2014 Rising Star Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

very happy i got patton @ $34. Down to $15 now and should be shorter.

Yep put a sneaky $10 on him and I put $10 on Daniher (lol I know throwing money away). Patton was the best value bet. Never like Rising Star favourites- Martin can't win (injured) and Grundy as good as he is is shouldering a lot of work for a 19 year old!

Dunstan was at $41 to win last time I checked, good value IMO.
Wish I got on this. He's now equal favourite with Lachie Hunter at $10.

Love Dunstan in a big way and the way he goes about it (especially the way he's already throwing his weight around and winning contests through brute-strength and how ferocious his tackling is), but I still think I'd rather be on someone who has been in the system for at least a year, like a Patton, Hunter, Grundy, as I don't imagine it will be easy for Luke to keep this up for 22 games in his first year. Will be interesting to see how we manage his games.

Looking forward in a big way to seeing him in that centre-square alongside Lenny Hayes from this week onwards hopefully though!

Wish I got on this. He's now equal favourite with Lachie Hunter at $10.
It's usually me saying this! Wait until some of the bigger names get a nomination and Dunstan has a few quiet ones, his price will rise. I agree with aussierulesrules that he can't keep up that level all year, but I do expect him to finish stronger than the other first year players, being so physically suited already and having experience playing with the big bodies. We shall see.

Interesting stat: this is the third year in a row that the Rising Star nominee for round one has come from a team playing against Melbourne. Beams, Wines and now Dunstan.

Josh Kelly looked super impressive. I've already invested on his $14 value

Question is whether he will play more than say 20 games? You need to play a full season or close to it to win the award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly looking hard to beat, is usually a midfielders award and he is clearly the most impressive. Also Cripps had 34 in the VFL on the weekend so would think after Carlton's horrendous game against Essendon he comes into the team and plays midfield, so if your a punter might be worth a sneaky bet.

Kelly looking hard to beat, is usually a midfielders award and he is clearly the most impressive. Also Cripps had 34 in the VFL on the weekend so would think after Carlton's horrendous game against Essendon he comes into the team and plays midfield, so if your a punter might be worth a sneaky bet.

While Kelly had a very good game and will be an absolute star, Dunstan has to be considered the favorite at the moment.

Dunstan had 29 disposals at 82.8%, 15 contested, 7 clearances, 5 tackles and 2 goals against West Coast.
Kelly had 17 disposals at 76.5 (in very wet conditions), 7 contested, 1 clearance, 4 tackles, 2 goals and a goal assist against the Demons.

Quietly sitting pretty with my bets so far, long way to go though.

Dunstan @$21
Hunter @$12
McDonald @$21

Billings likely to come into the Stkilda side this week, paying $51 easy to see him having an immediate impact.

Cripps or Crouch for mine.

St Kilda and GWS will drop off in a few rounds - players like Kelly, Dunstan and Billings will be up against it.
I think Matty Crouch is a good choice atm. He should get midfield time and Adelaide should be reasonably competitive.
Cripps might have free reign at Carlton now Mick is going down the development route. Carlton aren't useless either.

Plenty of value, I don't rule out Dunstan, just that the value isn't there atm.
If I'd had already backed him, I wouldn't be complaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back