2014 Non Eagles Discussions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike ours, Freo's players have tended to keep performing after they hit 30.

How many of our premiership side were already retired before they were 30-31?

Unlike ours, Freo's players have tended to keep performing after they hit 30.

How many of our premiership side were already retired before they were 30-31?

Dean Cox and Glass played some of their best footy in 2011-2012 and parts of 2013 when they were 30+. Even embers in 2011 was playing some quality football.

Dean Cox and Glass played some of their best footy in 2011-2012 and parts of 2013 when they were 30+. Even embers in 2011 was playing some quality football.
Cox and Glass were still 29 a couple of months into the 2011 season, but I get your point. Still think they dropped away quicker than a lot of champion players do (including those from non-Victorian sides).

Guys like Selwood (now 30), Fletcher (now 34) and Stenglein (now 34) were already shadows of themselves before they were old enough to excuse it.

Braun and Stinger retired at 30. Hunter is now 33, but was knackered at age 27.

Rowan Jones is the same age as Adam Goodes (and also deserved Australian of the Year, for what it's worth).

I'm all for turning over deadwood, but compared to some premiership sides, that seems like an excessive decay

Cox and Glass were still 29 a couple of months into the 2011 season, but I get your point. Still think they dropped away quicker than a lot of champion players do (including those from non-Victorian sides).

Guys like Selwood (now 30), Fletcher (now 34) and Stenglein (now 34) were already shadows of themselves before they were old enough to excuse it.

Braun and Stinger retired at 30. Hunter is now 33, but was knackered at age 27.

Rowan Jones is the same age as Adam Goodes (and also deserved Australian of the Year, for what it's worth).

I'm all for turning over deadwood, but compared to some premiership sides, that seems like an excessive decay
Eventually you think they would want to spend all their extra cash on a chartered jet for travelling. Can give them more space, run the cabin pressures higher. Has to beat flying Virgin over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the Conca report, what a gutless prick. I use the term gutless loosely here as he seems to have a pretty big one for an AFL player.

Haha him and Cameron Ling look like they're on the same conditioning program.

On another note, Lindsey Thomas takes more dives than the Royal Australian Navy

Just saw the Conca report, what a gutless prick. I use the term gutless loosely here as he seems to have a pretty big one for an AFL player.

Seems to be the culture at Ninthmond, bunch of dog campaigners.

iGm01JlzGuSdn.gif

Last edited:
What the hell went through his head? In what world can you think that that's at all acceptable.

Do we go nearest the pin with this one? Has to be 3+ doesn't it?

I'm not a good judge when it comes to all this and I can't really be bothered learning all the points and such.
But if it was me I would give him 7 weeks just for being a gutless campaigner.
Ok maybe I am being a bit harsh, but that was a massive brain fade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back