2014 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And nothing of value was lost. :thumbsu:

He's probably going onto "legitimate business ventures" post-football with "well respected members of the community."
Aside from knowing Toby Mitchell as he was a childhood friend, and having a couple of tatts, what else has King done off field that generates so much hate? I always love watching his media appearances as he's a genuinely funny bloke, and who doesn't like a bit of biff on the field? Definitely got the most out of limited talent, and players like that deserve credit.

I was listening to 5aa over the top of the fox commentary, and couldn't hear the stadium sound effects. But watching the replay, god it was noticeable.

Sounded horrible.
It was a holden sponsorship thing with a rev-meter that got louder and louder while saying 'get loud'. Not only was it the most irritating thing ever to be at a football game, it also defeated its own purpose because it was so loud you couldn't hear the crowd anyway. Also they only played it after a Pies goal, not after the crows got a goal, which is when the crowd needs to be revved up the most!

Disgrace really, I can't believe Port are continuing their association with that business, its not just an anti-gay comment either, while thats obviously the bit that should be punished. Insulting supporters of our team while at the same time asking us to give them money on game day? this must get more attention, I can't believe this venue will be open just outside our game on the weekend.

If a player had said such a thing he would have faced a serious sanction, been forced to apologise etc, rather than a slap on the wrist.

Not sure which thread to put this - but Footy Classified just put up an interesting table where they analysed the at least three roles that at least half the Hawks players can play and the incredibly flexibility it gives Clarkson during a game to make fast adjustments and changes. And with some players there are probably more - like Roughey.

What would this look like if we did the same sort of analysis for us? Think it might be very interesting and highlight some gaps/deficits/holes. Is someone better than me interested in having a go? Just a thought.

Not sure which thread to put this - but Footy Classified just put up an interesting table where they analysed the at least three roles that at least half the Hawks players can play and the incredibly flexibility it gives Clarkson during a game to make fast adjustments and changes. And with some players there are probably more - like Roughey.

What would this look like if we did the same sort of analysis for us? Think it might be very interesting and highlight some gaps/deficits/holes. Is someone better than me interested in having a go? Just a thought.
Gaps/deficits/holes? You kidding? We have Pods, swing man of the century.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a white tent near the Southern Gate that sells cheap beers and food.

It is part of the Tennis SA site, and operated by the Power. I guess this company supplies the tent.

If you don't want to give the Power any money avoid that place.

It was a good spot too. :(

Unsurprisingly, I forgot that he was still even in the AFL. Also surprised to find he still managed 27 games at the Suns.

It was a good spot too. :(

I was a bit slow to catch on to it, we went there for the first time at the last game - looks like it will be the last time too. Lucky there are plenty of options on the other side of the river before we head over.

Perhaps we can get Deano to hold up a banner infront of the stairs down to the White Marquee "Boycott the Bigot".

Last time he did it, Trigg left.

I was a bit slow to catch on to it, we went there for the first time at the last game - looks like it will be the last time too. Lucky there are plenty of options on the other side of the river before we head over.

Perhaps we can get Deano to hold up a banner infront of the stairs down to the White Marquee "Boycott the Bigot".

Last time he did it, Trigg left.

Showdown was my first visit. Spent the 3rd qtr of the Hawks game in there too (was a bit too drunk to get back to my seat)

deaneus, what you think?? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back