MRP / Trib. 2014 MRP/ Tribunal News & Reports (aka Chook lotto)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would dispute that it was negligent. Robbo put a lot of thought in to it.

neg·li·gent (ngl-jnt)
adj.
1. Characterized by or inclined to neglect, especially habitually.
2. Characterized by careless ease or informality; casual.
3. Law Guilty of negligence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which he has but I feel he needs to continue to improve to be a very good contributor in our best team going forward.

Getting rubbed out 3 or 4 times a season is not going to help with his continuity which will impact on his chances of continued improvement.
Robinson won't be pushed out of our best 22. Club would need to get a golden ticket like Sydney, GWS and GC with their concessions. Even if Mitch doesn't improve, he'll still be in our bottom six. Ahead of Graham who is talked up like he's the next Sam Mitchell or Luke Parker.

Robinson won't be pushed out of our best 22. Club would need to get a golden ticket like Sydney, GWS and GC with their concessions. Even if Mitch doesn't improve, he'll still be in our bottom six. Ahead of Graham who is talked up like he's the next Sam Mitchell or Luke Parker.
Not wrong about Graham...:thumbsu:

Hope he makes it but some talk him up like he is bred in the purple and breaking track records at the trials.

The MRP yet another thing that needs to be given the arse in the AFL. Absolute joke of a system. So you can't even bump anymore they are taking that away and you might as well not tackle as you never get rewarded. Footy really is not what it used to be, fair enough if he hit him high but he shouldn't have even been penalized for the free was a great bump.

hqdefault.jpg

Well Robinson does have 100 games under his belt, Graham doesn't.
Why do you feel the need to pot another player to try and make your point stronger?

Graham was terrific on Friday night, all he needs is more time to develop and we'll all see what he's capable of.
He's far too good for VFL level.

Why do you feel the need to pot another player to try and make your point stronger?

Graham was terrific on Friday night, all he needs is more time to develop and we'll all see what he's capable of.

But have you seen this video in which Robinson does something good and Graham doesn't?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not potting anyone. Just making a point that the club is consistently belted by armchair critics for not playing Graham and giving him a full game. Yet a Carlton player stated that the club wants Graham to improve his defensive side and kick goals. Robinson was a regular player because he applies pressure like his life depends on it. Graham shouldn't play until he's done what the club has asked of him. We can't hand out games.

Graham doesn't mind being the substitute.

I'm not potting anyone. Just making a point that the club is consistently belted by armchair critics for not playing Graham and giving him a full game. Yet a Carlton player stated that the club wants Graham to improve his defensive side and kick goals. Robinson was a regular player because he applies pressure like his life depends on it. Graham shouldn't play until he's done what the club has asked of him. We can't hand out games.

Surely you're taking the piss? Did Robbo kick a goal on the weekend? :rolleyes:

Graham is a young kid and is streets ahead of where Robbo was at the same stage of his career. Graham is coming along very well and deserves to be in the 22.

Surely you're taking the piss? Did Robbo kick a goal on the weekend? :rolleyes:

Graham is a young kid and is streets ahead of where Robbo was at the same stage of his career. Graham is coming along very well and deserves to be in the 22.
Sorry Jatz you are downright wrong about the bolded. Robbo was better then and is better now. Not going to buy in to the hysteria on this board about Graham's right to be in the best 22 because its too touchy. Almost as dangerous as criticising Bell or Levi.

But I will make this observation: bet your arse that if Brock ends up back in the VFL for an extended period he will star, but will the same people demanding Graham get played on the basis of good form be howling for Brock's elevation? Don't reckon.

Figuresinspace+copy+2.jpg

Dear AFL/Tribunal/Umpires

Could you please circle on this diagram where the head is?!

I seriously believe that they would struggle! Since when did Robinson's bump involve high contact (not around but above the shoulders)? I'm sick of seeing frees and people suspended for contact around/near the shoulders, this isn't the rule!

Robinson only took one step, wasn't a big lining up bump, where he was on the charge, the momentum was all Adams'.

The only thing that hit Adams' head was the ground after being put on his arse.

Adams played out the game and wasn't injured by this.

1402297701885.jpg-300x0.jpg
1405845963247.jpg-300x0.jpg

How is Robinson's bump high and worth two weeks and this bump by Franklin cleared? If anything it aught to be the other way around.

By the way, from the previous uproar, I thought Adam's was still recovering from Judd's chicken wing tackle which I though nearly killed him (from people's reaction)...

Garbage work from the AFL tribunal again. I don't mind Gill Mclachlan but how about less talk and more action. Here we have a tribunal system that is clearly all over the place. It's inconsistent, players don't know what they can and can't do. No one knows the definition of high any more because it's certainly not correlating to what is in the rules book. Tribunal panels who are more interested in finding certain players guilty and certain players innocent rather than taking a fare and concise view of the evidence and judging them fairly and consistently by what us clearly presented as evidence. We have a panel who comes to a verdict by guessing, they are guessing Adams was hit high when the video image, which isn't perfect, suggests other wise.

Different verdicts for same actions and different players needs to end. Guessing needs to end. The view that players are innocent until proven guilty needs to be taken into account so the stars of our game aren't being ousted for petty things or incorrectly being judged guilty. Tribunals and Umpires need have the definition of high confirmed to them, throwing the head back doesn't mean high contact has been made and contact around the shoulders is legal! The system of points and records and all this pointless garbage has to go, there's no sense in it what so ever.

This is what the rules for bumping should be, for all players.
Bump, no head contact, ball within 5 meters - no free, no report.
Accidental low impact high contact - no suspension, free kick.
Deliberate hip and shoulder (side on) bump low impact, flush on (main impact area is above shoulders) high contact - 1 week.
Hard hip and shoulder bump with head contact - 2 weeks.
Hip and shoulder bump on player going for a mark front on - 2 weeks.
Hip and shoulder bump causing head injury (broken jaw, concussion etc) - 4 weeks.

The system is just a disaster when a player lays a bump close to the head and they consider it high contact. The AFL should worry less about it's players being out of the game through injury and start worrying about it's players missing games through a poor tribunal system and dodgy reports.

Last edited:

From what I have seen all year with Graham he has deserved his spot in the best 22.
He may very well need to improve his defensive side, but he's not going to learn that at the level required unless he's playing AFL level.

I feel for Mitch and the ridiculous suspension for his CLASSIC shirtfront. He didn't leave the ground, got the guy right up the middle and the end result put the guy flat on his back. We should be preserving the skills of the game when they are executed properly. The guy was stunned but recovered and played the rest of the match. It was a win-win for both players. Unlike hits on other guys which leave them with broken jaws and cheekbones. Not happy.:mad:

Sorry Jatz you are downright wrong about the bolded. Robbo was better then and is better now. Not going to buy in to the hysteria on this board about Graham's right to be in the best 22 because its too touchy. Almost as dangerous as criticising Bell or Levi.

But I will make this observation: bet your arse that if Brock ends up back in the VFL for an extended period he will star, but will the same people demanding Graham get played on the basis of good form be howling for Brock's elevation? Don't reckon.
You can't compare the two currently, one is just a kid.

Last season Graham didn't get forward enough. This season he doesn't get back enough. He's performed consistently well in the 2's all season and is now rightfully getting a crack at it and his performing well.

In relation to your point about Brock and the roles reversed. One player is on the rise, one is at the end of his career.

Anyway, not the thread for it. I'm sure we can debate it again soon :)

Hmmm, not very happy about this one. Either he's guilty of a head high bump (which from what I've seen I'm not sure is the case) and he gets rubbed out for at least four weeks but probably more given his record this season or he's not guilty and doesn't get anything at all but it seems to me like they've suspended him so it looks like they're doing something.

Either way, he should be set for a huge pre-season after all the rest he's had this year :D

So disappointed for robbo
That to me, was a fair bump, I didn't see any contact with head, and slow motion is no point to prove
It's split second decision making
Carlton and robbo get crapped on at tribunal always
Pity the ump wasn't directly behind the north player :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back