Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Another season is done, so now we can look forward to how large chunks of salary cap space will be wasted on overrated free agents. Let the (other) silly season begin!

Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Yes, lets ignore the Queens.

Sharks will do their normal, nothing.
I'd be very surprised if you're right about the Sharks. Wilson is on the record saying that he is going to make some big moves this year. Lot of rumours about Jumbo being the first one out of there.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Anyone have a list of the pre-season games? I've noticed a few pop up on Ticketmaster.

FedEXFalls

Losing makes you grow
Apr 25, 2011
A few years ahead
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Melbourne Ice
Ahh, another offseason with Nill running the show. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

- Rome
- Fiddler
- Thomas
- Whitney

Are gone from the Stars so far. Well Fiddler still has to find another home.

FedEXFalls

Losing makes you grow
Apr 25, 2011
A few years ahead
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Melbourne Ice
Stars.jpg

Calder cup champions. The future is bright. Don't * it up, Dallas.

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Montreal Canadiens, Golden State
Anyone honestly believe that Habs coach Michel Therrien will see out his 1 year + 4 year contract extension? Must be nice to have a mega-billionaire like Geoff Molson as owner.......

Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Anyone honestly believe that Habs coach Michel Therrien will see out his 1 year + 4 year contract extension? Must be nice to have a mega-billionaire like Geoff Molson as owner.......
I say he gets to half way through year two. He's the type of coach that grinds on his players, and it wears off eventually. We've already started seeing that.

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Willie Desjardins (Calder Cup winning Texas Stars' coach) to coach the Canucks, sounds like he had a choice between the ocean and the three rivers, chose the seaside. Interesting to see what they do with Kesler.

They may as well call it the NHL6 Winter Classic.. it seems to rotate through a small amount of teams.

Does seem odd. I'm a Pens fan and we've had two Winter Classics (one home, one away) and an away stadium series game.

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
I have a feeling dallas will trade/UFA signing for a 2nd line centre.

From what ive read Nill loves his young pieces in the top 6 (Benn, Seguin, Nichushkin, Chiasson) wants need a veteran 2nd line centre to anchor the top 6.

I loved the look of what Jeff carter did with the two youngsters Toffoli and Pearson in the playoffs, would love Dallas to get a Pat SHarp or a Stastny to have that type of impact on the 2nd line

Apr 8, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Toronto Blue Jays
Chad Johnson confirmed to be leaving the Bruins.
Really good goaltender and deserves a starting gig somewhere. Hope somebody takes him because they'll definitely get their moneys worth.

Also strong rumours of the Bruins trading Boychuk to make room for Iginla. Would be an interesting move, can see him joining Ferrence in Edmonton. Will be catching a few more Oilers games next season if that's the case. If Iginla has another season like 13/14 in him then it's worth the sacrifice.

Anybody catch the awards yesterday? My internet is f*cked atm so I couldn't stream it, I hear Cuba Gooding put on a hell of a show though :eek:.

Back