2014 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

This is further ahead than same time last year, right? An upset win against the Hawks would be wondrous for our membership numbers too. And with the split round our win would well and truly be the AFL talking point come Monday. Come on Lions!
Even a hard fought loss without embarrassment could be marketed correctly for a membership push.

I think as far as membership momentum goes, we just cant afford to be embarrassed. No problem with going down to the premiers, but we cant look pathetic doing it. Hard fought loss wont stop us too much.

I never left, but my membership pack still hasn't arrived... It better be here in time for Round 2!

Have they activated your membership yet on your mylions account? If so, you will at least be able to print your tickets.

Efforts to improve member retention seem to have been ramped up. Nice work, membership department.

Brilliant work on that by the membership department, the headline on it though made me think of this...

Ok so compared to 2012 (5/4/12 - one week later due to the season starting earlier this year) we are 16% up and tracking towards 24k. Compared to the more dubious 2013 figures we are 11.7% up and heading towards 27k.

I think we need good performances in this week and next week to help boost our membership numbers.

Ok so compared to 2012 (5/4/12 - one week later due to the season starting earlier this year) we are 16% up and tracking towards 24k. Compared to the more dubious 2013 figures we are 11.7% up and heading towards 27k.

I think we need good performances in this week and next week to help boost our membership numbers.
One of your earlier predictions had us matching or just passing last year (24,155). Reckon that's still the most likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point TBD, means more people counted, earlier in the count. I've been very surprised in the past in the upswing we get early in the season. I couldn't imagine join 1 or 2 games into the season.

I think another solid hitout this week, even if we don't win, as long as we put up a good fight and match it with them will keep us building steadily. Suns and Port are both beatable and we very well could be 2-2 and looking a million bucks.

With the advent of 3 game memberships and the like, we should get 26-27000 members at the very least this season

Over 21k before our first game and over 22k before our first home game is promising though.

You would think that most people who buy memberships after the start of the season are probably 3 game members. Thats why a good start to a season is always a plus, people see us doing well, go hey lets go to a few games and buy a 3 game membership. After that you're a chance to convert them next season to a full membership.

With the advent of 3 game memberships and the like, we should get 26-27000 members at the very least this season

Over 21k before our first game and over 22k before our first home game is promising though.
Hope we can get 30,000 to the Gabba sometime this year

Add Erin to the list of incredibly helpful Lions staff. We have some good eggs working for the club. :thumbsu:
This is my first year as a September member (which entitles two free guest tickets), she helped me out with the guest ticketing process :thumbsu:

The IT staff are good as well (I sell them IT goods from time to time). I didn't know that they also need to help on game day (he has been known to drive the golf cart thingy for the serious injuries). Everyone needs to chip in no matter what position is held (his words)

The IT staff are good as well (I sell them IT goods from time to time). I didn't know that they also need to help on game day (he has been known to drive the golf cart thingy for the serious injuries). Everyone needs to chip in no matter what position is held (his words)

something... something... cucumber?

Fun fact: Board member Leigh Matthews will be inside the Bernie Gabba Vegas costume throughout 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back