2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

you can all stop worrying - we survived vegas and america - well just anyway. wowsers what a place!

so from what ive heard....

Hooper has signed as coach of Ipswich - believe there was an article on AFLQ website announcing it.

Rumour has it - and i state this is very much 4th or 5th hand info - that proud may have been caught DUI or at least driving without a license. Believe there may be some ramifications from that. Happy to be correct and is all very much hearsay.

We are close to naming a senior coach and training will recommence in Mid Nov from what i understand.

Hearing some more big names possibilities at Burliegh - BPB almost certain to line up out of the square.

What else has everyone else got?

NAMBOUR & HINTERLAND BLUES AFC
Looking to move to the Sunshine coast Qld.
Nambour are looking for Players to Strengthen the current playing list.
Currently playing in the QFA North.
Assist with finding employment.
PM Snowy73 if interested.

Perrybolt to labrador!
Name ya top ten players this year or 5 ! Should get this feed talking

Have Robina appointed a coach yet?

I believe recommendations were being presented to a committee meeting last night

hearing Burliegh are very active in the market for NEAFL and QAFL players.

One of the boys who played with Robina named in an article on aflq as signing with labrador - Ash Hockey - good midfielder - be interesting to see how he goes in that comp.

Matthew Walder named as Robina senior coach.

heard some interesting rumours the last week or so - possibly just rumours but interested if anyone has heard similar.

league pretty staunch on any club owing fee's to be docked 4 points per month fees are overdue - lead to believe one very prominent club in the south comp havent paid up and are currently minus 4 - similarly one QAFL club in same boat. be interesting to see how true this is - would imagine be hard to keep any recruits if in fact you start from behind scratch potentially -24 come round 1!

Also heard 2 clubs in the northern comp may be looking to move back a div that would leave the comp with only 6 teams - talk that aflq would be forced to combine comp again as opposed to run a 9 / 6 split conference.

Snowy73 or QAFL_Fan whats your mail on either of these - you blokes seems to have a reasonable close ear to the ground.

AFLQ very strong on clubs being financial or being docked points.

They should be careful with it though, as I understand some clubs are not financial due to shortcomings in womens football or their 3rds/4ths (for those clubs that have them)

Holding a senior side over the barrel for what is going on in their womens or 3rds seems a bit rich, all you're doing is encouraging them to drop their 3rds or womens sides to avoid the risk.

AFLQ never know if they're coming or going on crap like this.

Interested in your QFA North mail. Assume Caboolture is one of them, but with Dickfos etc I doubt it. If that does happen, don't be surprised to see Sandgate dropped back to QFA North to prop up the numbers...

yeah as i said all very hearsay and not looking to pot any one or clubs just putting it out there of what i'd heard.

nambour were one of the clubs mentioned which probably fits with snowy's post a couple of weeks ago - i know they had some challenges getting numbers for 2's teams in 2013 and finished bottom of reserves last year. Real shame if true as from what ive heard seem like a good club and culture etc. Amazing how the landscape changes - 3 years ago maroochy in PHC and Nambour Div 2 - maroochy having an exodus to nambour - fast forward and they are now in the same div.

Gotta be difficult when there is caloundra, noosa, maroochy all in the same div with more $$$ to splash around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably more like Nambour and Kedron looking to drop down. Sunshine Coast was never going to be able to support almost all of it's clubs in the one comp for long. Not as long as the "poach and pay" is the dominant mind set.

AFLQ has to have a serious think about it's devotion to women's footy. The rep to player ratio has to be near enough 1:1 and a forfeit every week in the open's leaves the comp as almost all expense for no income. My heart goes out to any club trying to grow the game and running into financial difficulty because of it.

QAFL_Fan I think Nambour will be banking on the fact it's a lot easier to convince 44 blokes to play in QAFA A then Northern Confernce. Trip to Ipswich still sucks though. (Because of the distance)

I reckon a trip to Cararra will be worse...

Womens footy is fine, but not of its impacting on, or taking away from mens footy.

Ask clubs to promote womens footy, then when a club does its best to get a side up and running, but they forfeit a game - sting them $2k.

doubt they would risk running a womens team again, if this is the gold star work of AFLQ admin.

cant comment on the effect a womens or 3rds team has had on either of these clubs - i know you in particular are pretty vocal on your support of it QAFL haha

cant wait to see how AFLQ structure an 18 round comp with 15 teams - play everyone once and then jag 4 return games against teams in your own conference I would imagine - appreciate logistically its a nightmare for them to sort out and dont envy them at all, but can't imagine a 9/6 team conference going ahead.

would make for a great comp if you consider the way the divisions ended last year - but again draws the question of travel into the equation and probably makes the respective QAFA comps more attractive to guys who dont want to travel.

Nambour is in the QFA North 2015. the club is not interested in going back a div, due to the travel. Properly be the youngest team In the Comp though. We have had a few young players return. Had some issues with another club on the coast try and recruit the top 10 Nambour players to strengthen them. It wasn't one of the clubs with strong morals. But the Nambour culture believe it or not is very strong and loyal. So most of them have re-committed.

Snowy - great to hear - as prefaced was very much hearsay and glad your able to get guys to recommit.

everything ive heard suggests its a great culture - I know Andy Clancy has likened a lot of what we have got going on as similar to his time with you guys.

2012-14 TAFL Premiers - New England Nomads of Armidale are hosting:

UNE Tablelands Cup

Saturday 28th March 2015

$1500 prize money

Limited places available

A great opportunity to get away with the team and play some decent footy against different clubs

Please read the formal invitation (attached below)

www.newenglandnomads.net

Attachments

• Invitation TC 2015.pdf
    129.6 KB · Views: 71
I think we will find the competition even up over the next couple seasons. The new structure was never going to be a tight race in its first year.
Some clubs will close the gap this year I'm hoping. Kenmore have been improving each year & have a fairly good core to work with, Burleigh seem like they are attracting more players to an already solid list, the Kings looked unfit & not interested last year but have done well securing a new coach to change it up. Yeronga will only improve again in my opinion & will be very dangerous.
But obviously springwood are leading the pack. Be interesting to see how many they retain. Then they can water that garbage ground of there's.

That's enough from me.
Hurry up footy season

I think we will find the competition even up over the next couple seasons. The new structure was never going to be a tight race in its first year.
Some clubs will close the gap this year I'm hoping. Kenmore have been improving each year & have a fairly good core to work with, Burleigh seem like they are attracting more players to an already solid list, the Kings looked unfit & not interested last year but have done well securing a new coach to change it up. Yeronga will only improve again in my opinion & will be very dangerous.
But obviously springwood are leading the pack. Be interesting to see how many they retain. Then they can water that garbage ground of there's.

That's enough from me.
Hurry up footy season

I have missed Robina there. I am not sure if they have picked up a new coach for 2015 but the last couple of years they have been able to bring in new quality players. Hard to beat on there radioactive under 8s size field so providing they continue there form at home they will be right up there in the finals race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back