2014 Potential Draftee and Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Chances of Durdin would seem remote but if it happened you'd have to pounce, reminds me of Justin Westoff, anyway probably fat chance.

Lewis Taylor the Rising Star.

I remember Turbocat being right into him (and a few others who I don't recall, apologies fellas).

Good call sir, I know I wasn't convinced but he has played really well this year.

Not bad for a 173cm, #28 selection (showing solid players can be found in that 25-40 bracket).

Wonder if that gets recruiters re-thinking about one C. Daniel.

I remember Turbocat being right into him (and a few others who I don't recall, apologies fellas).

Good call sir, I know I wasn't convinced but he has played really well this year.

Not bad for a 173cm, #28 selection (showing solid players can be found in that 25-40 bracket).

Hope not! McCarthy's my man.

Last edited:

He has done even better than I thought he might , would he have played that much with us? Doubt it but he shown without a doubt that height should not be the "endall". so Daniel is shorter but if there late.....

Daniel is in my opinion at a similar level to Taylor last year.

He is but height matters a lot and the extra 5cm Taylor had changes things for recruiters.

I feel sorry for Daniel as he is a super player and a hardworking kid, but he will be pushing uphill to get drafted, hopefully he does.

For us, I want to see another genuine cleaance midfielder, a key defender if Frawley doesn't come, and trade a later pick for a ruck. I know our picks may be limited because of the list i.e.g Blicavs getting elevated, and a lot of the older players are contracted for next year, but I'd like to address these issues.

He is but height matters a lot and the extra 5cm Taylor had changes things for recruiters.

I feel sorry for Daniel as he is a super player and a hardworking kid, but he will be pushing uphill to get drafted, hopefully he does.

For us, I want to see another genuine cleaance midfielder, a key defender if Frawley doesn't come, and trade a later pick for a ruck. I know our picks may be limited because of the list i.e.g Blicavs getting elevated, and a lot of the older players are contracted for next year, but I'd like to address these issues.

It's hard to disagree but I get the feeling the club who takes the risk will end up with a player. Jake Neade isn't much bigger. You need a lot to overcome the height problem, but having elite speed, endurance and decision making skills counter the height.

I don't disagree with what you say though, I hope someone takes a chance though!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-08/carr-powers-home

Alex Carr, Morrish Medal winner.

Don't really remember him last year but clearly put together a decent year as an over-ager in '14.

...[Carr] returned to the Power this year as an over-aged player and averaged 24 disposals through the midfield. He ranked first in the competition for contested possessions and second for clearances.

Anyone remember him or seen him play this year?

EDIT: Since it may get lost in the Main Board thread...

The TAC CUP TEAM OF THE YEAR has been announced.

B - Daniel Howe (Murray Bushrangers) Daniel Nielson (Eastern Ranges) Darcy Parish (Geelong Falcons)

H B - Ed Vickers-Willis (Sandringham Dragons) Oscar McDonald (North Ballarat Rebels) Corey Ellis (Western Jets)

C - Jayden Laverde (Western Jets) Alex Carr (Gippsland Power) Liam Duggan (Western Jets)

H F - Christian Petracca (Eastern Ranges) Darcy Moore (Oakleigh Chargers) Rhys Mathieson (Geelong Falcons)

F - Jack Lonie (Dandenong Stingrays) Peter Wright (Calder Cannons) Touk Miller (Calder Cannons)

1 R - Rowan Marshall (North Ballarat Rebels) Angus Brawshaw (Sandringham Dragons) Nathan Drummond (Murray Bushrangers)

INT - Billy Evans (Bendigo Pioneers) Kyle Langford (Northern Knights) Taylor Grace (Sandringham Dragons) Paul Ahern (Calder Cannons) Isaac Heeney (NSW/ACT Rams) Alex Urban (Oakleigh Chargers)

Last edited:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-08/carr-powers-home

The TAC CUP TEAM OF THE YEAR has been announced.

B - Daniel Howe (Murray Bushrangers) Daniel Nielson (Eastern Ranges) Darcy Parish (Geelong Falcons)

H B - Ed Vickers-Willis (Sandringham Dragons) Oscar McDonald (North Ballarat Rebels) Corey Ellis (Western Jets)

C - Jayden Laverde (Western Jets) Alex Carr (Gippsland Power) Liam Duggan (Western Jets)

H F - Christian Petracca (Eastern Ranges) Darcy Moore (Oakleigh Chargers) Rhys Mathieson (Geelong Falcons)

F - Jack Lonie (Dandenong Stingrays) Peter Wright (Calder Cannons) Touk Miller (Calder Cannons)

1 R - Rowan Marshall (North Ballarat Rebels) Angus Brawshaw (Sandringham Dragons) Nathan Drummond (Murray Bushrangers)

INT - Billy Evans (Bendigo Pioneers) Kyle Langford (Northern Knights) Taylor Grace (Sandringham Dragons) Paul Ahern (Calder Cannons) Isaac Heeney (NSW/ACT Rams) Alex Urban (Oakleigh Chargers)

Am I missing something Isaac Heeney (NSW academy) and plays in the TAC Cup, and is only rated as interchange when rated top 5 talent?

Am I missing something Isaac Heeney (NSW academy) and plays in the TAC Cup, and is only rated as interchange when rated top 5 talent?

Maybe but players are picked in position , some are not even eligible this year. Take a look at the kid the BP. Like him at Geelong next year . Build a church for that Parish.
The kid FP is someone we should have a look at too , I've we want a Balantyine type little goal sneak he may be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got in with the Rams only playing 7 games.

Pretty good effort by Heeney I'd suggest.

Bit short for ruck man, but certainly can play, has good skills on both sides of his body.
That alone piques my interest.

Could he play as a key defender/forward do you think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back