2014 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
spot on, but I think he was more known on the East coast than here in good ol' SA. I saw kids at uni in the 70's walking around with Rodriguez T-shirts but I had no idea who he was - doh! I could just punch myself in the face.
You are probably right, I think he played Festival Theatre on that 79 tour though..... it's all before my time
I heard his stuff quite a bit as a kid because of Dad & his mates, he was always quite popular here among musicians and songwriters i believe.

Luke Beveridge is the frontrunner for the Bulldogs job.
Never heard of him up until now, if he gets it it's interesting to see some more left-field selections like us with Walsh. Must be rated highly.

Luke Beveridge
St. Kilda - Director of Coaching
DOB:
23/08/1970
Playing record:
Melbourne 1989-1992: 42 games, 41 goals
Footscray 1993-1995: 31 games, 29 goals
St Kilda 1996-1999: 45 games, 37 goals
Pre-season P'ship 1996
Coaching record:
St Bede's Mentone (VAFA) 2006-2008
- P'ship's 2006 (C Section), 2007 (B Section) & 2008 (A Section)
Collingwood Development Manager 2009-2010
Hawthorn Assistant Coach 2012-2014
St. Kilda Director of Coaching 2015-
After the unprecedented success Luke experienced with the brilliant people from St Bedes Mentone Tigers and 17 years working in Management for Commonwealth Regulators, Luke explored his coaching with the Magpies in 2009/10 and then with Hawthorn.
Following the 2014 Premiership with the Hawks Luke accepted the role as Director of Coaching with St. Kilda
Luke has a Bachelor of Taxation (Distinction) and is a Level 3 qualified coach.

http://www.aflca.com.au/index.php?id=17&coachID=1872382

So in the "we hate Port" category..

Had to laugh at the article this morning where Kane Cornes has had his premiership ankle tatt removed!

This is hysterical. The reason he said was he was young, got caught up in everyone else doing it and it's poor quality and he's been meaning to get rid of it for a while but waited til after the 10 year reunion

But it's still your one and only premiership tatt! And he's not even going to replace it with a better quality one

He just hopes it doesn't offend any supporters..

No I can see that going down REAL well :D

So in the "we hate Port" category..

Had to laugh at the article this morning where Kane Cornes has had his premiership ankle tatt removed!

This is hysterical. The reason he said was he was young, got caught up in everyone else doing it and it's poor quality and he's been meaning to get rid of it for a while but waited til after the 10 year reunion

But it's still your one and only premiership tatt! And he's not even going to replace it with a better quality one

He just hopes it doesn't offend any supporters..

No I can see that going down REAL well :D
He did say at one point that it would make room for the 2015 premiership tattoo. Up and about the Power boys

He did say at one point that it would make room for the 2015 premiership tattoo. Up and about the Power boys

Nope - the truth is; the Cornes boys really do take after their father and deep down hate that club. He is just setting up the removal of all things Port Power as he only has 1 or 2 years left.

Don't you remember Chad referring to them as Port Power after he retired and said some damming things as well.

He knows the removal will offend some Port Power supporters as he isn't branded wqith that dribble anymore. His cell number has been removed.

Nope - the truth is; the Cornes boys really do take after their father and deep down hate that club. He is just setting up the removal of all things Port Power as he only has 1 or 2 years left.

Don't you remember Chad referring to them as Port Power after he retired and said some damming things as well.

He knows the removal will offend some Port Power supporters as he isn't branded wqith that dribble anymore. His cell number has been removed.
Lol - classic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on

On numerous occasions over the years both Cornes boys have been on radio and been asked about how they feel playing for the club given who their father is. They have had plenty of opportunities to say how much they love the club. The times I've heard them they have avoided taking that opportunity every time, instead talking about how much they love the guys they play with and how grateful they are to the club for giving them an opportunity to play AFL etc. Never that they love the club

Now their multiple B&F winner has his only premiership tatt removed because the wording's a bit fuzzy. I respect Kane so this isn't a dig at him, I just think it's the funniest thing I've read all year

That all seems a little bit fanciful -

They've both played at Port for how many years? 10 - 12 years? The whole time just getting through cos they 'love playing with the boys' but secretly hate the club and never bothered to ask for a trade?

Just seems a bit weird -

They've both played at Port for how many years? 10 - 12 years? The whole time just getting through cos they 'love playing with the boys' but secretly hate the club and never bothered to ask for a trade?

Just seems a bit weird -
Basically seems weird because it's bullshit :thumbsu:

Just seems a bit weird -
You would have to be a complete pleb to believe that. You would also have to be a complete pleb to be offended that one of your players got a tattoo removed.

You would have to be a complete pleb to believe that. You would also have to be a complete pleb to be offended that one of your players got a tattoo removed.
You'd also have to be a complete pleb to believe that alex_is_on_fire was actually being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back