2014 rising star

Remove this Banner Ad

One eye says Jake Stringer, both together say Jesse Hogan. Melbourne will turn it around on field, to an extent, and that's all he'll need to do very well.

Jed Anderson. Will have 2 preseasons under his belt and will get more game time in 2014!

Will play midfield and move forward, can kick goals, is great over head and he has courage already showing that he will go back with the flight of the ball not thinking about his safety which most impresses me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna go with the norm, I'll pick a player from my own club.

Patrick Cripps, 190cm 90kg midfielder, AFL ready body who IMO will get games. He likes to think of himself as an Ollie Wines clone and I can see the connection, hopefully he has an Ollie Wines year.

The favourite should be Hogan though, what a ******* beast he will be in 3 years time. Add Jack Martin to that list, 2 crazy talents right there.

Gonna go with the norm, I'll pick a player from my own club.

Patrick Cripps, 190cm 90kg midfielder, AFL ready body who IMO will get games. He likes to think of himself as an Ollie Wines clone and I can see the connection, hopefully he has an Ollie Wines year.
He may have a big body, but he's had a huge growth spurt in the past couple of years and I don't think he's anywhere near "grown into it" yet, nor does he have the fitness base, apparently. I would think he's more of a 2-3 year project than someone who is going to come in and do an Ollie Wines. If Cripps was likely to be able to come in and go bang straight away I would have expected him to have played a lot of senior WAFL footy this year and done really well, but from memory he might have even struggled in his couple of WAFL reserves games, so I think he's one you'll need to be patient with. Happy to be corrected on any of this though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back