2014 Moto GP

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys like Biaggi, Capirossi, Cadalora, etc must be sitting waiting by their phone for confirmation of their induction...

I dont like it. I get that people who go before their time have almost a mythical like aura about them but sometimes it goes too far. Name an award or rising star trophy after him instead.

Renaming the Misano circuit after him is probably more than enough I'd have thought. If he were ever to be inducted, it should be 10 years down the track when all emotion has dissipated. I think Stoner's elevation happened way too soon as well even though I rate him as a definite legend.

Marc Marquez has busted his leg in training (riding flat track) and will miss the next test giving his rivals a slight hope that maybe he won't make them all look silly this year, at least in the early rounds!

Yeah, only four weeks out from the first round, it's not ideal preparation but it probably won't hamper him too much.
Also, Brazil has been dropped from the calendar reducing the championship to 18 rounds.

So, as you might've noticed, I went to the motogp testing today. Moto2, in Mika Kallio and Jordi Torres were there, was there as well. They did a tonne of laps. Kallio was often on his own for log runs. Torres had a problem which stopped the bike at MG. I don't think he fell, but it stopped the session for a while. Pedrosa and Rossi did a fair bit, but not as much as the other two. Lorenzo did less frequent short spurts. It took a looong time to get a decent photo of him. It was getting a little worried.

It was good to be there, even though you couldn't get into the track. There may've been 20-40 others there, at any one time.

Good effort Dodgy. It's a Bridgestone test where they are just doing runs on tires without the usual bike setup purely to gain data to avoid another farce like last years race...
Lorenzo was quickest, I think about 1.2 seconds behind his quickest time there last year and Dovizioso managed to pull 343k/hr down the straight! :eek:
Tito Rabat was fastest of the Moto2 guys, running under the circuit record.

Rossi was second at Qatar last year so possibly a chance, albeit he was six seconds behind Lorenzo. Otherwise there needs to be a freak accident that knocks Marquez, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Aleix Espargaro off for anyone else to be a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So with practice for Qatar starting in 24 hours, would anyone predict any RACE where a non-Spaniard might win (in any of the classes)?
For me the Non Spanish winners in Moto3 could be Miller (Cmon jack!) Kent, Fenati, Antonelli etc and i can see Tom Luthi troubling Tito Rabat in Moto2 as for MotoGP I can't see a non Spaniard winning! Can Hardly wait now!

For me the Non Spanish winners in Moto3 could be Miller (Cmon jack!) Kent, Fenati, Antonelli etc and i can see Tom Luthi troubling Tito Rabat in Moto2 as for MotoGP I can't see a non Spaniard winning! Can Hardly wait now!

Spot on. Especially with Rins and Marquez on the slower Hondas. Nakagami and Kallio are a strong showing too in Moto2 and keep an eye out for Jonas Folger, I have a sneaky feeling he will do well.

3 Great races and so pumped for Jack! Possibly the best celebration lap aswell! Nakagami was disqualified from 2nd place for apparently using an illegal air filter so it moves Kallio to 2nd and Luthi to 3rd. MotoGP was a crash fest but what a wicked battle between Marquez and Rossi! Awesome!

You called it Klyntonius

Doesn't count if you don't put money on it though! :D

Didn't get to see any of the racing unfortunately but was pleased with the Moto2 and Moto3 results and sounds like the racing in all classes was exciting so hopefully it's a good omen to a close season.

Not so positive is the news that Moto2 and Moto3 will have no free to air coverage in Australia with Ten/One selling the rights to Speed TV on Fox and only showing the MotoGP class. The timing is "perfect" with the emergence of Miller as a title contender and even Ant West who is a good chance of regular top 10 finishes this year.

Also, just to add to the Dorna's anti-reputation of professionalism, they've come up with a last minute new class in the MotoGP category called Factory Option on the back of Ducati's sensational move to abandon their classification as a factory team to fall under the open rules. Essentially it's mixing the Open class rules with the Factory rules whereby poor performing and new factories are given more leeway to develop and catch up to the top teams and get penalised the closer they get. It actually makes sense but shouldn't have been implemented within a couple of weeks of a new season starting. And as of 2016, there will be a spec ECU for all - they are calling Hondas bluff and will be interesting to see if Honda follow through on their threat of leaving over spec ECUs.