NFL 2014 NFL - Week 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we ban the NFC South from TV?
Falcons-Browns was good yesterday.....

At least show us the week 16 Falcons-Saints game. It'll effectively be a defacto divisional championship game. :p

Falcons-Browns was good yesterday.....

At least show us the week 16 Falcons-Saints game. It'll effectively be a defacto divisional championship game. :p

Good in an awful way. Couldn't turn it off.

Can we ban the NFC South from TV?

Given the NFL managed (more by good fortune than planning) to schedule critical divisional games in every division in the NFC except the South on Thanksgiving you will in some small part get your wish.

Odell_zpsaba41a46.jpg

Hmmm and Beckham really said this in his press conference! :D

Poor Eli! :$

Wins by Division after Week 12 (and yes, I ignored ties).

AFC North - 28 (drawn against the NFC South and AFC South)
AFC South - 15 (Colts are on an 11 game winning streak in their own division, the definitive flat track bullies)
AFC East - 23
AFC West - 23

NFC North - 24 (drawn against the NFC South and AFC South)
NFC South - 13
NFC East - 22
NFC West - 27

Are the Northern divisions that good or the South that bad?

I know everything is cyclical but there are going to be some very good teams miss the playoffs based on the nuances of some soft schedules whilst others (and I'm not even talking about a divisional title here) will miss WC spots despite beating much better opposition.

It is what it is, but you look at this and understand why the BCS "debate" playoff spots.

Swings and roundabouts.

One thing about the teams in the South, they do tend to fall away pretty quickly (hence the number of last to first teams over the past decade). I have my theories on that but I reckon in part it's due to the nature of less successful franchises. Near enough can be good enough.

Personally I didn't think we played that badly today. Sure there were some bad plays & the OL struggled but ultimately we were beaten by a team that simply played better. Better game plan, they took their chances & executed when they needed to.

Wins by Division after Week 12 (and yes, I ignored ties).

AFC North - 28 (drawn against the NFC South and AFC South)
AFC South - 15 (Colts are on an 11 game winning streak in their own division, the definitive flat track bullies)
AFC East - 23
AFC West - 23

NFC North - 24 (drawn against the NFC South and AFC South)
NFC South - 13
NFC East - 22
NFC West - 27

Are the Northern divisions that good or the South that bad?

I know everything is cyclical but there are going to be some very good teams miss the playoffs based on the nuances of some soft schedules whilst others (and I'm not even talking about a divisional title here) will miss WC spots despite beating much better opposition.

It is what it is, but you look at this and understand why the BCS "debate" playoff spots.
We've beaten Green Bay (coming back from 18 points down), San Francisco (by 20 points on the road), Seattle (coming back from 12 points down), Denver, Kansas City (by 16 points on the road), Baltimore & Cincinnati (by 27 points in a shutout) in the past 3 seasons. On that same note we've lost to Jacksonville (after blowing an 11 point lead at home), the Jets (by 26 points), and St Louis (by 30 points and at home) in that same span. The division we play in inflates our record, but to say we're flat track bullies is baseless. The defensive unit? Yeah I'd give you that, but the overall team has gotten it done against some damn good teams since 2012, mainly thanks to the offense, and also laid an egg against some s**t teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make sure you trade Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson to New England for a pack of Twisties first.

Only if you give us Brady and Gronk in return. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back