Not open for further replies.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bruce Reid has a better Test batting average than all of us.:p

That's what I loved about indoor cricket. It was a night out with your mates, on the piss, with a bit of cricket thrown in.We used to punch down a heap of cones before we played. Helped us get in the " zone ".
Indeed. We used to play at the old Balcatta centre. Most of our team were the same. Good athletes who dropped out of serious organised sport but could just tolerate the discipline required to turn up once a week, get toasted and play hard for an hour. I remember going body surfing at night down at City Beach most weeks after the game.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Indeed. We used to play at the old Balcatta centre. Most of our team were the same. Good athletes who dropped out of serious organised sport but could just tolerate the discipline required to turn up once a week, get toasted and play hard for an hour. I remember going body surfing at night down at City Beach most weeks after the game.

The common folk hate your type, just quietly. ;)

Remember a former AFL and WAFL ruckman proving immovable at the net in beach volleyball a few years ago, would literally have had more success against a wall.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
The common folk hate your type, just quietly. ;)

Remember a former AFL and WAFL ruckman proving immovable at the net in beach volleyball a few years ago, would literally have had more success against a wall.
Don't worry, we punish ourselves enough wondering what might have been if we'd kept it up. I have a good friend who is very similar to me in a lot of ways (we met at one of those meetings where people go to talk about how they don't do drugs anymore). He's a really talented musician but prioritised sport and played in a WAFL Grand Final winning team. He's jealous of me because I spent those years playing in Rock & Roll bands while I wonder what would have happened if I'd gone with sport.
But we only get to live it once.

There was one guy in my indoor cricket team who could do everything. He bowled brilliant leggies but could go back a few steps and bowl medium swingers and occasionally a few more steps and bowl genuine quicks. He was the best wicket keeper I've ever played with and took scorching one handers in slip. Then he would smash it around with the bat. Bastard was one of the best drummers I've ever worked with too. He could have been anything but likes living down south, surfing, building, smoking a bit of weed.

Freo_4eva

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont, San Antonio, ND Irish
Forgot it was a bloody day game over there and missed the whole thing. At least we won anyway.
Same... only saw the last 8 overs of the game. The scorchers death bowling is ridiculously better than all the other teams + still having the best T20 spinner @ age 43 or whatever Hogg is

Making 150 is like any other team making 180-190

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I find Marsh horribly over-rated. He can be brilliant but he seems to bomb out more often than he comes off.
Not sure about that he averages 41 with a sr of 130... Usually bats sensibly at the start and then picks a mark in the bowling to really hammer when his eye is in, one of the best in the business.

Not sure about that he averages 41 with a sr of 130... Usually bats sensibly at the start and then picks a mark in the bowling to really hammer when his eye is in, one of the best in the business.

Can we afford to have both he and Carberry doing that though? It could click and we will score 4 runs an over for the first 10, then finish on 200 or it could fall on it's face with two guys facing 25 balls each for 30 runs total.

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
I find Marsh horribly over-rated. He can be brilliant but he seems to bomb out more often than he comes off.

That's T20 batsman in a nutshell though. Even your Finchs and your Warners fail more often than they come off. Marsh's T20 record and performances are unparalleled among Australian batsmen. The format suits him to a tee (whereas first class and test cricket does not IMO).

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Can we afford to have both he and Carberry doing that though? It could click and we will score 4 runs an over for the first 10, then finish on 200 or it could fall on it's face with two guys facing 25 balls each for 30 runs total.
Maybe not if they were both opening together, but Carberry is down at now 4 iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back