2014 non Freo games

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no faith in what we have got.
The point was that sydney had gotten better, my point was that yes they had gotten better... By securing two good tall forwards for no draft damage, one just happened to be the best in the game.

We would need to pull Chad Wingard across as a delisted free agent to compare ourselves to Sydney.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
The point was that sydney had gotten better, my point was that yes they had gotten better... By securing two good tall forwards for no draft damage, one just happened to be the best in the game.

We would need to pull Chad Wingard across as a delisted free agent to compare ourselves to Sydney.

So your'e saying we will stagnate and cant improve
Whats the purpose in following a footy side if you think they cant improve.
Hawthorn lost the best so called forward in the game and still came up with the chocolates.

So your'e saying we will stagnate and cant improve
Whats the purpose in following a footy side if you think they cant improve.
Hawthorn lost the best so called forward in the game and still came up with the chocolates.

To compare ourselves to Sydney.

We have a lot of scope for improvement. An extra month of football out of Fyfe and a half season from Walters for two.

Don't put words in my my mouth.

Easily.

Would you rather take Dayne Beams? Or a raw kid who may develop to one day be as good as Dayne Beams if you're lucky.
I don't think either Collingwood or Brisbane are in a flag window to justify choosing the established player over the potential better player.

For us we would rather a guy ready to go, I don't really see the value in Beams for Brisbane unless they think they will be top four in three years.

UFO Tatsu

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 11, 2012
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think either Collingwood or Brisbane are in a flag window to justify choosing the established player over the potential better player.

For us we would rather a guy ready to go, I don't really see the value in Beams for Brisbane unless they think they will be top four in three years.

well he is only 24 yo and would fit very nicely while their other young players develop

well he is only 24 yo and would fit very nicely while their other young players develop

I agree but Brisbane don't need him to complete their puzzle, Collingwood seem to want Brisbane to pay like he is that missing player to get them a flag, which he isn't at this stage of their development.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
I agree but Brisbane don't need him to complete their puzzle, Collingwood seem to want Brisbane to pay like he is that missing player to get them a flag, which he isn't at this stage of their development.
Collingwood are well within their right to demand what they think Beams is worth. How many votes did he poll in the Brownlow this year? This is on a team that has Pendlebury and Swan amongst others. It has absolutely nothing to do with what Beams means to Brisbane, Collingwood shouldn't get less because Brisbane aren't one player away from a flag.

Collingwood are well within their right to demand what they think Beams is worth. How many votes did he poll in the Brownlow this year? This is on a team that has Pendlebury and Swan amongst others. It has absolutely nothing to do with what Beams means to Brisbane, Collingwood shouldn't get less because Brisbane aren't one player away from a flag.

I'm not saying they shouldn't ask what they like, I'm saying Brisbane has a great chance to pay way more than they should here and stuff up their rebuild.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Personally I think Collingwood & Brisbane should do a player for player swap. Beams is a good midfielder. Brisbane have a few upcoming good midfielders. Leave pick 4 off the table and swap Beams for someone like a Rockliff, Hanley or Aish.

Yep, not a bad call. Rockliff and Hanley wouldn't go anywhere though I reckon.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Anyone else watching the Oakland v Kansas City game on ESPN now? 2 teams with the lowest payrolls in the league, and KC playing it's first postseason in many fans lifetime. Bloody fascinating, and I don't really follow the game much.

Into the 12th inning now.

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
Anyone else watching the Oakland v Kansas City game on ESPN now? 2 teams with the lowest payrolls in the league, and KC playing it's first postseason in many fans lifetime. Bloody fascinating, and I don't really follow the game much.

Into the 12th inning now.
Baseball is a great experience live, but on tv its just so boring. I cannot watch a baseball game on TV.

Baseball is a great experience live, but on tv its just so boring. I cannot watch a baseball game on TV.
Agreed.

The only game that was interesting to watch on tv was a little league world cup match, the final score was combined for about 60 home runs.

Numbers may be inaccurate due to the alcohol and fatigue from being in an airport.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder

Most of the time i'd agree, but when there's a subtext to any sporting match that's a lot more than the game itself, then that really intrigues me.

Last strike in the 12th innings got it done for KC. Oakland blew a 4 run lead in the 8th.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think seeing as Patful wants to leave Brisbane, they should look at something along the lines of..

Collingwood get: Pick 4, Patful
Brisbane get: Beams, 2nd/3rd rounder.

Patful would fit into the backline well down there with the likes of Lamumba, Maxwell etc. leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back