2014 Non Eagles Discussions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's pretty rough that so many supporters don't want to see their team win. You want draft picks but for what? So that we can develop and then win games? That means that you all want West Coast to lose games so that they can win games. Plenty of sides win premierships without an abundance of high draft picks and plenty of sides are shocking with a plethora of first rounders. I for one could never watch a West Coast game and hope that they lose, but that's just my opinion.

From i distance i'm just apathetic towards short term performance of the team, especially late in the season when it's obvious we can't meaningfully impact on the finals. Not that i want to lose, rather i'm realistic about our chances of winning and building something for the future at the same time.

In saying that every player and official at the club needs to be fully dedicated to winning every game they play, because the moment you drop the ball and accept losing in a professional competition is the moment you turn into a basket case.

Eagle-hating Fremantle flog Les Everett written a book Fremantle Dockers: An Illustrated History which was released today. Its all part of the Purplescum's 20 year 'celebration'. I'm guessing there's 9 or 10 chapters devoted to the 'demolition derby' but a blank page for 'honours and awards'. Amusingly, according to Perthnow Mark Harvey refused to be interviewed for the book. So not only is it 270 odd pages devoted to failure it doesn't even include input from a former senior coach.

I give it 3 weeks before it hits the bargain bins.

Eagle-hating Fremantle flog Les Everett written a book Fremantle Dockers: An Illustrated History which was released today. Its all part of the Purplescum's 20 year 'celebration'. I'm guessing there's 9 or 10 chapters devoted to the 'demolition derby' but a blank page for 'honours and awards'. Amusingly, according to Perthnow Mark Harvey refused to be interviewed for the book. So not only is it 270 odd pages devoted to failure it doesn't even include input from a former senior coach.

:thumbsu:

What section of Dymocks do you reckon it'll be in? Comedy? Maybe the how to (run an unsuccessful football club) section?

Would really like to read the bit about giving up the draft picks that landed Hawthorn Sam Mitchell and Hodge, while only keeping Croad for two seasons.

Last edited:
:thumbsu:

What section of Dymocks do you reckon it'll be in? Comedy? Maybe the how to (run an unsuccessful football club) section?

Would really like to read the bit about giving up the draft picks that landed Hawthorn Sam Mitchell and Hodge, while only keeping Croad for two seasons.
Most probably in the "Books for Dummies" section.

Love this little gem from Chris Connelly, he organised bon fire at Rick Harts Farm (ExPresident)
Players where allowed to drink and tell home truths, Paul Medhurst's phone ringing during the season was one complaint,from a fellow team mate. LOL. Over the course of the night home truths where told and players who hated each other shook hands.
The following week after this ground breaking meeting, the players felt the simpler game plan - which put an emphasis on attacking through the middle - was working...Fremantle lost to Sydney by 33 points. LOL...They went on to play finals in 2006. That story is true and the best story EVER...WTF:drunk:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this little gem from a Chris Connelly organised bon fire at Rick Harts Farm (ExPresident)
Players where allowed to drink and tell home truths, Paul Medhurst's phone ringing during the season was one complaint,from a fellow team mate. LOL. Over the course of the night home truths where told and players who hated each other shook hands.
The following week after this ground breaking meeting, the players felt the simpler game plan - which put an emphasis on attacking through the middle - was working...Fremantle lost to Sydney by 33 points. LOL...They went on to play finals in 2006. That story is true and the best story EVER...WTF:drunk:
You need to read more stories

Love this little gem from Chris Connelly, he organised bon fire at Rick Harts Farm (ExPresident)
Shaun McManus and Pavlich were reliving this on Nova this morning, saying it was the best period of time ever at the club. Nat piped up with "You must have loved it when the Eagles won the premiership that year then?"

To which they said the "Eagles could not best us, the only team that could beat us was Sydney and they just got over us in the prelim. "

From memory Sydney "just" beat them by 30+ points! and failing to mention that Adelaide had also beaten them by a similar margin two weeks before that. I love how time changes history!

From memory Sydney "just" beat them by 30+ points! and failing to mention that Adelaide had also beaten them by a similar margin two weeks before that. I love how time changes history!

The important things stay the same.

eagles2.jpg

Shaun McManus and Pavlich were reliving this on Nova this morning, saying it was the best period of time ever at the club. Nat piped up with "You must have loved it when the Eagles won the premiership that year then?"

To which they said the "Eagles could not best us, the only team that could beat us was Sydney and they just got over us in the prelim. "

Ahh Freo. Yes I remember that time. If only they could have played us in the Qualifying...us in the Prelim and then us again in the Grand...they would have been premiers for sure that year :drunk:

I have a 2013 Signed West Coast Eagles Framed jersey that was donated to me to use to raise money for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. All proceeds from the sale go directly to the charity. send me a message if your interested in this jersey to 0412883346.
Thanks

Attachments

• WC.jpg
    WC.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 5
Funny thing is, that year I had a few Freo supporters I knew that would tell me the same thing. "You couldn't beat us all year" Yeah but we went on to win the only game that matters I would reply "who cares we still beat you twice":drunk: I couldn't believe that they could be so stupid, or so happy to just suck in general but still beat the Eagles so all is well. I guess the supporters got it straight from the players of that era. We all knew they treated derbies as grand finals, Peter Bell admitted it, and now Pavlova has too. What a sad sad club full of failure and dissapointment!

We could beat Brisbane when they were 3 peating but the only thing that means is that you are building in the right direction but we all know how their build went after being able to beat the premiers twice during the year.

Funny thing is, that year I had a few Freo supporters I knew that would tell me the same thing. "You couldn't beat us all year" Yeah but we went on to win the only game that matters I would reply "who cares we still beat you twice":drunk: I couldn't believe that they could be so stupid, or so happy to just suck in general but still beat the Eagles so all is well. I guess the supporters got it straight from the players of that era. We all knew they treated derbies as grand finals, Peter Bell admitted it, and now Pavlova has too. What a sad sad club full of failure and dissapointment!

Ihave no doubt if we had have played freo in the finals we'd have absolutely pumped them us Adelaide and sydney were on a different level in that final series.
I remember them saying that they should have won the GF that year but we threw the first final against sydney so we didn't play them

Yeah as The Dodger said, counter it with: We beat Brisbane in all home and away matches in 03-04 and they made the Grand Final both years, does that mean we would have defeated them in the Finals as well if we met?

Even i'm not delusional to think home and away form carries over to finals as they are a different kettle of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back