Green Bay Packers, Stanford
TV Schedule
Saturday October 4th
College Gameday Live from Oxford, Mississippi 11PM ESPN

Sunday October 5th
#6 Texas A&M Vs #12 Mississippi State LIVE 3AM ESPN
Purdue Vs Illinois LIVE 3AM ESPN2
#14 Stanford Vs #9 Notre Dame LIVE 6:30AM ESPN2
#19 Nebraska Vs #10 Michigan State 11AM ESPN [Live Baseball on before so likely to miss the start of the game]
College Football Final LIVE 4:30PM ESPN

Internet Subscriptions:
North Texas Vs Indiana 5:30AM BTN2GO International
Oregon State Vs Colorado 7AM Pac-12 Networks
Michigan Vs Rutgers 10AM BTN2GO International
California Vs Washington State 1:30PM Pac-12 Networks

* The first hour or so of gameday might be missed, with Tennis from China on before but is scheduled to finish at 11PM. But from past years its always way over
* No UCF Vs Houston or Arizona Vs Oregon on Friday or Louisville Vs Syracuse and Utah State Vs BYU with ESPN2 playing MLB and then Tennis both days and Baseball again on Sunday over a 10AM game. Hopefully they will be on ESPN3

The entire month has similar or worse interruptions for college Football on Sundays.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AP top 25 Rankings

01. Florida State
02. Oregon
03. Alabama
04. Oklahoma
05. Auburn
06. Texas A&M
07. Baylor
08. UCLA
09. Notre Dame
10. Michigan State
11. Ole Miss
12. Mississippi State
13. Gerogia
14. Stanford
15. LSU
16. USC
17. Wisconsin
18. BYU
19. Nebraska
20. Ohio State
21. Oklahoma State
22. East Carolina
23. Kansas State
24. Missouri
25. TCU

Dropped out: South Carolina, Arizona State

Last edited:
TV Schedule
Saturday October 4th
College Gameday Live from .... 11PM ESPN
Hopefully Mississippi State-Texas A&M
MAYBE Ole Miss-Alabama or TCU-Oklahoma.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hopefully Mississippi State-Texas A&M
MAYBE Ole Miss-Alabama or TCU-Oklahoma.

i would say its going to be at the LSU Vs Auburn game. i think it could be Michigan State Vs Nebraska. either way Herbie and Fowler will be calling the MSU/Nebraska game. but the SEC nation show will end up at Bama because Fienbaum has a hard on for them.

Gameday from Oxford next week

See, I think sending college teams across the Atlantic to England would be an infinitely more rewarding experience for the players than sending NFL teams over there each year.

See, I think sending college teams across the Atlantic to England would be an infinitely more rewarding experience for the players than sending NFL teams over there each year.
Oxford, Mississippi.
Ie. Ole Miss-Alabama.
Would've been my 2nd option, but yeah.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oxford, Mississippi.
Ie. Ole Miss-Alabama.
Would've been my 2nd option, but yeah.

i think he was trying to make a bad joke, and failed. and the whole thing about flying teams over had to be a joke since there is the game in Ireland every year now.

First time Gameday is going to the Ole Miss campus

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
My memory isn't that short that it doesn't seem a little silly complaining about college football coverage in Australia. Yet, for something that clearly has a cult following - which is all a sport really needs to have for pay tv coverage in Australia - it disappoints me that college football is clearly something that ESPN Australia/NZ only shows because they have it.

Weeks like next week (and more like them that aussiedude says are coming) and my feeling that we're seeing less and less blockbusters makes it harder to commit to this sport - especially when I compare it to my NFL experience where I can watch any game I want.

Over the last 3 seasons I've really come to enjoy college football more than the professional game. But I wish ESPN showed a bit more commitment to it. People talk about Fox Sports showing games - they don't have the rights (I feel like people assume they have rights to Fox Sports US games, which isn't the case), and I think they'd argue they don't need more live content on weekends.

If anyone is going to do it, it would be ESPN so they can show us the best matches of the day, be it SEC Network, Fox, CBS, whatever. They did it a couple of years ago with the SEC Championship game and I hoped it was a sign of things to come - it ended up only being a tease.

I typically start watching 3-4 games a day when daylight savings kicks in and the 4am starts are more palatable... it just seems like it's getting harder to watch though, not easier. Especially with certain online channels shutting down. This season is really bumming me out.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Charlie Weiss fired again - this time by Kansas.

He is a rubbish head coach, but manages to negotiate himself great contracts. He left Notre Dame with a $19m payout, and picks up another $7m walking away from the Jayhawks. Not bad pay for a coach from a "non-paid, non-professional" football comp.

Looks a great schedule this week.

In the UK we get UCF-Houston and Arizona-Oregon on Thur night/Friday morning, Louisville-Syracuse and Utah State-BYU on Friday Night/Sat Morning, then an SEC Fest on Sat with MSU vs A&M, Ole Miss v Bama then Auburn-LSU.

such is fyfe

Debutant
Oct 21, 2011
Memphis, TN
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Packers, Ole Miss, Grizzlies
back in perth and missing out on college game day in oxford stings a little. Not being able to the rebels and bama just hurts. will be an awesome game too. Our offense just needs to make plays and tick the yards over (specifically we only want to see good bo. please no dumb picks). The rebel def this year is incredible- only two td's conceded by an incredible secondary assisted by a brutal and fast d - line that puts pressure on the qb. I reckon this could be the key to knocking off bama- take away their offense and give bo a chance to throw a winning score. hotty toddy.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Correct - there's a pretty good quality stream on ESPN3.

Yeah ESPN3 improved heaps about 2 years ago when they changed the lay out, and stream format. it used to be crap but in the last few years has been good.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
yep - I really like espn 3 as an option at this time of year. my issue is more with remembering that it's there.

hopefully some of the "missing" Sunday matches are on espn3 over the next few weeks.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
aussiedude do you know how far out the update the "upcoming" section on ESPN3?

It's just that it would certainly help me remember to use ESPN3 if you included it on the tv schedule.

For this week it's saying:

6am - Virginia Tech v North Carolina
9am - Louisville vs NC State
9.30am - Boston vs Notre Dame (and with that, I see why maybe you don't use it... maybe this has been incorrectly labelled football?)

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
yep - I really like espn 3 as an option at this time of year. my issue is more with remembering that it's there.

hopefully some of the "missing" Sunday matches are on espn3 over the next few weeks.

i think they should, im still just using my cousins WatchESPN login while he is working in NY.

That was a BS call against Zona on the PI. lol Karma with the fumble recovery.

Back