2014 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

These threads and lists get earlier every year!

Crossing my fingers for a new Jamie T album. Then again I've been saying that since 2009...

might as well get it rolling since songs/singles are being released now with full LP's dropping early 2014.

yes! I like jamie T alot. I remember there were talks years ago.. may have been shortly after his second album that he was going to work with damon albarn.. or at least damon would be producing his next album. guess that aint happening now

yes! I like jamie T alot. I remember there were talks years ago.. may have been shortly after his second album that he was going to work with damon albarn.. or at least damon would be producing his next album. guess that aint happening now

I just googled it and it seems that was a one-off charity thing: crazy combination though and something I never knew happened. There were murmurs about a heavy punk album, and the closest news was him featuring on a Rancid track (so he's alive), getting off after some male model stole his pint and JT hit him, and then some now denied claim that the album is soon out.

Also, the MØ album will be interesting.

Tokyo Police Club will always have my attention because of that still great debut EP. They're reading something too.

Northeast Party House have an album out around April, which I'm very much looking forward to. They've been one of my favourite bands since 2010, and since then they've been sporadically releasing singles, so it'll be interesting to see what they can offer in a long player.

The Drums have started work on their third album. They've been quiet for a while now, focusing on solo ventures, which will probably have some influence on the new album.

And DIIV had better bloody hurry up and release something, after cancelling gigs around the world (including Big Day Out) to focus on recording.

the drums have some alright pop/rock sounds
But i can never get past their shitty production. ITS BAAAAD.

my most anticipated for the first quarter..

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - Wig out at Jagbags
Always consistant, always brings the songs. One of the few who enjoy his post solo/jicks work just as much as the pavement stuff.

Broken Bells - After the Disco
The first one was a match made in heaven. Liking but not loving the new single..
Hopefully it brings in some new twists to the sound they established on the debut. That last shins album was pretty underrated to.

Neil Finn - Dizzy Heights
Have heard a few new cuts from this already and i am really liking what i'm hearing. Seems like NF is getting into this more experimental side of his songwriting again this past few years with Pajama Club and this release.

St. Vincet - St. Vincent
Her sound is one of the most origianl going around. Was just a casual fan until her last solo album strange mercy and her brilliant collab album Love this giant with David Byrne. Has one of the most brilliant guitar tones.

Beck - Morning Phase
Its great news that Beck is finally going to release a follow up to Modern Guilt. Released a ton of great singles, soundtrack/game/tv show songs since 2008 that also deserve a proper release. The album features many of the same musicians from Sea Change and is said to be a more upbeat companion peice to that album. YES!

New Warpaint in January. Early singles have me worried they are going for more of a generic dream pop sound this time around, but quietly optimistic.

Nothing else on the radar yet, in terms of a definite 2014 release.

English-Oceans-300x272.jpg

First Decent Leak of 2014
Drive-By Truckers - English Oceans
First Class Alt-Country
Some great rockers straight out of Keefology. Very tight band who understand how to get that beefy,warm southern guitar sound. Wont be leaving the car for a while:thumbsu:

Yeah I guess its wishful thinking on my part too but talk is they're heading into the studios in early to mid 2014 and Im hoping for a release around nov-dec ...

Please thom
pussinboots.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be nice if Aphex Twin released one of the 10 billion completed albums he supposedly has hidden away. Yeah right... :rolleyes:

Interpol should be back this year, but that's only about a 5/10 on the anticipation scale.

A new Radiohead album would be good, but not expecting that until 2015. An EP containing a studio version of Identikit would be nice though.

Hopefully new Tame Impala, and Damon Albarn's solo album will be interesting too.

the drums have some alright pop/rock sounds
But i can never get past their shitty production. ITS BAAAAD.

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - Wig out at Jagbags
Always consistant, always brings the songs. One of the few who enjoy his post solo/jicks work just as much as the pavement stuff.

this is now knocking about..
Def his most varied and playful since Face the truth if you have been following this solo stuff. Some straight out 60's pop gold on this one to. Nice addition of horns on a few tracks which is nice.
And of course SM's glorious guitar is still all over it. the tones are nice and thick like the Real Emotional Trash album, i dig:thumbsu:

I'm sure this'll be the year of the next Tool album, despite the past half-decade of rumour and speculation! (NAWT)

I am looking forward to Closure in Moscow putting out their 2nd album. What I've heard from it so far I've liked (though it took a while to grow on me) so it should be decent, at least.

Strung Out seem to be working on some new stuff. I'll be keen to see how that progresses.

Mastodon should have another album out too which I'm keen for.

New Wild Beasts LP slated for the 24th of Feb.

I fell in love with these guys in 2011. They've got a pretty inclusive sound so it'll be interesting to see where they go with it. Just hoping for another tour.

Potential new Muse album late in the year.

Muse early next year. Sound to be stripped back to rock.
The way it should be with Matt doing some adventurous stuff on his own..

The Avalanches................What happened to that release?

TV on the Radio, Caribou and I have a feeling that we may get an album from Burial also.

The Drums have started work on their third album. They've been quiet for a while now, focusing on solo ventures, which will probably have some influence on the new album.

Never understood the appeal of The Drums. Sound like a third rate Stone Roses cover band to me.

The Avalanches................What happened to that release?

Gets touted every December/January since about 2005. And there's always someone saying, "no seriously guys, this is going to be the year. Blah blah has been in the studio with them/Somebody has seen the artwork/They just need to get clearance on the final 10,000 samples"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back