Denver at Seattle LIVE
Kansas City at Miami

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 @ 10:30 AM
Pittsburgh at Carolina LIVE

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 @ 10:20 AM
Chicago at New York Jets LIVE

AUSTRALIAN T.V. GAMES
LIVE ON ESPN AT 10.30 AM ON 19/9 : Tampa Bay at Atlanta

LIVE ON ESPN AT 3.00AM ON 22/9: ESPN Redzone (for all day games)

LIVE ON 7MATE AT 3.00 AM ON 22/9 : Washington at Philadelphia

LIVE ON 7MATE AT 6.25 AM ON 22/9 : Denver at Seattle

LIVE ON ESPN AND 7MATE AT 10.30 AM ON 22/9 : Pittsburgh at Carolina

LIVE ON ESPN AT 10.30 AM ON 23/9 : Chicago at New York Jets

NB: VIC, NSW, QLD, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 2 hours WA

Last edited:
Brasher’s Week 3 Musings

Tampa Bay at Atlanta I hope last week put to rest much of the sexy talk about the Bucs being a contender to win their division, after all, they play in the NFC South, not the NFC East. This divisional match up should finally put any more of this divisional contender nonsense to rest.

Baltimore at Cleveland With Boston’s recent sporting team success is there now no other city more in need in national sporting recognition than Cleveland? The Indians will miss a wild card spot by a whisker, LeBron will be the false Messiah at the Cavs and the Browns played well enough last week they can play with the big boys in the NFL. This is a statement game for the Browns, Ravens by a Browns last minute mistake.

Dallas at St. Louis If Jason Garrett wants to keep his job the first two weeks have shown that he must put the ball in the hands of RB DeMarco Murray. But his boss Jerry Jones doesn’t like to win ugly so, once again, expect the game to be put in Tony Romo’s hands. Lucky for Jones and unlucky for Cowboy Nation, Jones can’t fire himself.

Green Bay at Detroit The bipolar Lions are the most frustrating team in the league. I’m not a huge fan of Donkey Kong Suh but I sure wanted him to rip Cam Newton’s helmet off with his jumbo sized head still in it. Cam Newton demonstrates all the traits of what is wrong with the world today, look at me attitude when he is going well, sulks like a 4 year old when it doesn’t. Maybe he should get tattoos, despite what the Panthers owner thinks, at least we could then say he was being gangster.

Houston at New York Giants The Texans could be 3-0 after this week. If you want to raise the tanking issue about Houston’s 2013 season this is the time to do it as things get a little tougher from here on out. Maybe it’s the Giants turn to start tanking, which will be a great effort to achieve in their division.

Indianapolis at Jacksonville Officiating doesn’t decide football games but they certainly do influence outcomes. Sure the Colts (specifically Luck) sucked down the stretch but you will see 500 holding calls made this year that are weaker than the one the officials failed to flag on Brandon Boykin. In a year the league was making this a point of emphasis (clearly with selective application if you witnessed the 49ers and Bear contest) missing such a blatant foul is inexcusable.

Minnesota at New Orleans The Saints have started the season the dreaded 0-2 and history shows that Ray Rice has a better chance of winning Husband of the Year that the Saints have of qualifying for the playoffs.

Oakland at New England Tom Brady is having trouble throwing the ball down the field, is it age or the fact he has no one to throw to? This week against the Raiders isn’t going to shed any light on the issue one way or another.

San Diego at Buffalo Could the Bills go 3-0? Should the Chargers have been 3-0 after this week? That’s why we play the games. On one hand this game smells of Charger let down travelling to the other side of the country, on the other the Bills could be 3-0. Your guess is as good as mine. When in doubt, other than the Jags, take the home team.

Tennessee at Cincinnati Apologies to Titans fans but you would be forgiven for mistakingly thinking they were no longer in the league, so under the radar their start to the season has been. I had to google their starting line-up for this commentary and still came away with nothing. Maybe they need to have someone arrested to get back on the front page of NFL.com?

Washington at Philadelphia Could the best QB on the Washington roster finally be starting long term? Over at the Eagles how the hell did Trent Richardson garner a 1st round pick in a trade and Darren Sproles only warrant a 5th? This trade is on a par with the Boldin to the 49ers for a 6th of a couple of years ago. Only difference is one trade involved the City of Brotherly Love and the other involved just Brotherly Love.

San Francisco at Arizona Once or twice a year Colin Kaepernick initiates a monumental meltdown. The Bears had no business winning that game but a combination of stupid coaching, QB play and discipline led to the 49ers downfall. If you can’t beat Jay Cutler with an injured roster what hope have you got against Drew Stanton the Giant Slayer?

Denver at Seattle Everyone is looking forward to this game as last year’s SuperBowl rematch. I’m looking forward to seeing how the league handles their focus on downfield fouls. Will it be League Poster Boy or Richard Sherman (many who think is the reason for the crackdown on defensive backfield infringements) who will come up trumps? Will make interesting viewing.

Kansas City at Miami Riddle me this Batman? How many more starters can the Chiefs afford to lose before they seriously start looking towards 2015? The answer is academic, that number has already come and gone. With the Chargers playing well, the Broncos being the NFL’s poster child, Andy Reid may as well start scouting the draft.

Pittsburgh at Carolina I like Head Coach Ron Rivera. If he was my boss and he did something wrong, I would bring the lime and shovel, no questions asked. Onto the game, I don’t care who wins this as long as some Steeler wipes that smug grin off Cam Less Than SuperMan Newton’s face. It is has been a long time following sports of all codes that I have so singularly hated on a professional athelete.

Chicago at New York Jets Cutler didn’t throw an intercept last week so if you have him in fantasy football I’d be tempted to bench him this week. But then you look at what Brandon Marshall did gainst a good defense last week, what is he going to do to that jets backfield. If the Jets front seven get to Cutler they win, if they don’t, well they won’t.

Last edited:
19-13 tipping so far for me this season (pending Indianapolis win)

Tampa Bay at Atlanta 28-17
Baltimore at Cleveland 21-14
Dallas at St. Louis 21-17
Green Bay at Detroit 38-23
Houston at New York Giants 23-14
Indianapolis at Jacksonville 31-13
Minnesota at New Orleans 31-17
Oakland at New England 28-13
San Diego at Buffalo 31-28
Tennessee at Cincinnati 27-17
Washington at Philadelphia 38-27
San Francisco at Arizona 24-21
Kansas City at Miami 24-16
Denver at Seattle 20-17
Pittsburgh at Carolina 34-24
Chicago at New York Jets 24-20

Denver on again....yes they should be showing that game, but they better not be on the following week.

My picks

Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Baltimore
at Cleveland
Dallas at St. Louis
Green Bay
at Detroit
Houston at New York Giants
Indianapolis
at Jacksonville
Minnesota at New Orleans
Oakland at New England
San Diego at Buffalo
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Washington at Philadelphia
San Francisco
at Arizona
Kansas City at Miami
Denver at Seattle
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Chicago
at New York Jets

Denver on again....yes they should be showing that game, but they better not be on the following week.

My picks

Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Baltimore
at Cleveland
Dallas at St. Louis
Green Bay
at Detroit
Indianapolis
at Jacksonville
Minnesota at New Orleans
Oakland at New England
San Diego at Buffalo
Tennessee at Cincinnati
San Francisco
at Arizona
Kansas City at Miami
Denver at Seattle
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Chicago
at New York Jets
We have a bye, but we have about 5-6 more games on 7mate this year (including Seattle next week) and then at least 2 more on ESPN

Heard during the commentary that it will be the first time ever that in the week before meeting on MNF, one team trailed by 17 or more points and came back to win (CHI) and the other team lead by 17 or more points and ended up losing (NYJ). Make of that what you will.

Some very intriguing games this weekend mixed in with some shockers.
Green Bay at Detroit: Last time the Packers were utterly annihilated, very important divisional match
San Diego at Buffalo: Coming off a great win against the Seawhawks now against an undefeated Bills, that's 3 very strong defences for Rivers and the Charges in a row now.
San Francisco at Arizona: Huge divisional game, San Fran can ill afford to lose and the Cards can pull two games clear from them and maybe even the Hawks.
Denver at Seattle: Superbowl rematch, not much more needs to be said but the Hawks can't afford to go 2 games down on the Cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering how my picks have been this year, I'm not sure why I am bothering.

But:
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Baltimore
at Cleveland
Dallas at St. Louis
Green Bay at Detroit
Indianapolis
at Jacksonville
Minnesota at New Orleans
Oakland at New England
San Diego at Buffalo
Tennessee at Cincinnati
San Francisco
at Arizona
Kansas City at Miami
Denver at Seattle
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Chicago
at New York Jets

Stop giving Pittsburgh the prime time slot. They are awful.

Never underestimate 'resilience'.. in any team that has proven before they can turn the tables like a few teams have already this season. Last season the Steelers were looking just as lame early (Steelers' D need to get turnovers… playing reactive won't get turnovers). They turned it around in the second half of the season to go 6-2. I agree, the last six quarters haven't been inspiring but there are players busting their rear end to make plays…. so many elements to a play let alone TEAMWORK that needs to be precise.

Stop giving Pittsburgh the prime time slot. They are awful.

Agree.

Steelers V Panthers will be a bore fest, glad i will be at work.

Considering how my picks have been this year, I'm not sure why I am bothering.

But:
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Baltimore at Cleveland
Dallas at St. Louis
Green Bay at Detroit
Indianapolis at Jacksonville
Minnesota at New Orleans
Oakland at New England
San Diego at Buffalo
Tennessee at Cincinnati
San Francisco at Arizona
Kansas City at Miami
Denver at Seattle
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Chicago at New York Jets
I see your problem

Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Baltimore at Cleveland
Dallas at St. Louis
Green Bay at Detroit
Minnesota at New Orleans
Oakland at New England
San Diego at Buffalo
Tennessee at Cincinnati
San Francisco at Arizona
Kansas City at Miami
Denver at Seattle
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Chicago at New York Jets

Expecting a few blow outs in Week 3. The Superbowl Re-match should be awesome.

Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Baltimore at Cleveland
Dallas at St. Louis
Green Bay at Detroit
Minnesota at New Orleans
Oakland at New England
San Diego at Buffalo
Tennessee at Cincinnati
San Francisco at Arizona
Kansas City at Miami
Denver at Seattle
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Chicago at New York Jets

Expecting a few blow outs in Week 3. The Superbowl Re-match should be awesome.

What games are expecting blow outs in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back