2014 Official NMFC Membership Tally - 40,000 Target Reached

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but most clubs are setting new records every year now.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.
Indeed.

Except the smaller Melbourne clubs.

Pretty disappointing crowd on sunday only 19,111.

It really wasn't that bad imo. The side is coming off a poor 2013, no preseason form and a PR smashing loss in round 1.

Add to that a Sunday 4.40 timeslot (which I personally like) which pretty much kills any chance of Port Adelaide supporters coming over and making a weekend of it and a high profile game going on at the same time at the G which would draw most of the neutrals.

I find it hard to imagine the Port supporters topped 1000 so you had circa 18k North supporters there which was a decent effort. We're just handicapped by our stadium deal in terms of making anything from that.

Yeah but most clubs are setting new records every year now.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Actually the round 1 effort was the wet blanket. History now tho so move on and as they say its onwards and upwards .

Did anyone else see the Jetta interview yesterday? He was asked who Sydney would have to stop in order to win against North. His answer? "Boomer Harvey of course............and they have some young blokes in great form, like CUNNINGHAM and (inaudible)".

FMD!

Did anyone else see the Jetta interview yesterday? He was asked who Sydney would have to stop in order to win against North. His answer? "Boomer Harvey of course............and they have some young blokes in great form, like CUNNINGHAM and (inaudible)".

FMD!
Goddammit. I'm always interested in how much players know about their opposition, how much they study them, how aware they are of them when they're playing etc. I'd assumed that their knowledge would have to be better than the ex-footy knuckleheads that end up commentators.

FMD!

I hope Cunners buries him deep beneath the turf.

What an ignorant fool.

Everybody knows you hve to stop Greenhead, not Cunningham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately the Jetta crap was meant to be posted in the Cunners Brownlow thread, but you get the picture. Jetta has NFI who our players are.

2603834.jpg

You seem to be having the same sort of day as me TT :p

Last edited:
Pretty disappointing crowd on sunday only 19,111. I'm not sure what we can do to build on this as I see the same people there every week?. If we win our next 2 I think we will push for 38,000 members. If we win this week and so do the pies and its a nice day next saturday and Majak is named we might even go close to our all time home and away attendance record (72,000). Im often a pessimist when it comes to predicting north wins but even i can see us winning 8 of the last 10. That leaves rounds 4-13 as the most important part of the season. If we can win 4 0f our next 9 and 8 of the following 10 we finish with 16 wins. 12 wins will get you into the 8. Thoughts?
With 18 teams it is now unlikely that 12 wins will cut it. Disregarding Carlton making it last year (although port only needed 12 wins), North Melbourne needed 14 to place 8th in 2012. I think 13 wins is the new guarantee of a spot in finals.

But 12 and good % would have got you in in 2012
North Melbourne finished eighth in 2012 with 14 wins and a percentage of 112.5 so no 12 wins wouldn't make the cut on that occasion, unless you mean North itself could have dropped a few but why would they have done that...

took the Mrs to the game last week and instead of paying the $22 to get her entry to the game I brought her a 1 game membership for $25. Helped the club and probably ended up saving time lining up as it only took 3 or 4 minutes. Ive also signed up my best mate who claims he hates north, although given the fact hes now been a member for 3 consecutive years the evidence suggests otherwise.

took the Mrs to the game last week and instead of paying the $22 to get her entry to the game I brought her a 1 game membership for $25. Helped the club and probably ended up saving time lining up as it only took 3 or 4 minutes. Ive also signed up my best mate who claims he hates north, although given the fact hes now been a member for 3 consecutive years the evidence suggests otherwise.
Is your mate GoGriff?

There's such a thing as a 1-game membership?

attachment.php

Remove this Banner Ad

Back