2014 non Freo games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geelong winning helps us right, since we still are yet to play them? I tipped the hawks and thought they would win quite well, but yay cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I enjoyed that Hawks/Geelong game. The swooning over Rioli despite the fact that he did sweet FA is bloody annoying, but I'm used to it now. I now he can break games open in a flurry of skill and creativity, but he really is over-rated as a complete footballer. I reckon I could pick two teams of players that wouldn't have him in it.*

Anyway, as annoying as this weekend has been in some ways, that Cats win makes it 8 out of 9 for my tipping (yes I didn't tip us to win in Sydney, I knew Sydney would lift and had them as slight favourites despite the official odds etc.), so that's not too bad given the only one I got wrong was the Dons upset.

* OK, maybe slight overstatement, might have to think that one through first :).

Geelong had 15 goals from 53 inside 50s (28%). Against Sydney we had 9 goals from from 48 (18%). In the GF we kicked 8 goals from 44 i50s (18%). Hawthorn had 45 (just one more than us) but kicked 3 more goals (25%).

That's why we can't beat Hawthorn.

For a top 4 side our forward structure is very bad. We rely on smashing the opponent at contested ball to win. In a relatively even game (like vs Sydney on the weekend), we regularly lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back