2014 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I told you all before, front row, hanging over the fence in GA is where it's at.
Down side is getting there half an hour before the gates open (about 2hrs before the game) to make sure we secure our preferred seat, but if you're happy to get different seats or not hang over the fence, it's very 'footbally' in GA.
I like front row so no-one in front of me other than the boundary umpire (who I often tell to get out of the way).

My wife rang me at work the other day because we got an email from the club saying the first 50 callers could upgrade to reserved seating for the next game for free. "Why would you want to do that?" I asked her. Up in the nose bleed seats where the players look like ants is not for me.

Just thought I'd post this here. BLK having big sales on their website off Lions stuff. My brother unfortunately bought the hoodie 2 weeks ago for $100 :( !!!

http://www.blksport.com/sale.htm

hopefully they are clearing everything out to make way for our new/old lion logo coming back :)

Just thought I'd post this here. BLK having big sales on their website off Lions stuff. My brother unfortunately bought the hoodie 2 weeks ago for $100 :( !!!

hopefully they are clearing everything out to make way for our new/old lion logo coming back :)
It appears that way, I got a Lions Vic jumper for $69 at the marquee at our last Vic match!

CTD, I've been a member since about 1996 and I just renew each year without really keeping track of the prices, but I think it's probably a great deal if (as I suspect you would) you like going to the cricket as well as attending Lions games. That is, if you are able to attend a lot of events across the year you'll certainly get your money's worth, and the seating in the upper deck is great for both footy and cricket.

The admin seem to be working hard at improving the facilities and options for Gabba members, in an effort to arrest falling numbers, so I think it's probably a good option for you to look at. And then there are those burgers.....:)
Sorry it took so long to thank you for your advice Judge .. so Thanks!

One last question, reciprocal rights?? Is there any, I couldn't find anything on the website.

Saw the jumper on sale for $60 at the Lions shop on Saturday.

While the jumper is too ugly to buy, considering we're getting our proper Lion back next year I'm tempted to break my paddlepop boycott and get that hoodie (would've been great to wear when I was in Wellington) and gym shorts (which I think look great).

The paddle pop on things like the shorts does not bother me at all as a separate logo.

Just hate it on the front of our guernsey.

The paddle pop on things like the shorts does not bother me at all as a separate logo.

Just hate it on the front of our guernsey.
Actually know a fair few with a similar opinion to you (some will happily buy merch with the paddlepop but will not buy the jumper). I obviously hate the paddlepop too, but the size of the Lion and not having the proper yoke bothers me more personally. Thought our ANZAC jumper looked okay-ish enough compared to our regular home, away and clash jumpers.

I'd like to see fans allowed to submit designs for our logo for 2015 and beyond, have the designs shortlisted for a vote and have our current logo added as one of the options.

Have a preferential voting system and whichever one wins is our logo (if fans choose to stick with the status quo regarding the logo I could live with that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the tip - we promised my son a new jersey after the one my sister bought for him turned out to be too small (we gave that one to his sister). I can live with the Paddlepop for him - he is of the paddlepop generation afterall, but to celebrate next year I may even splurge and but a roomy jersey for my portly frame AND new Lions PJs for the kids.

The membership total, which hadn't changed since the 23rd of April, has now been updated to 23,822 (up from 23,349).

I think gaining almost 500 members in the past 6 weeks - given our onfield results - is about as good as we could have hoped for (no doubt a lot were Vic supporters who signed up before the first Vic game in round 9).

Anyway, surely that is just about it for the year - it looks like we will end up just down on last year's final total of 24,155 (at this stage we are down 1.4% on last year's final tally).

Next year will be the real concern though. It is really important that the team offers Lions supporters hope that things will improve next year - the win against Carlton was a good start, but we need 3-4 more of those this season (as well as minimising the number of blow-out losses).

I think next year will be alright.....I suspect a lot of people hung back after the drama with Vossy, I know I did. Possibly now things have settled down with Leppa, they could be slowly coming around again.

Membership always trails results. Softer draw and not getting body slammed by the injury gods would make a huge difference, and we could be very competitive next year. Most wont realise that, and wont jump on til 2016 at best. I dont expect much change next year, hopefully our new marketing board member can help here.

I would've thought the return of the traditional jumper would likely see a few jump back on. I have three friends who cancelled their memberships until it was back, and I think there'll probably be others in the same boat.

Anyone got any details on the gold members function on Saturday.

I remember RSVPing a while back, and I got an email this week saying that they are looking forward to seeing us, but I can't find the original email...

CTD, I've been a member since about 1996 and I just renew each year without really keeping track of the prices, but I think it's probably a great deal if (as I suspect you would) you like going to the cricket as well as attending Lions games. That is, if you are able to attend a lot of events across the year you'll certainly get your money's worth, and the seating in the upper deck is great for both footy and cricket.

The admin seem to be working hard at improving the facilities and options for Gabba members, in an effort to arrest falling numbers, so I think it's probably a good option for you to look at. And then there are those burgers.....:)

I bought my own burger last night Judge

And all the free tomato sauce portions that you can ever want.

Why did I wait so long?

I noticed our membership total has gone up to 23,873 - an increase of 51 in the last month. As expected we will finish just down on last year's total (if it remains basically unchanged from here we will finish 1.2% or just under 300 behind).