2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Outs: Holman, Josh Smith, Starcevich, Wolbers, Clarke, Jono Williams, Henry Joyce, Jesse Wallin, Ryley Buntain.

No big ins from what I've heard.

Don't be concerned for Morningside they have great depth with very good young talent and a very good coach. They are the yardstick.

Mini draft article and order was a little confusing, the article spoke of reverse ladder order from last season, although Broadbeach were above Labrador in the order, an oversight I'm sure.

Don't be concerned for Morningside they have great depth with very good young talent and a very good coach. They are the yardstick.

Mini draft article and order was a little confusing, the article spoke of reverse ladder order from last season, although Broadbeach were above Labrador in the order, an oversight I'm sure.
Agree Blackdog...... still the yardstick, but I don't think there will be daylight between them and say the next 2 clubs, be it Labrador and Broadbeach.

dont think broady will be that good reckon pbc have them covered....

Perhaps but what are you basing that on? Has cresswell got a few recruits has he?

Also after reading the write up on mt gravatt unless they are keeping cards close to chest it could be a tough year if they are relying on the under 18's from last year

Perhaps but what are you basing that on? Has cresswell got a few recruits has he?

Also after reading the write up on mt gravatt unless they are keeping cards close to chest it could be a tough year if they are relying on the under 18's from last year

Thought the same about that Vultures article. Had them getting the 5th spot and finals this year but unless there's some recruits they don't want to reveal just yet, they're in the same bracket as UQ and Sandgate for now in my opinion.

Mini draft completed, obviously it has favoured the clubs coming up, as it should. Morningside has done very well, with the Redlands group drafted to panthers being first choice senior players thus avoiding the supposed distraction.

Mini draft completed, obviously it has favoured the clubs coming up, as it should. Morningside has done very well, with the Redlands group drafted to panthers being first choice senior players thus avoiding the supposed distraction.
who did mside get?

who did mside get?
Dzufer, Damien Steven, Tom Salter, Adrian Williams, Matt Thomson.

Gold Coast mini draft tonight, it would be great if clubs could maybe do a twitter feed during it. Keep us up to date. it has a little bit of excitement to it. Clubs will have there way of playing it. Minimal disruption vs actually need for talent..

Mini draft done and you have to question it a bit when different teams have different numbers of players aligned to them. Here is a ladder based on the number of NEAFL players aligned.

Mt Gravatt (14)
Western Magpies (14)
Morningside (13)
Sandgate (11)
UQ (10)
Wilston Grange (9)
Broadbeach (9)
Surfers (9)
Palm Beach (8)
Labrador (8)

I feel for Surfers and Grange- not only do they have to go up a level and face the might of the likes of Morningside- but they also have to do it (probably) with less help from NEAFL clubs. Not sure what the answer is and obviously on the GC Southport have to feed one more club- but surely UQ and Grange should have a couple more and Mt Gravatt and Morningside a couple less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be a case of more players originally from clubs like M'side and Mt Gravatt tho 2010? Can't really expect these guys to be drafted out to other clubs. In any case its probably less about how many drafted and more about who will be available to play. Some of these blokes will never see QAFL footy this year will they?

Would it be a case of more players originally from clubs like M'side and Mt Gravatt tho 2010? Can't really expect these guys to be drafted out to other clubs. In any case its probably less about how many drafted and more about who will be available to play. Some of these blokes will never see QAFL footy this year will they?

The clubs with the most players going back to original club were sandgate and Broadbeach. Morningside had 5 picks and mt gravatt 7 of blokes that have no link to those clubs.

I take your point about availability though but clearly you are more likely to get help if you have 14 neafl guys rather than 8.

Panthers where missing quite a few Senior Players, I wouldn't read to much into the result.

I know Shelton Abey Spackman didnt play and Im sure there were others.

Broadbeach had a first hit out against Robina last night. Pretty messy game, Robina competed well in wet conditions on a ground that badly needed a mow. Broadbeach won by a few goals only, but had about 8-10 young debutants.

Bring on the footy

I think Grange play UQ, but haven't heard of any more, I believe the 22nd is when all the organized Practice games commence which were done by AFLQ. Can't wait to see how all the teams shape up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back