2014 NASCAR Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Joey Logano won the Duck Commander 500 in a GWC finish, Jeff Gordon was second, Kyle Busch finished third with Brian Vickers and Kyle Larson rounding out the top five. Marcos finished 20th, one lap down.

Overall Jeff Gordon is the new leader followed by Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards. Logano has risen to fourth whilst Kyle Busch is now fifth. Marcos is now 18th overall.

The next race is the Bojangles' Southern 500 at Darlington on Saturday Night (Sunday morning Australian time).

Kevin Harvick won the Bojangles' Southern 500. He overtook Dale Earnhardt Jr with a few laps to go and held on for the win in the longest Southern 500 ever thanks to two GWC attempts. Jimmie Johnson was third, Matt Kenseth was fourth with Greg Biffle rounding out the top five. Marcos ended up coming home in 14th place. Earnhardt Jr's second place was his best ever finish at the Southern 500, a track where his late father won nine times.

Overall the top three are unchanged with Jeff Gordon still leading from Kenseth who is only one point behind. Carl Edwards remains third whilst Earnhardt Jr rises to fourth and Johnson sneaks into fifth place. Marcos ended up gaining a spot and is now 17th in points.

No race this weekend due to Easter but the next race is another Saturday Night affair with the Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond International Raceway. The race will again be on Sunday morning Australian time.

Was it Mears the who basically ran into the back of him towards the end of the race?

They never showed what happened to cause it
loved Dale Jr's tweet

@DaleJr: So, I went to Australia once. They don't take no
1f4a9.png
. #ThunderStruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Threw as many good punches as Lepai

I don't watch NASCAR but I just saw the Ambrose incident from last weekend. Can someone explain why Ambrose copped a $25,000 fine and that Mears only got a $15,000 fine? I normally don't condone throwing a punch but what was he meant to do exactly after the other bloke shoved him like that? If anything I thought the ones who should have been penalized the most were the other bloke and his team for not stepping in. I thought Ambrose originally showed a fair bit of restraint before the shove. That's probably me though without any understanding of the nature of NASCAR.

I don't watch NASCAR but I just saw the Ambrose incident from last weekend. Can someone explain why Ambrose copped a $25,000 fine and that Mears only got a $15,000 fine? I normally don't condone throwing a punch but what was he meant to do exactly after the other bloke shoved him like that? If anything I thought the ones who should have been penalized the most were the other bloke and his team for not stepping in. I thought Ambrose originally showed a fair bit of restraint before the shove. That's probably me though without any understanding of the nature of NASCAR.

Does seem odd,especially when you read how it started.Ambrose was on his way to see David Gilliland to say he had no hard feelings about DG drilling the back of his car when Mears just started mouthing off and grabbed him for a reason nobody still knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back