NFL 2014 NFL - Week 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Todman busts out a 62 yard TD run and the Jaguars go up 21-10 half-way through the last quarter. I'm sitting in my office cussing away as my fantasy opponent has Todman. FFS.

Cutler is an easy scapegoat with his DGAFF attitude but you play qb for a northern big city team, you should expect pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That pass inteference against Tennesse was just such a bad call. Realise does ruin a game

Still, who gets sacked on a 3 man rush hail mary

Depends on where the Jets finish the season. Lose out and results go the Jets' way they could be looking at taking whichever QB Tampa Bay doesn't take (probably Winston). Stay at the #5-#6 draft pick position and I suspect the Jets will probably sign a free agent QB and draft a QB in the later rounds in the draft to have a competition in pre-season with Geno. Vick will be cut after the season, regardless.

If the Titans and Bucs are above you in the draft order you can kiss Winston and Mariota goodbye. I'm almost certain they will draft both those QB's, just depends who goes where.

Titans last 3 opponents had a combined 8 wins on the season, lost to them all.
last time a stretch been this bad was the 1996 Saints, losing to teams with 8 wins combined in week 13 to 15 (2, 2, 3 wins)
yuck
Jets - 0
Texans - 1
Patriots - 1
Dolphins - 1
Chargers - 4

5 losses to teams with 7 combined wins.
Weeks 1-6 this year by the Raiders.

Raiders now have NFL’s longest underdog streak
Posted by Mike Wilkening on December 18, 2014, 11:07 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwzjodm5zdjlyjvlnjezmti5ztllztqyyzi2ntniodhk-e1418961952131.jpeg
Getty Images
With the Jaguars closing as favorites vs. the Titans on Thursday night, 31-of-32 teams have been favored by oddsmakers this season.

The lone exception is the Raiders, who have been underdogs in 22 consecutive regular-season games. They were one-point favorites vs. Philadelphia on November 3, 2013, a game they lost 49-20. The Raiders’ underdog streak is poised to extend to 23 games; the Bills are 6.5-point favorites at Oakland on Sunday.

Moreover, it’s likely the Raiders will go the entire 2014 season without being favored. They finish out the campaign at Denver (11-3) on December 28.

While the Raiders have been consistent underdogs, they haven’t been pushovers against the point spread. They are 7-7 against the number, per “The Linemakers” of Sporting News. That’s the same point spread record as Denver, which has been favored in 12-of-14 games entering Week 16.

If the Titans and Bucs are above you in the draft order you can kiss Winston and Mariota goodbye. I'm almost certain they will draft both those QB's, just depends who goes where.

I'll preface this by saying I know nothing about college football however from what I've read and heard of these two I reckon whoever ends up with those picks (Tampa & Titans almost certainties) would be better off trading down and trying to get a deal similar to what the Rams got from Washington for the RGIII pick. The fans, media and even owners and coaches probably get more excited with the "star" QB however 1) how often do the high picked QB'S not work out and 2) how much better off are you shoring up several positions at once especially those line positions.

I wanted the Jets to lose out including last week to get a higher pick but thought the above situation would be better in the long run rather than drafting another QB who in all likelihood will end up another Sanchez/Geno. Seems you're better off building strong lines with some good coverage in the secondary and trying to trade in a competent QB and good skill players rather than going all in to try and draft that elusive "franchise" QB with a top pick - especially if you're just setting them up to fail by giving them no protection and no weapons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back