2014 membership- Target 40,000

Remove this Banner Ad

That's interesting staphy . Are you sure about that?

The reason I ask is the spin from the club in 2010 was that there was a great natural surge in membership (about 6000) due to the club's good form, Barry Hall, etc and this has been most people's understanding ever since then. Such growth also seems quite plausible. Debates on BF about membership have never (to my knowledge) referred to a change in the way numbers are tallied and published.

I'm not saying you're wrong but - pardon my natural scepticism - where did you hear/read it?
I am 100% sure, because i remember we were the last club to keep the numbers separate, all other clubs had moved to total numbers 1 to 2 years prior. Once the AFL agreed to count 3 game memberships and anything other than full memberships, clubs started combining both.

Found this old thread, have a read through it talks about Full memberships and other and how we used to separate them. I remember in 2008 we had 28k game day members and around 34k total memebers.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-membership-debate.459028/
It makes sense as the diversity of membership types made it harder to compare one club with another (assuming that comparisons are even necessary: "mine's bigger than yours":rolleyes:). So counting ALL match day memberships (11-game, 3-game, long distance, etc) provided a crude measuring stick to compare clubs.

However it means that in 2010 we didn't actually grow membership at all as we still only had 34k. That seems counter-intuitive since it was the last of our PF years and the year we recruited Bazza. Something doesn't quite add up here ...

bulldog car.jpg

I have started my own membership campaign on my car getting the brand out there haha

Hopefully it creates a bit of interest while I'm driving around the beautiful Yarra Valley area :)

Picture doesn't do the sticker justice as it looks sensational.

when one compares the membership numbers over the last 7 years and then factors in the quality of the spectale Bmac has produced you could possibly argue that the rank and file bulldogs supporters are "on Board" and looking longterm.
29.2k at this stage is encouraging as it provides a solid springboard when and if under this coach the results come.
Simply put if u can sell 30k memberships by serving shiet - imagine how many the club will sell when competitive and full of realistic "results based" expectation.
I'm extremely confident PGordon will be the first president to precide over a WB club with 40k members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 57556

I have started my own membership campaign on my car getting the brand out there haha

Hopefully it creates a bit of interest while I'm driving around the beautiful Yarra Valley area :)

Picture doesn't do the sticker justice as it looks sensational.

That's cool bulldogrob love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back