2014 membership- Target 40,000

Remove this Banner Ad

I always see the odd few out east. Recently when If Ive been out and about I've been wearing my Doggies jacket proudly. I did a few weeks back see a Dogs fan on the Box Hill tram holding a Dogs jacket and while I had a driving lesson saw someone in Surrey Hills wearing a Bulldogs cap which was great to see.

On my way home from Knox City yesterday when I got to Box Hill to get the tram home I reckon I spotted the same bloke this time wearing the Bulldog jacket on the tram. I was wearing my Doggies jacket as well. Great to see another passionate Doggie out my way.
smile.png

Can we make 31k???

Edit

2014members01072014.png

thanks to Wookie for the above table.

So how do people think we've gone this year regarding members??

Last edited:
But apparently the facts are members are dropping off like flies, and we will be down by another 20% next year. Thats right, a good 6000 members will drop off next year, but don't complain to me, thems the facts!

Could be worse. But I fear for next year if we don't finish with a bang like we did last year.

North Melbourne at 38,000 is impressive and makes me feel worse about our figures. But, they're finals contenders so you'd expect it.

But apparently the facts are members are dropping off like flies, and we will be down by another 20% next year. Thats right, a good 6000 members will drop off next year, but don't complain to me, thems the facts!
<iframe width="560" height="315"src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yqyixwqiCag"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Could be worse. But I fear for next year if we don't finish with a bang like we did last year.

North Melbourne at 38,000 is impressive and makes me feel worse about our figures. But, they're finals contenders so you'd expect it.
How many members does Tasmania contribute to North's total?

Seems a bit disingenuous to play games in another market that is already established Aussie Rules territory and then claim some big turnaround in the club's fortunes when they have people down there sign on as 2 game members - if that is indeed the case. If not, good luck to them.

They certainly are getting a little big for their boots, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think considering where we are with regard to rebuilding 30 1/2 k is very commendable, we are not going backwards which is important. St. Kilda on the other hand.......

How many members does Tasmania contribute to North's total?

Seems a bit disingenuous to play games in another market that is already established Aussie Rules territory and then claim some big turnaround in the club's fortunes when they have people down there sign on as 2 game members - if that is indeed the case. If not, good luck to them.

They certainly are getting a little big for their boots, though.
Yeah well I wish we were in Tassie and not playing home games against Gold Coast in Cairns. North are probably smarter than us and probably always have been (night footy pioneers, Canberra pioneers etc).

Yeah well I wish we were in Tassie and not playing home games against Gold Coast in Cairns. North are probably smarter than us and probably always have been (night footy pioneers, Canberra pioneers etc).
Fair call. They've certainly made some gutsy decisions.

I wouldn't like the idea of establishing too strong a base in Tassie as a struggling Melbourne club, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back