2014 Rising Star Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

How was he much better?

Kelly had 17 touches, 2 goals, 0 marks and 4 tackles V the worst side in the AFL.

McDonald had 23 touches, 4 marks, 8 tackles V Port.

Way better is way over the top.

Better impact in deciding the game with the ability to hit the scoreboard, Kelly was instrumental in that result. McDonald was good, but Cunnington and Harvey and to a lesser extent Wells were the reason you won that game. Luke will get a nomination is a week or so.

without doing any research i always had the feeling the eventual winner gets nominated in the first 5-7 weeks. So anyone looking to win it would like to get a hurry on and get nominated.

To a degree, but this year might be an exception to the rule. A lot of these players will have belter of seasons imo. Honestly you could see the award going to Cripps, McDonald, Dunstan, Aish, Kelly, Patton, etc....and really they are the most AFL ready ones.

Better impact in deciding the game with the ability to hit the scoreboard, Kelly was instrumental in that result. McDonald was good, but Cunnington and Harvey and to a lesser extent Wells were the reason you won that game. Luke will get a nomination is a week or so.

Hit the scoreboard? McDonald is a backman. Is saving 2 goals the equivlant of kicking 2?

Mumford, Treloar, Coniglio, Shaw and Ward were the reason GWS won. Kelly would have got at least 1 coaches vote if he was instrumental in the result. Beter maybe - much better - no.

Hit the scoreboard? McDonald is a backman. Is saving 2 goals the equivlant of kicking 2?

Mumford, Treloar, Coniglio, Shaw and Ward were the reason GWS won. Kelly would have got at least 1 coaches vote if he was instrumental in the result. Beter maybe - much better - no.

Kicking 2 goals in a wet weather gamne is better than saving 2 at Ethiad, always will be. A goal in a wet weather game is worth at least 2 normal ones, they are hard to get at the best of times. The ones that won the match were Mumford, Treloar and Kelly. They were critical, I don't need to look at votes to tell me that. Kelly was as good, probably better than Coniglio. Shawa and Ward were not as good, although I haven't had a chance to watch the replay (actually went to the game).

Kicking 2 goals in a wet weather gamne is better than saving 2 at Ethiad, always will be. A goal in a wet weather game is worth at least 2 normal ones, they are hard to get at the best of times. The ones that won the match were Mumford, Treloar and Kelly. They were critical, I don't need to look at votes to tell me that. Kelly was as good, probably better than Coniglio. Shawa and Ward were not as good, although I haven't had a chance to watch the replay (actually went to the game).

Coniglio had 27 touches, 1 goal and 6 tackles.
Ward had 26 touches and 11 tackles.

Kelly did some nice things but these two were a lot better - as they should be having more time to develop. But we will have to agree to disagree.

Coniglio had 27 touches, 1 goal and 6 tackles.
Ward had 26 touches and 11 tackles.

Kelly did some nice things but these two were a lot better - as they should be having more time to develop. But we will have to agree to disagree.

Surprised me with those stats. I rarely look at the stats though, they can be very very deceiving to say the least. Was at the game, I thought Kelly was one of the best 3-4 on the ground, so I'm hardly surprised he was the RS nominee. As I said McDonald will get one within a month anyway.

Surprised me with those stats. I rarely look at the stats though, they can be very very deceiving to say the least. Was at the game, I thought Kelly was one of the best 3-4 on the ground, so I'm hardly surprised he was the RS nominee. As I said McDonald will get one within a month anyway.

Ward is one of those players that gets over looked a lot - 11 tackles is massive. He is just a hard working mid that rarely plays a bad game and rarely gets the spot light.

Ward is one of those players that gets over looked a lot - 11 tackles is massive. He is just a hard working mid that rarely plays a bad game and rarely gets the spot light.

I do agree with that, was probably the smartest recruit they made, not the best player but you know he will give 110%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bontempelli has started the season really really well in the 2s. He has a big tank and already has a decent frame on him so reckon he can make an impact this year. Will need to hurry up and get in the team though if he were to be a chance to take out the award, he will 100% get a nomination though.

Hunter from the bulldogs is a moral. He is a big contributor to their side and not just a fringe player like Kelly and McDonald. Will also probably play 22 games barring injury.

Hunter from the bulldogs is a moral. He is a big contributor to their side and not just a fringe player like Kelly and McDonald. Will also probably play 22 games barring injury.
He's just such a natural footballer and so so smart, has the potential to be one of our best players if his improvement keeps on the same upwards trend. He can be a little inconsistent throughout games at the moment though and has quiet patches but some of the little things he does throughout games are just special, like the ability to take a screamer, land on his feet and then have the quick decision making (and skills to pull it off) to instantly get the ball moving and hit up a moving target, resulting in a goal from the two times he has done that in his short career :p going to have one hell of a highlights package that kid

Does anyone think Eli Templeton is a shot @67.00.
His flashiness and goal kicking will definately get some attention. Has great skill, if only he got more of the ball :(

His flashiness and goal kicking will definately get some attention. Has great skill, if only he got more of the ball :(

Probably not the right type of player. I think it's more likely to go to an accumulator. Good young player though. Saints seem to have nailed the last draft.

Can't see it myself. The kids a gun but I can't see him winning the rising star playing from the forward pocket. If he gets some time in the midfield he'd be a chance I guess.

If you are going for a long shot Gleeson is the best one. Can't see one of Patton, Dunstan, Aish, Kelly not winning it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back