2017 Official Lists (updated 23 March)

Aug 22, 2006
MH370
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Woodville, GCFC, Roopena
I'm guessing it's 8 weeks from the time I list Bellchambers as an LTI as opposed to the actual number of games he missed, which was actually 8?
Unfortunately, I didn't realise he was going to be out long term until round 3.

Can Gibson remain LTI and have Ambrose upgraded in 2 weeks, once the suspension is served? Or would the 8 weeks start from then?
I don't want to make the same mistake twice.
In fact, I'm very nervous about promoting anybody for anything less than a season ending injury now.

Oct 3, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
I'm guessing it's 8 weeks from the time I list Bellchambers as an LTI as opposed to the actual number of games he missed, which was actually 8?
Unfortunately, I didn't realise he was going to be out long term until round 3.

Can Gibson remain LTI and have Ambrose upgraded in 2 weeks, once the suspension is served? Or would the 8 weeks start from then?
I don't want to make the same mistake twice.
In fact, I'm very nervous about promoting anybody for anything less than a season ending injury now.
For now I'm going to leave it at the simple 8 weeks off/8 weeks on, so it starts from the upgrade (i.e. today if you want). If we somehow find enough coaches to get into another year then I might think about changing it to more like the AFL rules.

This teams a shambles.. lucky I have 2.5 mill free

Yeah other then your new team it's a pretty even comp. Although one off season can change a team dramatically.

FWIW, what changes/tweaks do you think the game needs?

CrazyDon

Senior List
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah other then your new team it's a pretty even comp. Although one off season can change a team dramatically.

FWIW, what changes/tweaks do you think the game needs?

simplified salary payments as the whole under certain amount of games or over a certain amount is confusing. Trading of future draft picks and also trading of salary relief e.g I could trade some money for your draft pick or a player.

Does salary roll over e.g the spare 2mill I have get added to next year like they are planning to implement in the afl?

simplified salary payments as the whole under certain amount of games or over a certain amount is confusing. Trading of future draft picks and also trading of salary relief e.g I could trade some money for your draft pick or a player.

Does salary roll over e.g the spare 2mill I have get added to next year like they are planning to implement in the afl?

The salary payments for draftees looks confusing in the rules but it actually doesn't really affect much for coaches, as its just a guide for Russian to work out draftee salaries each year

As of now, salary doesn't get rolled over

CrazyDon

Senior List
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
That would be good (salary roll over) to help weaker clubs like mine get talented players

That would be good (salary roll over) to help weaker clubs like mine get talented players
I don't like the idea and my team is one of the weakest clubs. Very hard to oversee and makes the salary cap uneven between clubs. If you have salary cap space, you can use that to put bids on good players. Heck, this off-season with the salary cap space you have almost guarantees you can get any un-contracted player you want as long as they aren't traded away first. Can probably snare two or three un-contracted stars if you are lucky. It doesn't take too long to turn around a team in this game.

I like the interest you have in the game already.

CrazyDon

Senior List
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't like the idea and my team is one of the weakest clubs. Very hard to oversee and makes the salary cap uneven between clubs. If you have salary cap space, you can use that to put bids on good players. Heck, this off-season with the salary cap space you have almost guarantees you can get any un-contracted player you want as long as they aren't traded away first. Can probably snare two or three un-contracted stars if you are lucky. It doesn't take too long to turn around a team in this game.

I like the interest you have in the game already.

where is the uncontracted list?

knobby

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
How do I resign players/trade them aswell

Normally happens after season is over there will be an off season thread where all of this can be done.

When I first joined I found it helpful to read past years offseason thread to get an understanding of how it all worked.

Back