2014 non Freo games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody Freagles.

Natanui is overrated, just as Clarke is underrated.
Natanui occasionally does wonderful things, maybe four times a season over the last two years.
At Eagles homes games, the roar that goes up when NicNat goes near the ball, and almost does something, is embarrassing.
To compare NicNat to Fyfe should be a cardable offence. Fyfe does the amazing many times more often.

Clarke didn't do much in the second half of the season, but was of greater value than NicNat in the first half. If he had a devoted crowd roaring when he went near the ball, it would look just like NicNat without the dreads.

Yes, I know the ceiling is very high for NicNat, but he's been stuck on the ground floor for a few years. And I enjoyed watching him playing for the Swannies a few years ago.
But that draft is like the Wizard of Oz: NicNat has no brain and Jack Watts has no heart. I don't know who Dorothy and the Lion are, but Ballantyne is definitely Toto.

Hate to say it...but Zac Clarke as the lion. Lack of courage and also has the hairy mane to boot.

BREAKING
The AFL have blocked Essendon's proposal to release Patrick Ryder from his contract in order to make him a free agent.

The AFL today has blocked a plan that would have had:

ESSENDON rip up Ryder’s contract — that still has two years to run — and reclassify him as a free agent

ESSENDON gain a first-round compensation pick (No. 21) for losing Ryder as a “free agent”.

PORT ADELAIDE gain Ryder and hand over its first-round draft pick (No. 17) to the Bombers in return for two late-order draft picks.

ESSENDON finish up with draft picks 17, 20 and 21.

Like · Comment

I can't see Geelong being a threat next year. Their era is over.

can you believe this:eek:

Breaking News: Western Bulldogs midfielder Ryan Griffen has requested a trade to the GIANTS. A statement from the GIANTS to come shortly.

10:58 AM - 9 Oct 2014

I was feeling sorry for their supporters, then I realised I don't actually know any..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Western Bulldogs position is that Ryan Griffen is a contracted player and he will be required to fulfil his contract in 2015.

LGiants will be offering Pick 4 and Pick 7 (If the Carlton Trade is successful) for Bulldogs captain Ryan Griffen according to Damian Barrett.

I think the Dogs are being silly about this. I know there's sticking to your principles etc. But if Griffen has seriously and explicitly requested a trade, and GWS are willing to give those picks to them, given the odds of them losing him this time next year anyway, I think they should take the deal.

I know they will get good compo next year, especially the way the AFL are operating at the moment, but it wont be as good as those two picks and, further, it takes those picks off a rival. Should push hard, but take the deal I reckon.

Dogs should go for it. Could be like Croad deal was for Hawthorn.

I think the Dogs are being silly about this. I know there's sticking to your principles etc. But if Griffen has seriously and explicitly requested a trade, and GWS are willing to give those picks to them, given the odds of them losing him this time next year anyway, I think they should take the deal.

I know they will get good compo next year, especially the way the AFL are operating at the moment, but it wont be as good as those two picks and, further, it takes those picks off a rival. Should push hard, but take the deal I reckon.
Yeah same applies to Collingwood they won't get pick 5 for Beams next year if he walks. i would take the deal as well for Griffen, because unlike Beams he will be a free agent and he will get nothing like what GWS are offering.

jackie-chan-1855694.jpg

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane
Follow
AFL also advised GWS that due to its TPP position, list structure,contractual commitments, it retains COLA for 2015/16 with no restrictions.

2:57 PM - 9 Oct 2014

I don't have a problem with that, they haven't been in the competition since 1982 like Sydney have.

South Melbourne Football Clubwas relocated to Sydney in 1982. Sydney was the first club in the competition to be based outside Victoria. The Swans play most home games at the Sydney Cricket Ground, while local derbies and larger games against teams such as Collingwood are played at ANZ Stadium.

Since 1995, the Sydney Swans have made the finals more years than any other club in the same period[citation needed], only missing the finals in 2000, 2002 and 2009.

WB should bite GWS's hands off if they can give them pick 4 and 7 for a 28yo Griffen, who for all intensive purposes is doing nothing except holding the fort whilst their <22 yo's are maturing, in return for another 2 potentially elite mids or mix of tall and mid to go with their other youngsters. Its the best of a ordinary situation.

Happens in the NBA all the time.. as a team you have to realise your not good enough / not going to be immediately good enough to entice your star players to stick around, so trade them before they leave for nothing a year later. Its not like they didnt get anything out of his career, he was an integral part of their prelim pushes and got 10 years service out of him.

If Tom Lonergan accepts the Western Bulldogs reported offer of $500'000 a season over 3 years the Bulldogs will offer Pick 27 to Geelong for the Key Defender according to the Herald Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back