2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Daley didn't really have a "high" profile when he was playing at the Tigers, not like a Dan Leslie from Nth Albury or Drew Barnes for Yarrawonga.
Daley, was a very good player in his 3 seasons at Albury,, remember he was part of a top side with a lot of good quality players around him which helped him big time.He was more committed in those years and most likely at peak fitness. He moved to sunny qld for a lifestyle change and to play footy at a lower level, concentrating on his work and family more seriously. He is one of these guys that is a vote getter , and has won or been runner up in almost all leagues he has played in, and one of these comps was the SANFL.

Rep footy results are irrelevant - they are a reflection of who wishes to play, not how good the comp is. The GVFL won the Vic Country champs for a few years but the O&M and GFL would have pretty good claims on being better. The bottom line is Daley didn't smash everyone in a league nothing like the QAFL and yet was a super player in the O&M. All i'm saying is that very good players from the QAFL could easily hold their own in the O&M based on this.
smy,
agree with you here. Bryant from PBC, came up from the Wodonga Raiders where he was a decent performer. Yes, he was in a side that was in the bottom 3 of the ladder, and whether he would make the senior team at say Albury or Yarrawonga is questionable. Then again, with the better quality footballers around him, he may well be a regular in these 2 sides.
Agree, that Derrick and Emblem would make the cut at many O&M clubs.And there are a number of other players in the QAFL, that would definitely go ok in the O&M. No doubting this, as there are plenty of good players in the QAFL.

2 days ago I asked for your thoughts on ex Surfers coach, be it Zorko..... surely PBC would entertain this as the replacement coach for Cresswell.
Any thoughts or whispers on this?

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking re Zorko too Stuyd - and being such close neighbours thought that maybe he would attract a few players across with him? Saying this I have heard that the midfield coach is really well respected there and probably the right bloke.

Just think it isn't a given that bc a bloke plays in a supposed lesser league that he couldn't step up to a better one. Plenty of blokes play at a standard that they are too good for but happy to for various reasons.

2 days ago I asked for your thoughts on ex Surfers coach, be it Zorko..... surely PBC would entertain this as the replacement coach for Cresswell.
Chad Owens I think is the one there talking about, current ass coach. Talk is he is more suited to caching kids but could be ready to jump up, was ass at Labrador under Brad Moore I think. Maybe Neil McKay or Brad Moore may have applied, lions went after Bock but has signed with the sharks

Chad Owens I think is the one there talking about, current ass coach. Talk is he is more suited to caching kids but could be ready to jump up, was ass at Labrador under Brad Moore I think. Maybe Neil McKay or Brad Moore may have applied, lions went after Bock but has signed with the sharks
is Bock playing?

Zorko has done wonders at Surfers over the past 4 years particularly this season with an average list, great coach with a sharp footy mind and exceptional communication skills, however I don't think he will coach in 2015, time poor with business and family.

Zorko has done wonders at Surfers over the past 4 years particularly this season with an average list, great coach with a sharp footy mind and exceptional communication skills, however I don't think he will coach in 2015, time poor with business and family.
That's a shame, Zorko is a quality coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excerpt for those wanting a quick overview:

"UQ has appointed former Port Adelaide player, Darren Pfeiffer, as their QAFL player-coach for 2015.

The 2013 Norwood SANFL premiership player has signed a one-year deal with the Red Lions, beating out seven other short-listed candidates for the senior job.

Pfeiffer comes to the Red Lions after a season at Redlands in the NEAFL, the latest in a decorated playing career, playing 23 AFL games at Carlton and Port Adelaide and a SANFL premierships with Norwood.

The 27 year-old is excited to embark on a new challenge and said he would relish the opportunity to teach a new group of players."

Good comp to cut your teeth as a coach imo the QAFL. Hopefully there may be a few Redlands guys who follow over and Uni pick up their form from this year.

Excerpt for those wanting a quick overview:

"UQ has appointed former Port Adelaide player, Darren Pfeiffer, as their QAFL player-coach for 2015.

The 2013 Norwood SANFL premiership player has signed a one-year deal with the Red Lions, beating out seven other short-listed candidates for the senior job.

Pfeiffer comes to the Red Lions after a season at Redlands in the NEAFL, the latest in a decorated playing career, playing 23 AFL games at Carlton and Port Adelaide and a SANFL premierships with Norwood.

The 27 year-old is excited to embark on a new challenge and said he would relish the opportunity to teach a new group of players."

Bloody sensational news Spooner. With any luck will help the club climb the ladder. Looking forward to tracking my old club next year!

Big news for UQ. Their problem was always going to be attracting high quality recruits. Pfeiffer may be the answer to this problem.

Matt Angus has been approached by Palm Beach, surely they wont consider him struggled at Broadbeach and just took Southport to their worst performance in the clubs history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back