2014 Non Eagles Discussions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaun McManus and Pavlich were reliving this on Nova this morning, saying it was the best period of time ever at the club. Nat piped up with "You must have loved it when the Eagles won the premiership that year then?"

To which they said the "Eagles could not best us, the only team that could beat us was Sydney and they just got over us in the prelim. "

From memory Sydney "just" beat them by 30+ points! and failing to mention that Adelaide had also beaten them by a similar margin two weeks before that. I love how time changes history!
Love their fans:

"We would have won the premiership if we made the GF against the Eagles"

Umm no you would have gotten splattered!

Yeah as The Dodger said, counter it with: We beat Brisbane in all home and away matches in 03-04 and they made the Grand Final both years, does that mean we would have defeated them in the Finals as well if we met?

Even i'm not delusional to think home and away form carries over to finals as they are a different kettle of fish.

Could play this game all day but my favorite would be 2012 Richmond. Beat both Sydney and Hawthorn at the MCG

Only Freo could spin 20 years of failure and embarssing WA footy as something to celebrate....sheesh

Last edited:

I wonder if Simpson wishes he was back at the Hawks

I wonder if Simpson wishes he was back at the Hawks

LOL. Really. 2nd fiddle to another coach. He's already tasted 2nd fiddle success there - but nothing more. For some the challenge and the hot seat mean a whole lot more. Back when we won our last premiership the Hawks where nothing and had gone through a big bloodlet. We need to do this and if the powers that be are smart they will let it happen. Simmo has the chance to take this club somewhere and that would be a hell of a lot more satisfying than simply playing second fiddle again to another coach.

You don't gain anything in life by playing it safe all the time.

LOL. Really. 2nd fiddle to another coach. He's already tasted 2nd fiddle success there - but nothing more. For some the challenge and the hot seat mean a whole lot more. Back when we won our last premiership the Hawks where nothing and had gone through a big bloodlet. We need to do this and if the powers that be are smart they will let it happen. Simmo has the chance to take this club somewhere and that would be a hell of a lot more satisfying than simply playing second fiddle again to another coach.

You don't gain anything in life by playing it safe all the time.
Yeah I wasn't really being serious. He might have been a chance to take over from Clarkson though, eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great result for us, finals in sight now.
Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back