Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice Hodge try to line up a Port player with his head over the ball, but barely missed him with his hip in either the 2nd or 3rd term? Another inch or two closer, and he'd be serving an extended holiday.
Don't be stupid Winty.;) Hodge getting suspended is as likely to occur as well...umm... Goodes getting rubbed out... Which for both is Buckleys and none:straining:

Sophie's choice this GF. Might just spend the day out with no television in sight.

Just seeing that holding the ball again on TFS. :mad::mad::mad:

Let the ****ing game GO umpire. Hope it doesnt happen next week, in all honesty. Either for or against Hawks and Sydney. Just ruins it.
From watching games throughout this season it's apparent either the umps don't know the htb rule or it's too complex to adjudicate consistently and accurately.

Nowadays there's no prior opportunity - ball up.
No prior opportunity no attempt - HTB
Prior opportunity knocked out in tackle - ball up.
Prior opportunity/illegal disposal - HTB.
Dragged the ball in - HTB

Imo K.I.S.S:

if there's no prior - ball up.
Prior opportunity - HTB.
Most importantly no more of this 'he made an attempt' bulldust.

If you take possession of the ball, prior or no prior and are then tackled, then unsuccessfully try to kick or handpass the ball. Then free kick. No more of these allowed dropping the ball 'play on' calls.

Stevic by the length of the Flemington straight. If anyone bothers to check the replay, check just how many free kicks Stevic pays to the Hawks…particularly in the first half.

Hi last holding the ball call was disgraceful.

That was very similar to Kevin Smiths performance in the 1980 Geel v Collingwood PF - mind you Smith had some sort of excuse because on the Thursday night in the week before the game ( unbelievably) - he went out to Collingwoods training at Victoria Park - and gave their players some rule interpretations - and then in the actual game just slaughtered Geelong - it was that bad - its still got legendary status 30 years after the event

All i heard Stevic say all day long was Hawthorn Hawthorn Hawthorn Hawthorn repeatably- that PF final will be remembered just like K Smiths for getting Hawthorn into the GF - and those hypocrites reckon Geelong get a good run - Paul P - got his regulation ducking free kick - thats all ok- with the Hawks supporters of course - when Sellwood does it - they scream blue murder

Feel terribly dissappointed for the Power - probably because of the Hinkley factor - that was the best performance by a beaten finalist in about 30 years - i think they might be ruing it in a weeks time - i reckon a flag has just slipped through their fingers - who ever won yesterday - i reckon they will win by 5 goals next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised a few on here tried to defend him when some suggested he was a dead-set dud.
I'm surprised that anyone ever has tried to defend him

Was at a wedding last night, managed to wander into a bar at the venue to have a quick peek at the footy.

Bloke standing there (also from the wedding) giving a running commentary like 'YES ROUGHY! ' 'THIS IS HOW THE HAWKAS DO IT' etc etc...
He turns and looks at me noticing I'm not saying anything 'YOU NOT A PORT FAN ARE YOU?' he asks aggressively. I reply nah mate I'm a cats fan and don't really give a stuff who wins, I reckon the swans will win next week regardless 'NO THEY WON'T!!!!' was his instant aggressive reply. He then goes on to tell me how they smashed them earlier in the year and will smash them again next week. I pointed out that the Swans had also beaten hawthorn this year if my memory served me correctly... He informed me that didn't matter and then changed to subject to players accuracy in front of goal and why Bruest and Gunstan are such good players because they never miss...

I decided I didn't care any more and resisting the temptation to point out Bruest never misses because 80% of his goals are cherry picking ones running into an empty goal square and I moved on.

Moral of the long winded story
Hawk fans are arseholes, why can they never just leave someone watching footy with forcing their opinions on them

Cheer cheer the red and the white for me this week..
And this is why Hawthorn supporters have a bad name. Over-represented by this sort of floggery.

There's nothing that grates me more than the 'HAWCUZ' refrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back