List Mgmt. 2014 post season list review - Hitchy, Heath & Renouf delisted

In that case:

57, young kid
75, Baulderdash
93 Mitchell upgrade
111 PSD

Draft Krak and Logan in the rookie.

PSD, invite players and pick anyone good.

It's along these lines

Out: 6 (Cassisi, Heath, Hitchcock, Newton, Logan, Stevenson)

In: 2 (Ryder, Mitchell)

Live ND picks: 4 (+ 1 RP) - 57, 75, 93, 111

57, 75, 93, 111, (129 will be the Mitchell upgrade) OR (111 will be the Mitchell upgrade) + we get a DFA or a PSD pick

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Delisting Stevenson doesn't make a lot of sense - yet. He is very underrated imo - a valuable player in waiting. Waiting to be proven wrong when Cripps shows is hand in the draft/psd.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't think Stevenson had enough tools to be an AFL player. He wasn't strong enough defensively or offensively to be damaging. He is okay as backup in a non core position, but at 25 he doesn't have much improvement left in his game. I assume Krak will take his spot and provide the potential to be a more damaging player. Best wishes to Lewis. Footy is a tough game.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Logan deserves better than a rookie. Mitchell deserves less than a senior. Stevenson... Well about right, if not a little harsh, especially when Ah Chee gets another one

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

faquito

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Barcelona FC, Arsenal
Logan deserves better than a rookie. Mitchell deserves less than a senior. Stevenson... Well about right, if not a little harsh, especially when Ah Chee gets another one

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Yeah newts stevenson and logan off the main list can only mean we're after a dfa or going in with 38-39 to accomodate for bigger contracts (Ryder, Gray, Clurey, Shaw).

Stevenson - Was poor defensively 1v1. Skills were good only when not under pressure. Behind pittard, broadie, o'shea, jonas, colquhuon, logan.

Logan - very nice backup in case of injury and a great Port man, but if the aforementioned are fit, doesnt get a spot.

Ah Chee - He'd be similar to where Newton was towards the end of 2013. Ramped up towards the end of the year in the SANFL. Bottom ager and probably got renewed due to that late form and what he could potentially be. Happy enough to see him stay on for 2015.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Stevenson a good, solid SANFL and depth AFL player, but just a bit vanilla tbh - had a nice kick but lacked speed and sometimes defensive accountability, so delisting probably warranted. Sam C, Amon, B-Jones have gone past him since we drafted him, and Pittard and O'Shea are playing better also.
May play for Legs in 2015 :(

Something for everyone in Port Adelaide confirms Mitchell upgrade among several list changes. Tommy Logan's career fades slowly away as a rookie, as a few had predicted. Brandon Ah Chee's efforts this year rewarded, as a few had hoped. I'm pleased for Kane Mitchell as I've said elsewhere, I guess it's implied that is a one year deal. Sorry about Newton, not so much that he's going but that we couldn't have found somewhere for him in trade week.
How many of picks 57, 75, 93, 111 and 129 will we use? And how many of those will target Maggies players? This because we may have a slightly better insight into some of them than the other AFL clubs.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Forget about the 'maggie players' strategy - that proved a bust when we rookied Hoskin (remember that dud?).

We draft the best available and with Stevenson delisted that has to include a key defender.

Key defender? I would have thought the main stay of carlile, trengove and hombsche backed up by game day rotations with OShea, jonas, Ryder and westhoff and outside the 22 being clurey would be enough. That's 8 guys available for 3 spots.

Key defender? I would have thought the main stay of carlile, trengove and hombsche backed up by game day rotations with OShea, jonas, Ryder and westhoff and outside the 22 being clurey would be enough. That's 8 guys available for 3 spots.

We are 1 short in the development KPD area.
Flynn is forced to play as a KPD even though he is best suited elsewhere.
It also makes it harder for Clurey when he's the only guy back there.

I think development ruck or KPF is more likely this year.
If we do that, development KPD will definitely be the priority for next year.

I think development ruck or KPF is more likely this year.
If we do that, development KPD will definitely be the priority for next year.
Definitely agree a ruck is needed. I'm thinking we will go for another KPF next year if Butcher can't turn around his form by the end of next season.

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Stevenson a good, solid SANFL and depth AFL player, but just a bit vanilla tbh - had a nice kick but lacked speed and sometimes defensive accountability, so delisting probably warranted. Sam C, Amon, B-Jones have gone past him since we drafted him, and Pittard and O'Shea are playing better also.
May play for Legs in 2015 :(
How can you say the likes of Bjones and Sam C had gone past Stevenson? Lot really in the same league - Stevo is a very strong bodied 190cm defender with an elite kick. Sammy is 179cm ... Bjones has done zilch.
Stevenson hasn't been dropped because of Sammy or Bjones - Port have someone who they think is better come up in the draft/PSD

Key defender = Corey Beard.
can play
He really can, puzzles me he has never been picked up in the AFL. Perhaps he has never wanted to take that step. And he was a Port boy until 2014.

edit - until the end of 2013 that is

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

That's what I meant.

e.g.
1. Keenan Ramsey
Born 23.8.1996, 192cm, 86kg

2. Sean McLaren

Position: Key forward/defender/ruckman
Height: 197 cm, Weight: 92 kg, DOB: 10/01/1996

3. Daniel Nielson
Height: 193 cm, Weight: 90 kg, DOG: 09/05/1996

Back