Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on the FS tonight that Jesse Hogan is in serious doubt of ever returning to footy, after having being diagnosed with stress fractures in his back, which are not responding to the treatment in his rehab program.

Poor young fella. That's terrible news if it eventuates. I hope that something is able to be done- apparently he's having a meeting next week with all the parties involved in his case. Let's hope they can nut out a solution because a player with his apparent talent really deserves to get a shot at the big time.
Can the Dees take a trick?

nomoreklondikes

Senior List
Jul 9, 2007
Mebon
AFL Club
Geelong
Just heard on the FS tonight that Jesse Hogan is in serious doubt of ever returning to footy, after having being diagnosed with stress fractures in his back, which are not responding to the treatment in his rehab program.

Poor young fella. That's terrible news if it eventuates. I hope that something is able to be done- apparently he's having a meeting next week with all the parties involved in his case. Let's hope they can nut out a solution because a player with his apparent talent really deserves to get a shot at the big time.

Melbourne are properly cursed. Really liked the look of him against us in Alice. That and Mitch within a fortnight, jeebus.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Fresh off the press:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-24/setback-for-demon-hogan

MELBOURNE youngster Jesse Hogan has experienced a further setback in his quest to make his AFL debut.
Hogan, 19, has been nursing stress reactions in his back since the pre-season and is yet to return to full training, placing serious doubt on when he will play in 2014.
The Demons acknowledged his back had not responded to the initial rehabilitation program but remain confident he will return in a month.
Key Melbourne personnel will meet with Hogan and his management next week to plan the weeks ahead.
The Demons' key forward stocks have taken a battering this year, with Hogan struggling with his back, Mitch Clark retiring earlier this month and Chris Dawes starting slowly after battling with a calf injury.
However, Dawes has made an impact since returning a fortnight ago, while the Demons have also had some success playing All Australian defender James Frawley as a forward.
Hogan was taken in the 2012 mini-draft as a 17-year-old and last year played VFL with Casey, booting 39 goals and winning the club's best and fairest award.

I would have thought the pic i posted clearly showed they were not clear.

It is clear that if you wear a Geelong jumper and infringe the rules, you then have a greater chance of being suspended than if you wear a Hawthorn jumper and have a similar infringement.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
BT commentating arguably the biggest game of the H & A and a collingwood game to boot, this should be painful:rolleyes:

Normally I would say something along the lines of "I'd rather mow the lawns". Today I got to put that into effect.

And it is more enjoyable than either watching a meaningless home and away match that's vastly overhyped, or listening to Brian Taylor.

Melksham and Stanton playing on Pendles and Swan, and have 23 touches combined..... showing exactly how to hurt the pies given neither Swan nor Pendlebury chase or defend

I've got a new method for tipping, completely different from the tried and true rule of picking the team you think will win.

Simply do the complete opposite to David King, picked collingwood by 6 goals when at this rate scoring six goals will take the whole game.

Also picked Cloke for a big game..... Swing and a miss.... Swing and a miss

Go Hoops

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I've got a new method for tipping, completely different from the tried and true rule of picking the team you think will win.

Simply do the complete opposite to David King, picked collingwood by 6 goals when at this rate scoring six goals will take the whole game.

Also picked Cloke for a big game..... Swing and a miss.... Swing and a miss
King is a know-all flog.

Go Bombers.

Melksham and Stanton playing on Pendles and Swan, and have 23 touches combined..... showing exactly how to hurt the pies given neither Swan nor Pendlebury chase or defend

They're a bit like our midfield in the 90s. Brilliant attacking players, but woeful defensively.

actually came back really clear....
wished every review was like that....:(

Yeah, both my calls in this thread in regards to this game haven't gone well. Since I said the Pies resemble the French army, they've actually turned it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back