2014 non Freo games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Sydney definitely being playing their final at the Olympic stadium? I can see it being held at the SCG if it's against either us or Port.

You know, the same "smaller crowd" apocryphal argument they used to shunt us over to Geelong.
Nope. The AFL have a deal with Stadium Australia to play all finals there, unless the venue is unavailable. It's meant that there have been some shockingly low turnouts for finals - only 19,000 came to see the Swans play North in 2008.

Will Sydney definitely being playing their final at the Olympic stadium? I can see it being held at the SCG if it's against either us or Port.

You know, the same "smaller crowd" apocryphal argument they used to shunt us over to Geelong.
Yes it will be at ANZ, the AFL has already stated this. Sydney want the SCG but they aren't going to get it.

Nope. The AFL have a deal with Stadium Australia to play all finals there, unless the venue is unavailable. It's meant that there have been some shockingly low turnouts for finals - only 19,000 came to see the Swans play North in 2008.
It's unlike the AFL to lock itself into contracts that are unfavourable for teams or supporters...

It's unlike the AFL to lock itself into contracts that are unfavourable for teams or supporters...
In Sydney's case, too bad.

I would love it if less than 40,000 rocked up because it was at Homebush and they were playing Freo, would make the AFL's spurious claims on growing the game as justification for tilting the competition in the Swans' favour look pretty silly.

But they'll spam the s**t out TV and newspapers for it.

In Sydney's case, too bad.

I would love it if less than 40,000 rocked up because it was at Homebush and they were playing Freo, would make the AFL's spurious claims on growing the game as justification for tilting the competition in the Swans' favour look pretty silly.

But they'll spam the s**t out TV and newspapers for it.

Even better if the Swans go out in straight sets.

Swans v Bombers 1987 the Chooseday match tonight. Bird allowed to ruck in several ruck contests with blood dripping from his nose and Dr Edelstens cheergirls behind the goals. Think this was the match where Sydney scored over 200 points and won by over 150 I think.

Better than minimal.
Fremantle will be their greatest obstacle to winning the whole thing; for a start I am confident we can beat them in a QF in Sydney.
After that, anything could happen.
Sydney are not going out in straight sets.

holy diverAustraliant: 34695420 said:
Jeeezz.. Bartel took a dive worthy of European Soccer tonight.. tsk. tsk.
WnK2E.gif

Disappointing from a West Australian.:thumbsdown:

He ain'''t West Australian

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Geelong fans want to lower their colours any more? Outraged a few weeks ago when Thomas took a dive against them (and rightly so, it was disgusting) yet now that the shoe is on the other foot with Bartel suddenly the victim complex kicks in.

I'd be very disappointing if a Freo player not only took a dive like that but then actually went to the media to defend it, man up Jimmy.

Cam Mcarthy to make his Debut for GWS this week. Will watch that with interest
Yeah I'm thinking of heading to that game to take a looksie - come to Melbourne for the day & join me :)

So tonight's game is the Pies VFL side v Hawks managed side. I tipped Hawks to win by 108, but with Hodge out I think I may have overdone it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back