NFL 2014 NFL - Week 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cards holding my skin of their teeth hey. How did most of the game play out against the chiefs MAGPIE2013? I only saw last 5ish mins before SD pats and couldn't believe they gave the cards the ball for that kelce fumble. Would of at least sent it into overtime. Still makes me sick with needing a field goal to tie the chiefs inability to let smiths reigns go and let him throw down field!!

The pats defense sneakily turned up, there pressure was amazing on rivers, despite two costly turnovers (very unbrady like throw). I do think the past got robbed with that browner hit which coat them a TD at a crucial time despite getting the pick later. In the end didn't matter
I will explain the fumble rule. When kelce got tackled, he did not have clear control of the ball . The ball started to move long before his knee made contact with the ground. That there is what is ruled as a fumble. Im not sure if people have watched the video clearly, the last 5 seconds before kelce gets taken to the ground the ball had started to become loose,he did not show maintaining control of the ball through the tackling motion.

I will explain the fumble rule. When kelce got tackled, he did not have clear control of the ball . The ball started to move long before his knee made contact with the ground. That there is what is ruled as a fumble. Im not sure if people have watched the video clearly, the last 5 seconds before kelce gets taken to the ground the ball had started to become loose,he did not show maintaining control of the ball through the tackling motion.
You need to provide a backstory for those who haven't seen it.
Because just by saying it was a reception attempt, you could easily be wrong as it could be deemed incomplete.

You need to provide a backstory for those who haven't seen it.
Because just by saying it was a reception attempt, you could easily be wrong as it could be deemed incomplete.
The official's blew the Kelce play just like they blew the Browner hit. Neither were correct calls and unfortunately for the Chiefs, it may cost them a playoff spot.

The official's blew the Kelce play just like they blew the Browner hit. Neither were correct calls and unfortunately for the Chiefs, it may cost them a playoff spot.
They've been calling Browner type hits like that for years now. I prefer that sort of consistency (Especially when the violent hit ruling typifies the hit as either head OR neck area).

Looked like that was ATL ball. Don't understand that foul either. The ball was out everyone has a right to try get it.
Yeah I thought that was a typical QB call, despite being downfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've been calling Browner type hits like that for years now. I prefer that sort of consistency (Especially when the violent hit ruling typifies the hit as either head OR neck area).
It's either helmet to helmet which it wasn't (the footage clearly shows it wasn't H2H) or it's a hit on a defenceless receiver which it couldn't have been as Green was juggling the football trying to catch it. It was a s**t call and continues the NFL's policy of removing good, hard football play from NFL defences.

It's either helmet to helmet which it wasn't (the footage clearly shows it wasn't H2H) or it's a hit on a defenceless receiver which it couldn't have been as Green was juggling the football trying to catch it. It was a s**t call and continues the NFL's policy of removing good, hard football play from NFL defences.
Regardless of which, that is called 100% of the time. In real time, you can't blame the refs for calling it, and they've called similar plays like that for years, rightly or wrongly. Consistency trumps pedantics.

Launched upwards, in the head neck area, violent helmet movement = penalty. Consistency.

spin move?

I would have thought he'd be more of an "X" button guy (trucking)

(not watching the game, listening to it instead)
Trucking is R3 up?
X is stiff arm?

If Cleveland coach Mike Pettine chooses Johnny Manziel as the Browns' quarterback this week, the rookie won't lack for motivation against the Bengals in his first NFL start.

Opposing coach Marvin Lewis couldn't have been more dismissive when asked by WLW-AM in Cincinnati Monday night about the possibility of facing Manziel this week.

"You've got to go defend the offense," Lewis said. "You don't defend the player."

After a short pause, Lewis then added: "Particularly a midget."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441113/article/bengals-marvin-lewis-mocks-johnny-manziel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back