membership numbers across the league (in terms of numbers, much more than the Syds) yet no mention in the press release

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-02/members-grow-as-crowds-fall

WTF is that :confused:

68628 members and 5000 more members than in 2013. The Syds by contrast had 40123 which was 3800 more than in 2013

Im not sure if that says more about the relative strength of the Hawthorn or Sydney 'brands' or that the Buddy bounce is massively overrated...probably a bit from column A and a bit from column B.

On a side note, Gold Hawk should now call in his case from the deluded Tiger flogs...

Last edited:
According to the AFL article we had one of the highest growth in membership numbers across the league (in terms of numbers, much more than the Syds) yet no mention in the press release

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-02/members-grow-as-crowds-fall

WTF is that :confused:

68628 members and 5000 more members than in 2013. The Syds by contrast had 40123 which was 3800 more than in 2013

Im not sure if that says more about the relative strength of the Hawthorn or Sydney 'brands' or that the Buddy bounce is massively overrated...probably a bit from column A and a bit from column B.

On a side note, Gold Hawk should now call in his case from the deluded Tiger flogs...
Ah, but you see... this where they can quote figures to make it more impressive. $wan$ improved by about 10.4% whereas we only managed a pathetic 7.8%. Something about lies, damned lies and statistics? o_O

Ah, but you see... this where they can quote figures to make it more impressive. $wan$ improved by about 10.4% whereas we only managed a pathetic 7.8%. Something about lies, damned lies and statistics? o_O
Surprised the Swans didn't improve by 9.8%...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back