Not open for further replies.

Hot Tin Roof

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
i find it a bit weird when ppl call western bulldogs ''footscray'' considering i only started following footy in 05 and growing up in tas i wasnt exposed to the actual suburb.

i dont know why i felt i needed to share that.:)o_O
You write well for a 8-9yo :p

i find it a bit weird when ppl call western bulldogs ''footscray'' considering i only started following footy in 05 and growing up in tas i wasnt exposed to the actual suburb.

i dont know why i felt i needed to share that.:)o_O
So this moment didn't mean much to you at the time?

So this moment didn't mean much to you at the time?

Lucky bastard :(
I've never been as angry after a match of footy than that night!
*wanders off to punch couch.

Lucky bastard :(
I've never been as angry after a match of footy than that night!
*wanders off to punch couch.

2013 Qualifying Final for me.
Was EXTREMELY angry and even after bad loses (inc. Grand Finals) I'm usually just upset/sad/frustrated but never angry.
I was that night, luckily when leaving the ground no freo supporters tried to give me s**t :D

See I knew we were out of that match not long after half time so whilst disappointing in the extreme at least I could mentally prepare myself. Plus having a next week helps.

2013 Qualifying Final for me.
Was EXTREMELY angry and even after bad loses (inc. Grand Finals) I'm usually just upset/sad/frustrated but never angry.
I was that night, luckily when leaving the ground no freo supporters tried to give me s**t :D
If Ross Lyon could design a ground to suit his style of play it would be Kardinia Park.I wasn't surprised at the result.

If Ross Lyon could design a ground to suit his style of play it would be Kardinia Park.I wasn't surprised at the result.

Don't care, it is OUR home ground.
We shouldn't have rested Hawkins and even if they did playing Walker was the wrong decision (West in, Vardy forward).
We beat them easily down there earlier in the year.
Everything was setup for the Cats, final at home, easy prelim against a beaten up Swans then finally meeting our nemesis in the GF.
We got a free in front of goal before the ball had even been bounced.
Crowd was nuts and the atmosphere was palpable.
Then we get to a quickish lead.

And blow it.

Home and away losses sometimes get to me pretty badly. Couldn't stand the way we lost to Brisbane or the Crows last season
Agree on the Brissy one.

Was pretty pissed after that match.

But the Final against Freo at the Cattery pissed me off more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the Brisbane game was a shocker. I remember myself, my brother and my old man were going absolutely ballistic in the living room. Just after the siren went dinner was served and the three of us sat the table like a bunch of miserable sad-sacks not saying a word, while all our guests were awkwardly quiet. You could cut the tension with a knife.

Fun night.

Agree on the Brissy one.

Was pretty pissed after that match.

But the Final against Freo at the Cattery pissed me off more.

Try being @ the game :mad:

I have seen the Cats fall over to many times @ the Gabba why?????

It has something to do with between the ears!

Try being @ the game :mad:

I have seen the Cats fall over to many times @ the Gabba why?????

It has something to do with between the ears!

That bloody McGrath always cuts us up. If he's not kicking them, he's up the field causing us headaches and getting involved in their scoring involvements. He's been around for so bloody long but he's very much been their barometer in recent seasons.

That bloody McGrath always cuts us up. If he's not kicking them, he's up the field causing us headaches and getting involved in their scoring involvements. He's been around for so bloody long but he's very much been their barometer in recent seasons.

Aker always seemed to kick great goals & save some of his best for us as well!

Aker was just great. Many opposition if not all would say about Aker what you said.

Yeah he could play! Was a goose but could play.

I remember one game at the Gabba when he kicked an amazing goal near the boundry, i thought i was pure luck with him repeating it by doing it again the same game, probably an even better goal than the first!

My conclusion was it was no fluke, it was skill.

Yeah he could play! Was a goose but could play.

I remember one game at the Gabba when he kicked an amazing goal near the boundry, i thought i was pure luck with him repeating it by doing it again the same game, probably an even better goal than the first!

My conclusion was it was no fluke, it was skill.
I was there that day,opposite end to where I was,pure Akermagic.As a side note he pulled on the boots for a couple of games at Bribie Island this year.

I was there that day,opposite end to where I was,pure Akermagic.As a side note he pulled on the boots for a couple of games at Bribie Island this year.

Yeah was also @ the game to witness it :(

Have played a lot of footy against Bribie over the years!

Akermanis is little underrated today isn't he?
Brownlow medalist, 2 x B&F winner, 4 x All-Australian, not listed on the web page but didn't he also get the norm smith medal in 2003?

It's a shame but most players usually play for too long when their form declines to the point of a forced retirement.
He wasn't the same player at the Bulldogs even though he still kicked plenty of goals, just didn't have the same swagger and breath taking speed imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back