2014 Official NMFC Membership Tally - 40,000 Target Reached

Remove this Banner Ad

If people have waited this late in the season before signing up PURELY to see if we win or not, then their membership shouldn't count towards the numbers. Membership is about supporting the club, not just serving one's self.
Luckily the club don't hold this view.

On a side note, picked up my cap (for once) as I moseyed on by and there was a couple of blokes signing up.

Good stuff.

I actually think we might get there. There will be a big push in Tasmania this week and then we'll be selling memberships before and after the game. After that the club will be so close to the big 40,000 that it will throw the kitchen sink at making it in the lead up for the big Saturday night clash with Geelong. We're may actually make it. Sure a massive chunk will be casuals but signing them up as members is a big step to making them diehards. 40,000 will be a big statement.

Edit: think I got a few fixtures muddled up here

Last edited:
The promotion they have going at the moment, buy 2015's membership and get the rest of 2014 free, is a great idea. Might help sign up a few flakey types and push towards 40k. Its not dead yet.
My old man (lives 4 hours away) and my bro (general tightarse) did this last night. Think it's a great deal, and will take us over the top.

If people have waited this late in the season before signing up PURELY to see if we win or not, then their membership shouldn't count towards the numbers. Membership is about supporting the club, not just serving one's self.

Yeah, not so sure about this one, I live on the other side of the Murray and rarely get to more than 1 game a season, I have never been consistent about when I purchase my membership, what is consistent is that I still purchase one, whether it's round 1 or round 15, it doesn't matter and I'm sure there a lot of others in the same boat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, not so sure about this one, I live on the other side of the Murray and rarely get to more than 1 game a season, I have never been consistent about when I purchase my membership, what is consistent is that I still purchase one, whether it's round 1 or round 15, it doesn't matter and I'm sure there a lot of others in the same boat.
Just to clarify, my gripe is with fairweather members, not people who buy memberships late in the season. Your situation is more than fair.

Huge push on the 40k now on. Buy a membership for next year and get the rest of this year for free.
If this doesn't get in the stragglers then god knows nothing will.
Hoping we can get to and maintain the 40k memberships and 30k plus at our home games. Make it happen north folk.

Our current membership figures are something all North people should be proud of. A true testament to the work the club has done from 2008 onwards. Note the references to 'struggling clubs' often omit mentions of North. These figures coupled with some massive on field improvement are but two of the reasons why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back