Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems as though Rohan has gone the opposite to KB just to get on the record.

He tipped Hawks to win it.

I luv the media CYA that goes on. They just put something out there in case we snag it this year. For mine we are way better placed than I thought we would achieve ( 6th I think i said) so im stoked about it but we will need our 3 best games once the real s**t starts.

No one makes a definitive they are gone call. but there are several that have gone with the " they could sneak it".

Funny little scribes….

GO Catters

I was having a think about last year and in many ways we are a better side than last year. Sure we've lost away but haven't dropped bullshit games such as the crows and brisbane. We are still suck away but are less inconsistent if that makes any sense and it's a sure sigh our young 'uns are improving.

Really?

Well we've not lost a single close game. We've won multiple games we probably shouldn't have. Other sides around us have dropped games at important times which has somehow allowed us to be equal top.

That shouldn't be news to you or any Geelong supporter.

Surely you also think we may have had some luck go our way this year?

Really?

Well we've not lost a single close game. We've won multiple games we probably shouldn't have. Other sides around us have dropped games at important times which has somehow allowed us to be equal top.

Yes we have had a lot of luck go our way. We have won 2 games against Carlton where the umpire made the incorrect call that resulted in a goal/non goal in our favor in the final mins. We beat Essendon when some frees probably should have been paid to Goddard in the final few mins. If Freo kicked that goal after the siren then there's another loss. I guess in a nutshell we are 16-4 but could just have easily been 12-8 if a few umpiring calls went the other way. The great thing is we must have a huge amount of confidence in close games that we will get up that I don't think any other team has.

Really?

I agree with all you said there.
Sorry, I thought your earlier post referred to last night's result specifically.

I agree with all you said there.
Sorry, I thought your earlier post referred to last night's result specifically.

Last night was like a cherry on top.

Port will now go to Freo next week with both sides ready to belt one another. If Port win and leave Freo 5th there's every chance they could play WC which would be very interesting.

We don't want to be facing Freo if we can avoid it.

Last night was like a cherry on top.

Port will now go to Freo next week with both sides ready to belt one another. If Port win and leave Freo 5th there's every chance they could play WC which would be very interesting.

We don't want to be facing Freo if we can avoid it.
I think our major worry is whichever team we face week 1.
That is the most crucial and scary game. Lose it, history suggests we are stuffed.
If we win it, we are pretty well set up for the rest of September.
Freo is mainly a concern in WA, and there is minimal chance we play them there week 1.
If Port beats Freo, I daresay we have a new worry. Port , up and running, is a great opposition.
They have our 07/08 mentality with the players to finish it off.
I think it's going to be OWAAT for me.
Today is our test- beating Hawks again will be a huge psychological boost. Losing, well, it depends on how and why.

We just need to be competitive against the Hawks and I'll be satisfied we're ready for September.

We will almost certainly be playing them Rd 1 of the finals and I'd be more than happy with that.

Pretty confident about tonight actually.

We just need to be competitive against the Hawks and I'll be satisfied we're ready for September.

We will almost certainly be playing them Rd 1 of the finals and I'd be more than happy with that.

Pretty confident about tonight actually.

If Geelong let the Hawks play their possession game we are guaranteed to come second. They are slick movers of the football by foot. That means that Geelong cannot zone off on the Hawks but man up closely and force the contest.

I am never confident when playing Hawthorn. They are relentless and hard at the footy as well as the odd player. And due to most of our winning streak being by less than two kicks, I would describe my feelings about the result more in terms of "hope" than "confidence".

If Geelong let the Hawks play their possession game we are guaranteed to come second. They are slick movers of the football by foot. That means that Geelong cannot zone off on the Hawks but man up closely and force the contest.

I am never confident when playing Hawthorn. They are relentless and hard at the footy as well as the odd player. And due to most of our winning streak being by less than two kicks, I would describe my feelings about the result more in terms of "hope" than "confidence".
Pretty much , although thru that period I always thought we could run them closer than most on disposal , and we could hurt them with our marking forwards Mooney, Hawkins, Pods etc even Ottens. Then we had really smart smalls that could nail a goal in a critical moment like Chappy.

To me we are three years ahead of them in transition , we lost Ablett 3 years ago , they lost Buddy last year. I'm still waiting to see one or two of our young blokes step up and make them turn their heads. We have guys who go close to matching them , get lost for a bit but who do we have that would worry them in our young group? Murda maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have Blitz.

Time to be unleashed tonight.

Personally he does not come to mind. Blitz does not really hurt oppositions like Chapman, Ottens or Pods of the past.

We have Blitz.

Time to be unleashed tonight.

This might be a bit out of left field - but when i watch him play - how he moves - how he looks - the positions he plays - the player he reminds me of (and obviously at this stage he is nowhere as good) is David McKay of Carlton

Like McKay was a jack of all trades - back pocket - forward pocket - CHB - CHF - defacto ruckman - so thats it - when i see Blitz play - i instantly think of McKay

B2BDBEA5-A52A-4EC1-8670-B9741EDE04F9.jpg

winty I went to cricket training this morning and received a clarification on the Geelong amateurs incident.

The newspaper article is somewhat misleading. What actually happened was that the Anglesea player Midolo who was suspended for 9 matches for a roundhouse strike from behind, well that didn't happen, what happened was that he bumped a player front on, in a similar fashion to pops Kelly on Goddard last year.

However Ammos being a richer club, with more influence, lied to the tribunal that he had cowardly roundhoused him from behind and that is was a revenge hit for what had happened in the game earlier. The reason they lied was because an Ammos player was given 3 weeks suspension for striking Midolo (younger) last season and was unhappy he was suspended for it.

On what had happened earlier Midolo's younger brother had been spat on while unconscious ( I was incorrectly told it was last season) the player Westwood then got off at the tribunal because the footage of the incident was unable to "actually" show the spit.... So it couldn't be proved... Despicable club:mad:

Haha -we have lost to them like twice in eight years and you still get nervous! Comon Rabbi-they are bluffing this year in any case. Geelong by 6 tonight and in two weeks.

Sums up my exact feelings Gee v Haw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back