2014 Non Eagles Discussions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo are still in the top 4 unfortunately, Port didn't win by enough :cry:
They were very lucky to win at all. A dodgy umpiring call played its part.
It is really remarable what Roos has done at Melbourne. He is obviously one hell of a coach ... makes our premiership win over him look even better.
There is another thread all about mindset ... well Roos has certainly changed the demons mindset. 2 thumbs up to him.

Dogs playing some inspired footy. Bontempelli is a ready made star.
Yep, Bontempeli is a beauty. Gee, they have got some good talent now the bulldogs ... so they should with the number of low draft picks tney have had over the years due to being in the lower half of the table for so long. Equalization working!

Yep, Bontempeli is a beauty. Gee, they have got some good talent now the bulldogs ... so they should with the number of low draft picks tney have had over the years due to being in the lower half of the table for so long. Equalization working!

What?

Eagles
2013 - 13th
2012 - 5th
2011 - 4th
__________ Pre expansion v

2010 - 16th
2009 - 11th
2008 - 15th

Bulldogs
2013 - 15th
2012 - 15th
2011 - 10th
__________Post expansion ^
2010 - 4th
2009 - 3rd
2008 - 3rd

What?

Eagles
2013 - 13th
2012 - 5th
2011 - 4th

2010 - 16th
2009 - 11th
2008 - 15th

Bulldogs
2013 - 15th
2012 - 15th
2011 - 10th
2010 - 4th
2009 - 3rd
2008 - 3rd
You've done some very quick research there - impressive. Perception has its own story, I guess. The earlier years stick in the mind, and of course, we dropped down in the draft by going for Sheed. They struck gold with Bontempelli.

What?

Eagles
2013 - 13th
2012 - 5th
2011 - 4th

2010 - 16th
2009 - 11th
2008 - 15th

Bulldogs
2013 - 15th
2012 - 15th
2011 - 10th
2010 - 4th
2009 - 3rd
2008 - 3rd
True, but we should also take into account the impact of expansion on the drafts
That's why we were unlucky (to bottom out in 2010, the worst year to do so) . 2012 for the Bullies wasn't great timing either but at least they could make the most of last year (the first uncompromised draft in years)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we're destined for 12th.

Be very interesting to see how the Dees go against us in Perth. I think it'll be our only win for the rest of the year.

We still play the teams around us in Adelaide/Collingwood/Essendon/GC-GAJ, as well as Richmond and Melbourne. Unlikely, but very much still in our hands.

We're a chance against Adelaide, we're coming off a bye and they are coming off a 6 day break.
I sincerely hope so :) I'm going to the match! Will be my very first at Adelaide Oval
However, neither team are coming off a bye (which actually makes things even better!)
8d vs 6d break :D

This is the draw the teams around us have:

Collingwood- Adelaide (MCG) Port (MCG), Eagles (Subi), Lions (MCG), Giants (SPO), Hawks (MCG) - 2 games
Gold Coast- Brisbane (Gabba), StKilda (MS), Carlton (ES), Port (MS), Essendon (ES), Eagles (MS) - 2 games
Adelaide - Collingwood (MCG), Eagles (AO), Lions (Gabba), Richmond (AO), North (BA), StK (AO) -1 game

We play all 3 + Essendon on the run home so fate is very much in our hands....all we have to do is win every game on our run home :p
-I doubt Collingwood will beat all 3 of Adelaide/Port/Hawks (and we already have a better %....):)- so that would make up the 2 win gap
-I doubt Gold Coast-GAJ will beat both Port and Essendon , and they have a lower % than any of the other teams vying for 8th anyway
-I'm glad Adelaide are only 1 game ahead of us as they have the easiest draw (and have a slightly better % than us). It would help if they drop one of Collingwood/North , but even if they don't, I think we can make up the small % difference.

True, but we should also take into account the impact of expansion on the drafts
That's why we were unlucky (to bottom out in 2010, the worst year to do so) . 2012 for the Bullies wasn't great timing either but at least they could make the most of last year (the first uncompromised draft in years)

2009 hurt us more than the compromised 2010 draft which we more or less nailed with lesser picks. Did 2010 hurt us more than 2011 and 12 hurt them? We'll call it equal in that regard.

Getting in good drafts in 2006, 2008 and 2010 has kept us out in front of a few of the poorer sides, but for how long?

Really? People are still thinking finals? I'm impressed.

Mathematically speaking we can finish as high as fifth or as low as fifteenth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back