List Mgmt. 2014 possible delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think there will be 6 or 7 delistings this year to try and capitalize on this uncompromised draft that apparently goes quite deep and also to upgrade some rookies.
I think those most likely are:
Angus Graham
Brodie Martin
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Porps
LJ
Smack
Luke T

Think there will be decent turnover this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for eight delistings, but ...

RETIRE
Porps
Rutten

DELIST
Luke T
Brodie Martin
A Graham

TRADE
Andy Otten

It would be good to cut deeper, but not Siggins and Atkins

I think there will be 6 or 7 delistings this year to try and capitalize on this un-raped draft that apparently goes quite deep and also to upgrade some rookies.
Angus Graham
Brodie Martin
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Porps
LJ
Smack
Luke T

Really can't see Siggins and Atkins being delisted so soon.

I agree that Rutten and Porps will retire.

McKernan will be traded for some magic beans.

Siggins was always going to be a project, and Atkins has shown some signs this year. We need to find a better backup for Jacobs though

Still convinced Luke Thompson has something to offer, when he has got a game he has been more than serviceable, has size, reasonable pace and skills, just hard to displace Talia and Rutten the last couple of years.

Still convinced Luke Thompson has something to offer, when he has got a game he has been more than serviceable, has size, reasonable pace and skills, just hard to displace Talia and Rutten the last couple of years.
Yeah im not sold that Luke wont have an AFL career but i doubt it will be at the Crows. He has always played well when called up and i think some team in need of a backman would do well to grab him.

It would be good to cut deeper, but not Siggins and Atkins
Siggins hasnt had a good game at SANFL level let alone become an AFL player. I cant see him anywhere near getting a game this year and has well and truely been overtaken by Hartigan.
This draft is one of the best for KPF and KPDs in a long, long time. We would be able to get a better prospect than him in the third round. Atkins shows one thing a game that looks ok but never has an impressive game. No doubt Knight, Cameron and Battersby have overtaken him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there will be 6 or 7 delistings this year to try and capitalize on this un-raped draft that apparently goes quite deep and also to upgrade some rookies.
Angus Graham
Brodie Martin
Sam Siggins
Rory Atkins
Porps
LJ
Smack
Luke T

Siggins?

You have got to be kidding. He's a young developing KPP. I really really like him. He will be a good size for AFL once he puts on another 5kg.

He has good skills for a big guy, he moves well (good agility), is clean below the knees and is very smart in one on one contests.

He'll be a good player. I'm 100% confident of that. Next year will be his year where he starts having an impact.

We'd be absolutely stupid to delist him, particularly when we could lose/delist so many talls: Graham Johnston L.Thompson Rutten Mckernen. And then there's Pods who won't be around for long.

Last edited:
Siggins hasnt had a good game at SANFL level let alone become an AFL player. I cant see him anywhere near getting a game this year and has well and truely been overtaken by Hartigan.
This draft is one of the best for KPF and KPDs in a long, long time. We would be able to get a better prospect than him in the third round. Atkins shows one thing a game that looks ok but never has an impressive game. No doubt Knight, Cameron and Battersby have overtaken him.

I've been happy with both games I've seen Siggins play this year and seen him at training.

Do you just sit at home and look at the stats or have you seen him?

He still needs more development, but every area of his game is solid, he just needs to put it together.

Our defense has been under the pump in the reserves and he has held up quite well. He was way better than Otten last night. He wins plenty of 1 on 1s but the dam wall has to break eventually.

Yeah I thought Siggo was impressive last night. Needs to bulk up he is still a twig but was very good defensively and looked to run off. Will be a player I think but still needs 2 more years.

This thread isnt so much about the names, but rather more about the fact that its the first draft in a fair few years that hasnt been compromised by GC and the Giants, and its the first draft for two years without draft sanctions on us. Its also considered to run deep and be high on KPPs. Its a draft we might look to load up on. Added with the fact that we have a couple of well performing Rookies that might need to be upgraded. End result is we might need to cut deep this year.

graham the only definite for me. he doesn't offer anything at afl level, barely at sanfl level when i've seen him. as said, if jacobs went down, we'd probably play a mixture of other players in his place. no reason to delist kids, especially kpp's, unless there's an attitude problem. would be surprised if truck and especially porps went around again. not sure thompson would really want to stay any longer, he's gone behind hartigan now. i think he can be a good player, i just don't think that will be with us. who knows right now though.

I've been happy with both games I've seen Siggins play this year and seen him at training.

Do you just sit at home and look at the stats or have you seen him?

He still needs more development, but every area of his game is solid, he just needs to put it together.

Our defense has been under the pump in the reserves and he has held up quite well. He was way better than Otten last night. He wins plenty of 1 on 1s but the dam wall has to break eventually.
No i didnt see Siggins play in the flesh last year, as I dont follow North Adelaide reserves. My best mates brother plays for The Roosters, and I spoke to him a couple of times last year about both Siggins and LJ. He said Siggins was stinking it up in their seconds, and he doesnt rate Siggo at all. His opinion was that he will end up delisted down the track. Really rated LJs skill set, saying he could make it at AFL level if he wanted to and put the work in.
While these discussions are fun and all, and its one of the things we do (rate and judge players) reality will settle the debate. Im happy to be proven wrong with him mind you.

I think it's fine to have a thread like this thro the year.

Truck and Porps to retire. Porps might even do it before the end of the year.

Delist
Martin had enough chances, unlucky, but that's the way it goes.
Graham...just why AFC did you waste a pick on that spud.
Thompson...too many ahead of him...only keep if Shaw snaps in half.
Possibly LJ as he just doesn't seem to get the idea of pulling his finger out. May stay on the list if Pods can't go another season.

Think that this is a fair chance of happening. After that there would have to be some good reasons to cut any further.
Would be keeping McKernan, because he's a better back up than Graham...another 1 year contract.

Truck and Porps to retire. Porps might even do it before the end of the year.

Delist
Martin had enough chances, unlucky, but that's the way it goes.
Graham...just why AFC did you waste a pick on that spud.
Thompson...too many ahead of him...only keep if Shaw snaps in half.
Possibly LJ as he just doesn't seem to get the idea of pulling his finger out. May stay on the list if Pods can't go another season.

Think that this is a fair chance of happening. After that there would have to be some good reasons to cut any further.
Would be keeping McKernan, because he's a better back up than Graham...another 1 year contract.

If Porps retires can we promote a rookie? Hopefully he continues to give us depth. May stay on with the reserves.

The move to delist Nutter in hindsight, was about 101-102% correct.

Martin - gone

Graham - Dont let the door hit you on your way out.

Thompson - gone too,

LJ - I would keep, Pods may retire at the end of this year and we need backups, should Tex/Smack/JJ go missing through injury or suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back