2014 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
I couldn't believe it when I heard how much he was on, and yet he has struggled to get games over guys like Jake Lloyd this year. How is he not getting a game?

The explanation I heard from a Swans supporter is that he was very close to getting a game, then got injured. By the time he came back, Sydney were embarking on their record-breaking winning streak and Longmire doesn't want to change the team while they're on a good thing.

Seems like an excuse to me - you can always find a place for a midfielder if they're good enough. It's not a first ruck or a KPF, it's generally easy to shuffle the decks, squeeze a midfielder in and pop your least performing small out the team.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Carlton into Tom Mitchell who the Swans are supposedly paying $400k per year. WTF.
That figure is what was first bandied about but Robbo said on AFL 360 last night that figure was absolutely wrong, it is $500k......must be a lot of players on the Sydney list getting big UNDERS!!!

BTW mentioned on radio over here that Nick Malceski has put contract talks on hold and may be very gettable for the "right" money???

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
That figure is what was first bandied about but Robbo said on AFL 360 last night that figure was absolutely wrong, it is $500k......must be a lot of players on the Sydney list getting big UNDERS!!!

BTW mentioned on radio over here that Nick Malceski has put contract talks on hold and may be very gettable for the "right" money???
That is obscene, I demand a Royal Commission

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
That is obscene, I demand a Royal Commission
Apparently he got this obscene amount of money from Sydney 2 years ago as a F/S recruit to circumvent GWS drafting him according to Robbo, the "expansion" teams scenario certainly over inflated the market massively as we also found out at the AFC.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Tom Mitchell is a stud. But his disposal is poor, and he doesn't work hard enough going 2 ways.

He's been dropped to send the message that he has things to work on & horse expects him to do just that

Doesn't work hard enough two ways..... He will fit right in at Carlton

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Buddy has dumped Pickering as his manager... moving on to his girlfriends manager (Jesinta Campbell in case people have been living under a rock). This new manager of his isn't AFL accredited though according to Damo, and all commissions based on his contract will still go to Pickering. Looks like he's trying to build his profile outside of footy circles.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Buddy has dumped Pickering as his manager... moving on to his girlfriends manager (Jesinta Campbell in case people have been living under a rock). This new manager of his isn't AFL accredited though according to Damo, and all commissions based on his contract will still go to Pickering. Looks like he's trying to build his profile outside of footy circles.

Without knowing how good the new manager is its pretty smart really, he won't need to do a football contract deal again, without the need for those football related negotiations he might as well get the best manager he can for the other stuff.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Without knowing how good the new manager is its pretty smart really, he won't need to do a football contract deal again, without the need for those football related negotiations he might as well get the best manager he can for the other stuff.
That pretty much nails it. This woman has managed guys like Karl Stefanovic and Shane Watson, so I guess she must be pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back