NFL 2014 NFL - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I can live with the call on the INT. When receivers overplay the contact then I reckon they shouldn't be rewarded for it.

The horse collar though is the sort of bullshit call when you know they're guessing (or worse).

Unlike many sports, officiating does decide outcomes in American Football.

A bit premature on this one, you have to play the Texans twice yet.

Not to mention the Texans started last season 2-0 and we all know how that finished.

See this is classic.

Foles has been average. Luck has been much worse. He is 13-23 and 75 yards ffs.

Why doesnt anyone speak negatively of him, ever?

Yeah true, suppose expectations for Foles are so much lower. But yeah Luck had a poor game.

Yeah true, suppose expectations for Foles are so much lower. But yeah Luck had a poor game.

What I don't get though is that everyone is so keen to tell us that Foles isn't a franchise QB, and yet he's the one that's accused of being the disappointment during the games. Luck supposedly walks on water, yet all he gets is praise for 'mental toughness' when he misses throws.

how many more prime time games do Philly have?
hopefully not many

Who would want to see an explosive innovative offensive juggernaut completing comebacks in prime time?

What I don't get though is that everyone is so keen to tell us that Foles isn't a franchise QB, and yet he's the one that's accused of being the disappointment during the games. Luck supposedly walks on water, yet all he gets is praise for 'mental toughness' when he misses throws.

Not sure he gets praised for missing passes, but Luck has been asked to throw longer and deeper than some other QBs, especially his first year. Foles' YAC is high. They showed a stat during game where Sproles had 135 rec yds, 123 YAC.

Not sure he gets praised for missing passes, but Luck has been asked to throw longer and deeper than some other QBs, especially his first year. Foles' YAC is high. They showed a stat during game where Sproles had 135 rec yds, 123 YAC.

That's this game. The Eagles threw deeper more consistently than practically anyone last year.

Luck had higher YAC last year than Nick, even adjusted for games started.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...ck-passing-yards-after-catch-statistics/2013/

And Luck cost me a win in fantasy. What an ass! :p

Same - had Venetari, needed one more point to draw or a FG to win. Luck throws an int in the red zone and Indy never gets back there. :(

You've got to love the NFL

The following teams are 2-0 and it's not surprising: Philadelphia, Denver, Cincinnati
Then there's the moderately surprising 2-0 teams: Carolina, Arizona
Then there's the "I can't believe the following teams are 2-0": Buffalo, Houston
Equally it's not surprising that Jacksonville, Oakland, Kansas City, and the Giants are 0-2
Tampa Bay is disappointingly 0-2, and
Indianapolis, and New Orleans are 0-2??? WTF!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well Houston have been fairly comfortable favs in both games, biggest WTF is probably the Saints but given their road record you can almost understand it.

Tampa Bay certainly disappointing, comfortable favourites in both games and lost them both, seemed to have been wrongfully hyped before the season

Luck supposedly walks on water, yet all he gets is praise for 'mental toughness' when he misses throws.

It's that dangerfield/fyfe thing. Pre-annointed young guns can do no wrong in the eyes of the media.

Foles has came from nowhere last year so he'll have to do it tougher. Reckon he's a great QB.

Eagles had highest YAC per reception last season. Total YAC as you've quoted usually favours those with more total yards in general, hence Manning and Brees being so high.

Do you have a link for that stat? I have trouble believing it actually.

Unlike many sports, officiating does decide outcomes in American Football.

Don't overlook the most overrated sport rolling around.. that round ball code where cheating is more prevalent in more ways than one.

With gridiron, it's a play at a time… but like Aussie Rules… bad officiating can shape a result but not 'decide it' as they still need to convert.

It gets irritating for many who know it too well that it's the 'management of the leagues' who are the CANCER in the process. Too much 'emphasis' on what to target in any given week which tears the standard/ focus in half. Accidental contact will happen more time than not, in contested situations. Anybody who has been involved with the sport for a SOLID period of time (say three years+) would have an adquate understanding the difference between a clean hit with accidental contact to the head/helmet and rough hit (late) with minimal intentional contact. Problem is that I EXTREMELY DOUBT that most NFL officials actually know the difference. It's like PI… on the same parameters. SECOND GUESSING IS GARBAGE. I'd rather a 50/50 situation NO CALL rather than accidental contact NIT PICKING call.. that deserves the groans and head shakes.. if it's not POKE YOU in the EYES obvious.. don't call it. It you miss a call.. BAD LUCK.. get the next one. Don't make it up just to even it up. AFL are notorious for such antics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back