2014 NTFA Season

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
Couldn't agree more with regards to the reporting system and tribunal being a mess, but not sure what the answer is. I believe those that sit on the tribunal are lawyers around town who probably don't get paid for their work and do it for nothing, I wouldn't exactly call them dicks. I think they have a fair idea on what is bullshit and what isn't and do a reasonable job considering the lack of support they receive. I don't think this is the problem.

Umpires don't want to make reports as they don't want to attend a tribunal on a Monday/Tuesday night, and there is an issue with the set penalties as players take these when the should be getting a lot more weeks for what they do, the Tamar incident a few weeks back a perfect example.

I am not sure where you are getting your funding information from but I would be extremely surprised if the NTFA was sitting on a cask kitty of $400k, I call bullshit on that stat... And I can't see them taping all game of both divisions, you are talking about recording over a dozen games of footy a week, who is going to offer their services for this when we can't even get umpires to help out in a paid role?

What we need are the clubs to take responsibility and weed out the type of players who play this way, the umpires to make the tough calls if they see something and not be persecuted, the set penalties to be higher in order to send out a message, and the tribunal to back them up to the hilt if anything is challenged.

Your snipe on 'private school stiffs' isn't warranted, but agree that some fresh blood on the NTFA board wouldn't go astray. Those on it have been there too long and maybe they need to look at a maximum term of 6 years on the board.

Another issue is the gap between the have's and the have not's is widening and obvious in the 2nd Division where we have 3 standout clubs (from what I see from the results anyway), a couple a tier below that and then the rest including some that just cannot compete. Scores such as that of Wynard's last week are not good for the game, heaven help Perth when they come up against Fingal, St Pats and Scotch...

I think the NTFA has about 150k in the bank. maybe a bit less at the moment. I agree clubs need to take responsibility for the players that play for them. although with the current situation where some clubs are stretched for numbers, they are likely to not look to hard as long as they can get a team on the field.
From memory last year there was some disquiet amongst the clubs about the direction the board was taking but clubs need people to put their hands up to take a position on the board. If no one challenges the sitting members then they are always going to re-elect each other. At the moment i believe there are two vacancies on the board.

Tigerstorm

Draftee
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have a close friend who goes to the NTFA meetings and has shown me a copy of their finances and they DO have over 400k in the bank. 9 games a week would not be hard to film ($100 - $120) and is a fair bit different to umpiring. The lawyers who go on the tribunal know * all about football, keep them but have an advisor or 2 who have played the game. The "stiffs" have too many votes (14) and vote themselves back in with the help of some short sighted clubs, there were several people put their hand up for a position on the board but had no hope. The quality of football has slipped because we are spreading the players across too many teams and this is forcing the clubs to play some very ordinary players, hence you get *******s who snipe and would not know how to win a hard ball.

R0bberD0g

Draftee
Oct 25, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
What about with the camera situation instead of asking/paying people to film it, the camera sits on the umpires heads (like the goal umpire in the afl), so what ever the umpire sees can be backed up by the camera on his head.

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
What about with the camera situation instead of asking/paying people to film it, the camera sits on the umpires heads (like the goal umpire in the afl), so what ever the umpire sees can be backed up by the camera on his head.

That wont work. Most umpires are too far behind the play

airseattle

Debutant
Jan 27, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Tuesday night, good luck to them sorting this out, will be a lot of conflicting arguments, be like kids blaming each other over who took the lollies from the jar.

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
Tuesday night, good luck to them sorting this out, will be a lot of conflicting arguments, be like kids blaming each other over who took the lollies from the jar.

Apparently only one report so I've heard. Bet the NTFA is wishing they had a tape of the game. Its a wonder something hasn't appeared on Youtube. You would think sopme one with a phone would have filmed it. Its goping to be a long winded process i think to sort it out.

Tigerstorm

Draftee
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Last Saturday at the NTCA would not have happened if the games were filmed, all clubs pay players so why not have the home team pay $100 per game to film it and this sort of s**t wont happen. Im all for good hard and tough footy but its not tough to be going at blokes when the ball hasn't been bounced. Put your head over it boys, or back into a pack. I hope the NTFA get this right, Scotch to the bottom of the ladder and start again and Fingal to play out the season but do not get any points and no clearances to be given to either team for the rest of the year.

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
Last Saturday at the NTCA would not have happened if the games were filmed, all clubs pay players so why not have the home team pay $100 per game to film it and this sort of s**t wont happen. Im all for good hard and tough footy but its not tough to be going at blokes when the ball hasn't been bounced. Put your head over it boys, or back into a pack. I hope the NTFA get this right, Scotch to the bottom of the ladder and start again and Fingal to play out the season but do not get any points and no clearances to be given to either team for the rest of the year.

Sounds good in theory but i don't know if the clubs would agree. Would be a total extra cost of $35.2K if every roster game was filmed. I'm also not sure that it would stop incidents like this happening.

OneEyedPie7

All Australian
Mar 21, 2006
Launceston
AFL Club
Collingwood

So you're assuming Fingal is the only guilty party then? I think you will find the umpires report will state that the melee which caused the game to be called was started by a Scotch player. How about we wait for the process to play out before passing judgement.

Tigerstorm

Draftee
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Each club has 8 home games, both divisions, $800 per club is not much really. You pay that for an average player. The NTFA would buy 9 cameras and each home club would pick it up each Friday.

So Mr one eyed pie, your telling me Fingal didn't pre-empt what happened. Players from Fingal were telling people as early as Wednesday they were going to run the knuckles over them, then their reserves waited outside to watch the start of the game. Then Fingals coach went at Scotchs best player before the ball was bounced, so I would say Fingal started it.

I look forward to the outcome, and look forward to your reply, get off the fence mate or you will end up with something stuck where the sun does not shine.

Time for the NTFA to stand up, so far this year they have shown the back bone of a jelly fish (rep footy).

And what about the div 2 player who got 21 weeks, NTFA swept it under the carpet, f...ing joke.

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Each club has 8 home games, both divisions, $800 per club is not much really. You pay that for an average player. The NTFA would buy 9 cameras and each home club would pick it up each Friday.

So Mr one eyed pie, your telling me Fingal didn't pre-empt what happened. Players from Fingal were telling people as early as Wednesday they were going to run the knuckles over them, then their reserves waited outside to watch the start of the game. Then Fingals coach went at Scotchs best player before the ball was bounced, so I would say Fingal started it.

I look forward to the outcome, and look forward to your reply, get off the fence mate or you will end up with something stuck where the sun does not shine.

Time for the NTFA to stand up, so far this year they have shown the back bone of a jelly fish (rep footy).

And what about the div 2 player who got 21 weeks, NTFA swept it under the carpet, f...ing joke.
SO tigerstorm can you name players who were saying they were going to "run the knuckle"? i saw the game and was standing near the reserves that were "waiting outside" and all they were doing was having a smoke, celebrating there win and went inside and didnt even see the first bounce and i believe a few different reserves teams from around the leagues do the same. BOTH sides are to blame here. yes there was some pushing and shoving before the match but thats all it was and if scotch were so perfect they wouldnt have retaliated like they did to start any of it and would have shrugged it off so i guess they WERE ready for whatever fingal had to throw at them. ALL it was were players running to positions and blokes bumping into them, happens in the afl vfl tsl any league.
IF YOU werent there then you cant say who started it and who didnt because all your going off is either the paper, what someone told you or a rumour you heard so not a relaible source which is more then likely ONE side of the story.
LETS all just wait and see what happens with this investigation before we judge too quickly.

R0bberD0g

Draftee
Oct 25, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Fingal started it then Old Scotch retaliated, it isn't Old Scotch's fault, you cant expect them to just stand there and let someone punch you, so Old Scotch aren't just as bad as Fingal by retaliating, you would do the same if someone was punching you, not just stand there and take it, that's just stupidity. That comment was referred to you Leb16 by you saying Old Scotch weren't so perfect by retaliating

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Fingal started it then Old Scotch retaliated, it isn't Old Scotch's fault, you cant expect them to just stand there and let someone punch you, so Old Scotch aren't just as bad as Fingal by retaliating, you would do the same if someone was punching you, not just stand there and take it, that's just stupidity. That comment was referred to you Leb16 by you saying Old Scotch weren't so perfect by retaliating
We'll there were no punches thrown at the start of the game it was all a bit of bumping as they ran passed then scotch gave it back by pushing grabbing shoving so I'd say that's giving it back wouldn't you? Either way both teams are to blame. Fungal started the stoush at the start of the game and scotch started the brawl at the end.

Tigerstorm

Draftee
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Come on people, you know we cant name names but trust me I do have some very good contacts and I can assure you the intent was to belt the scotchies. Im not suggesting the scotch boys are innocent at all, but you have to stick up for yourself.

WHEN will the NTFA get around to sorting this out, should have been done before the next game. But as usual they will stuff around and have lots of meetings and bugger all will come out of it, WAKE UP NTFA we are fast becoming the JOKE of Tassie footy.

airseattle

Debutant
Jan 27, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Funny thing is it is the players that are at fault, not the clubs. Really what is the point of fining the clubs etc for all the players will do is get clearances and move on and leave the mess behind. For the clubs and players that are loyal will be left to start again.

topgossip

Debutant
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Hobart
Funny thing is it is the players that are at fault, not the clubs. Really what is the point of fining the clubs etc for all the players will do is get clearances and move on and leave the mess behind. For the clubs and players that are loyal will be left to start again.

I would imagine most clubs would, or should, be hesitant to accept someone into their club who was involved in this atrocious spectacle.

Cure

Debutant
Apr 8, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
To me the biggest issue is that it was alleged that some of the violence that happened was pre-mediated. If this is found to be true (and I’m not trying to conclude one way or another as I wasn’t at the game and my only details come from second hand accounts) then the club needs to be held accountable.

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Come on people, you know we cant name names but trust me I do have some very good contacts and I can assure you the intent was to belt the scotchies. Im not suggesting the scotch boys are innocent at all, but you have to stick up for yourself.

WHEN will the NTFA get around to sorting this out, should have been done before the next game. But as usual they will stuff around and have lots of meetings and bugger all will come out of it, WAKE UP NTFA we are fast becoming the JOKE of Tassie footy.
IF it was pre meditated THEN why didnt scotch say something to the NTFA or umpires?
Sounds like it was just a stupid rumour that rafe bell stated in the examiner. WHY would a team playing for top spot go out to "bash" the other team? what does that prove? it was the heat of the battle, not the first and wont be the last brawl in a game of footy weather it be ntfa ntfl sfl on anywhere in australia. it was nearly 2 weeks ago everyone needs to move on.
scotch arent innocent at all 33 king hit fingals coach and also another scotch player king hit another fingal player in the brawl

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne

and just look at what happens with king hits, check out the examiner today with the bridport player. does anyone know if the fingal players that got king hit had injuries"?

Back