NFL 2014 NFL - Week 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of which, that is called 100% of the time. In real time, you can't blame the refs for calling it, and they've called similar plays like that for years, rightly or wrongly. Consistency trumps pedantics.

Launched upwards, in the head neck area, violent helmet movement = penalty. Consistency.
Being consistently wrong is not the same as being consistently right. I'm all for player safety but you don't make up what you want because of what you think happened.

Being consistently wrong is not the same as being consistently right. I'm all for player safety but you don't make up what you want because of what you think happened.
IMO they aren't consistently wrong.

Its good application of largely shitty rules.

There is nothing about bobbling meaning they aren't defenceless receivers still.

H2H contact was eventually made, doesn't mean it has to be initial contact.

Forearm to neck region impacts defenceless receiver ruling. Doesn't matter what body part makes contact.

IMO they aren't consistently wrong.

Its good application of largely shitty rules.

There is nothing about bobbling meaning they aren't defenceless receivers still.

H2H contact was eventually made, doesn't mean it has to be initial contact.

Forearm to neck region impacts defenceless receiver ruling. Doesn't matter what body part makes contact.
I don't agree with your opinion on the matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree with your opinion on the matter.
When have you? :p

Just think anyone who cherrypicks that call as particularly bad hasn't been giving enough credence to the nature of the rules over the last couple of years.

Typical braindead play calling by the Falcons at the end of a game.
LOL
Like you can talk.
At least our playcalling got an inferior team back in the game.
How'd you go against Carolina? :drunk:

NFC South champion to put in a waiver as they desperately need it? :$:p
HAHA, still remember when Georgia Tech (my college football program of choice) put in the waiver 2 years ago to get into the Sun Bowl against preseason #1 USC (who displayed their disinterest in being there), and steamrolled them. Good times.

Respect to Green Bay.
Game over and they still knee it on 4th down :thumbsu:

Agreed....but were they doing on the previous three downs starting on the 6, could have taken a knee on those downs too instead of running "real" running plays....don't think they were trying to score but could just as easily fumbled.

When have you? :p

Just think anyone who cherrypicks that call as particularly bad hasn't been giving enough credence to the nature of the rules over the last couple of years.
I'm not cherrypicking a call, I'm referencing all those bad calls. Perhaps you missed the initial comment that including the refs blowing the Kelce call too?

I'm not cherrypicking a call, I'm referencing all those bad calls. Perhaps you missed the initial comment that including the refs blowing the Kelce call too?
I meant in regards to the current rule set and the Browner situation. Not having a go.

Honestly I would have been annoyed if it hadn't been called purely based on te fact that they ALWAYS call it like that and to do otherwise, regardless of the actual rule, would be worse because it leads to more confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back