Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to give Hawthorn some credit, they managed to keep him out of the news most of the time, even though there were lots of rumours swirling around about him over the years.
When a guy lets it known he slotted 100 in a season, (not goals) it's pretty much time to get over him.
Swans are going to be in trouble.
Not in 3 years, in 5.

Ken Newland is on SEN right now guys.
For those that remember him.

That's what I thought, but often heard hints about a habit too, tho nothing more than rumour.....
Well I always thought it meant ladies

There was always talk that he was one of the players on 2 strikes as well, not helped by the fact the Hawks were the club to seek the injunction to stop the media releasing the names.

I always have had the theory he has tested positive 3 times, but he is too big a name to punish. The AFL are happy to whack a low player to be seen as taking a hard stand, they don't want to do it to one of their marque ones

There was always talk that he was one of the players on 2 strikes as well, not helped by the fact the Hawks were the club to seek the injunction to stop the media releasing the names.

I always have had the theory he has tested positive 3 times, but he is too big a name to punish. The AFL are happy to whack a low player to be seen as taking a hard stand, they don't want to do it to one of their marque ones

That's all pretty much what I've read 'between the lines' of obscure comments and allegations I've seen and heard over time, although I've never seen it said outright......

Wasn't there a rumour a few years back that his 6 week or so absence due to a hamstring injury was actually a drug related suspension?

Ken Newland is on SEN right now guys.
For those that remember him.

I do……One of the best #3's we have had.....he was a fine player….do they still have his "screamer" up in the club?

Boy….what a mark that was!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I find amusing is that after the last time (or was it the time before that) that he crashed his car in Melbourne, he claimed that the media attention around it was too much, hence his decision to move to Sydney. Does he think the Sydney gutter press is going to just ignore this??

you pick one said:
Mowing the lawns yesterday,when the new neighbours across the road turned up with the first of their furniture,I was sure he was wearing an old style piss and poo training type top,my heart sank,I'm stuck living with one of these pricks on my door step, how f---ing unlucky what am I going to do?maybe if the Hawks collapse in a year or two it won't be so bad I thought, no he'll forever be on about 89-08,I pushed the mower down the nature strip in his direction and there it was a faded Broncos jersey happy days.

Wizz over there with half a dozen tinnies (2009 premiership preferably) and introduce him to the Geelong Football Club way.

Just heard on the FS tonight that Jesse Hogan is in serious doubt of ever returning to footy, after having being diagnosed with stress fractures in his back, which are not responding to the treatment in his rehab program.

Poor young fella. That's terrible news if it eventuates. I hope that something is able to be done- apparently he's having a meeting next week with all the parties involved in his case. Let's hope they can nut out a solution because a player with his apparent talent really deserves to get a shot at the big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back