2014 Non Eagles Discussions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on, I thought that was Pearce? You've got me confused now! :confused:

He brought Dawson with him. Picked up Pearce & Sylvia. Its scary how StKilda looking this is. "Must bring someone in...must bring someone in".
All the while getting Pav out there with a zimmer frame as the key forward.

Edit: forgot Gumbleton as well

Yeah, i think Ross has already semi burnt that bridge.

Clark played his part initially by shafting them a few years ago.

Yeah thats true but it is an unprofessional person who lets petty problems get in the way of a dire need. They need a key forward..."but he wouldn't wait around while we tried to screw the club he was coming from over before so nah-uh"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never barracked for a non-eagles team as hard as I did tonight with port.

Fantastic win. I am sure that Ross' game plan was to bore port to death in the first half, then maintain the boredom in the second half with 3 I50's in the remaking two quarters.

So effing happy now. I hope that #straightsets is trending is ass off right now.

Some of the posts on the Freo board, I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Came across this gem (one of many) from a Cats fan:

It's incredible how s**t your club is. Just constant failure.
At least our window shut with 3 flags earned. What are you guys going to do now? With any luck you won't quite be as bad as the Saints, but I'm sure Rossco will be off to greener pastures soon enough.

I mean, even when we finally start to decline and end up in the embarrassing situation of a straight sets exit, it only takes 24 hours for your joke of a club to outdo us. Amazing. Never change.

and this one from our own 94_Eagles

Excuse me, I'm just going to watch my Premiers triple pack back to back to back

BRB

Some quick points on the game.
Gave Pav 0% chance of kicking that goal in the last quarter with the pressure on. Sums up his career
Was Chris Maynes season the worst in the history of forwards? 13 goals from 22/23 games. You can talk forward pressure all you like but that is ******* dreadful.

I don't think I've ever cheered so hard for Port Adelaide.

* YEAH! Eat s**t Fremantle. Eat. s**t.

trophy-meme-generator-2014-fremantle-dockers-straight-sets-a3c42d.jpg

It's still an achievement. :straining:

And Geelong even beat them to that.

If there was a competition in the AFL for the biggest chokers, they'd come second.

Was at the game, one for the ages.

I could sense/feel the sadness - but there was something else there too. Bitterness. Their supporters will be worse next year.

So quiet in the last, even when they looked like doing something. All the misses in the first half had just killed the crowd's spirit. Only me and a lone Port supporter in my area (I think there was a Hawthorn guy and his wife in there too) in the middle of a silent, purple ocean.

Saw Pav's face live just at the end and I'll never forget it. The moment where he knew it was over and (I think) went off to the bench shortly afterwards? I imagine they would have shown it on TV. It was like a crying face (I would call it a cry face) but with no tears.

Comment of the night that I heard the most times was: "Go Hawthorn next week".

My god Danielle Pierce, haha. Surely their de-listings will be announced on Monday.

I could still taste your invisible tears Pav you ******* tosser muhahahahahaha

*Edit* Please forgive the 4am weirdness of this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back