Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Know I'm late to this, but F U Carlton.

That would have been handy. Now we will just have to beat them ourselves next week.
As usual if you want something done right right... You have to do it yourself.

F U Carlton!

You've got to wonder if the players minds were actually already on next week.
It's a pivotal game for them.

Know I'm late to this, but F U Carlton.

That would have been handy. Now we will just have to beat them ourselves next week.

I'm late too. Woke up to the news they stuffed it up with 36 seconds to go. :mad:

Still, we shouldnt rely on other teams. Just win win win win Geelong.

Carlton really could have given us a helping hand there. I'll make an early prediction for next week that you absolutely will not see football like that from Freo. They always get up for us, though I'm not sure why. Maybe Lyon is still harboring the '09 loss.

That's what I'm thinking. I can't imagine Crowley's opponent next week doubling his possession stats, as well as kicking 2.3 (Coincidentally enough, before the last game, we'd started hearing the whispers that Crowley was getting regularly towelled up these days, blah, blah, blah). I can't imagine Mundy getting less than 20 touches again. I can't imagine Hill being a non-factor. I can't imagine Pavlich and Mzungu having ordinary games if they come up. And I can't imagine Fyfe, Sandilands and Barlow being anything less than outstanding.

From the interview with Walters prior to the game, he seemed to be saying that he might play for Peel next week, which to me means he is no chance to play against us.

That's what I'm thinking. I can't imagine Crowley's opponent next week doubling his possession stats, as well as kicking 2.3 (Coincidentally enough, before the last game, we'd started hearing the whispers that Crowley was getting regularly towelled up these days, blah, blah, blah). I can't imagine Mundy getting less than 20 touches again. I can't imagine Hill being a non-factor. I can't imagine Pavlich and Mzungu having ordinary games if they come up. And I can't imagine Fyfe, Sandilands and Barlow being anything less than outstanding.

From the interview with Walters prior to the game, he seemed to be saying that he might play for Peel next week, which to me means he is no chance to play against us.

Hill and Pearce get away from us every time, I hope they have come up with a plan to quell their influence on the contest. Johnson was tagged by Crowley last time and was never really a factor. Ballantyne kicked 3 last time too, so I don't know who goes to him, I think Mackie? played on him in the last game.

Watched the game last night & thought wtf! this is a team touted as a real contender..? Though it is possible that Carlton are playing better than expected & Freo playing worse..

Is it also possible Freo are in a heavy training load..? (cue the denigrators(is this even a word) of this theory)

They really looked flat & hey, Crowley is not gonna bother either SJ or Sel on that performance..

Watched the game last night & thought wtf! this is a team touted as a real contender..? Though it is possible that Carlton are playing better than expected & Freo playing worse..

Is it also possible Freo are in a heavy training load..? (cue the denigrators(is this even a word) of this theory)

They really looked flat & hey, Crowley is not gonna bother either SJ or Sel on that performance..

Sounds familiar. Johnson and Selwood are Crowley bunnies, until they prove otherwise. Simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton really could have given us a helping hand there. I'll make an early prediction for next week that you absolutely will not see football like that from Freo. They always get up for us, though I'm not sure why. Maybe Lyon is still harboring the '09 loss.

Or maybe the team always plays exactly the same way against Freo, and Freo have known for years how to pick apart Geelong's gameplan.

No doubt he'll be more up for Selwood/SJ than he was last pm. Blues were ok last pm, and v us, and v Swans for 3q, and will trouble most teams. Freo is very much a contender, but without Pav their fwd line is shallow. Can't believe they did not recruit aggressively for some help for Pav after the 2013 GF. Maybe Apeness will produce.
Anyway, we have NM to worry about. Our destiny is purely in our hands- how long that lasts we will discover tomorrow.

What really struck me about the game last night was not only how badly Freo played, but also how badly Carlton played. Carlton were maybe 10% better in pressure acts, but they shanked kicks, dropped easy marks, and made clangers galore. This to me just further underscored just how bad Freo is at the moment. Fyfe is the only guy playing well. Gives me confidence we can beat them in a few weeks at Simonds.

I reckon they could have given about 6 or 7 clubs a helping hand last night - everyone ( except Freo) wanted Carlton to win last night - even Essendon Collingwood and Hawthorn - who all absolutely despise Carlton

Even when Waite kicked that goal - i knew Carlton would still somehow feucken lose !

I'd say Well's career is done. This foot injury is not going away...

Or maybe the team always plays exactly the same way against Freo, and Freo have known for years how to pick apart Geelong's gameplan.

I agree with that, but they have been flat the last two weeks and I can assure you they will not be like that next week. Time for us to stop their outside runners.

I reckon they could have given about 6 or 7 clubs a helping hand last night - everyone ( except Freo) wanted Carlton to win last night - even Essendon Collingwood and Hawthorn - who all absolutely despise Carlton

Even when Waite kicked that goal - i knew Carlton would still somehow feucken lose !

Wood's kick will haunt him for a while.

Wood's kick will haunt him for a while.
He's like Fyfe, it's a real weakness. One that's probably too late to address, and as a player costs him dearly. Fek me if that Fyfe kid could kick, we'd all be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back