List Mgmt. 2014 Rookie Draft - blink & you'll miss it

Remove this Banner Ad

From Snoops phantom draft
33 North - Haiden Schloithe
Aggressive player who was listed with Fremantle but cut. I really like they way he competes and he is a little like Dahlhaus in that regard. He just loves the physical stuff and will run where others may not. The umps like him and he averages near on 4 frees a game whilst giving only 1. Quick and has averaged over 20 touches at league level this year along with a goal and 3-4 tackles a game. He is worth a shot.

60. Tyler Keitel (WA, KP utility)

194 cm, 88 kg, 7/2/96
Range: 35-70
Comparison: Mitch W. Brown

He had an up and down championships, at times looking like an elite prospect and at times looking not up to the grade. I sit a bit in the middle, I think he's a good prospect but not an elite one - he just seems to lack an elite trait and I've found players who are just solid players across the board don't seem to make it. His hands are clean and his ability at ground level is above par. His movement is nice and overhead he's solid. He's a hard worker who follows up at ground level to good effect given his solid ability below the knees. He's always thinking and is in general a smart footballer who's effective on the lead and a solid kick for goal.

Occasionally he can panic a bit under pressure but that's nothing that can't be rectified. In defense he's a solid prospect who's able to negate his opponent to a reasonable standard and is able to involve himself in the link up rebound play as well as win contests at ground level. He just lacks a hard edge and doesn't seem to dominate games like a franchise KPF would. I think he's better forward than back, though. To me he comes across as someone who's going to be a role player in a successful team kicking one or two goals a game but nothing more.

Evaluation of his prospects: Keitel's junior career has been a mixture of promise, potential and disappointment. He doesn't seem to have the physicality in his play that most key position players do, and he hasn't imposed himself like you'd want. I can't see him making the grade - he just lacks any defining qualities.

out of curiosity, does anyone else believe that Nielson would've lasted to the Rookie draft had we not selected him with 25???
Talk on other team boards that their clubs apparently had them in their sights. Dogs keen with their next pick apparently.

Aggressive player who was listed with Fremantle but cut. I really like they way he competes and he is a little like Dahlhaus in that regard. He just loves the physical stuff and will run where others may not. The umps like him and he averages near on 4 frees a game whilst giving only 1. Quick and has averaged over 20 touches at league level this year along with a goal and 3-4 tackles a game. He is worth a shot.

I do believe someone on here said that we interviewed this guy a month or so ago so this may be spot on.

I'd like to hear Kenny Calendar try to (literally) spit out that surname.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60. Tyler Keitel (WA, KP utility)

194 cm, 88 kg, 7/2/96
Range: 35-70
Comparison: Mitch W. Brown

He had an up and down championships, at times looking like an elite prospect and at times looking not up to the grade. I sit a bit in the middle, I think he's a good prospect but not an elite one - he just seems to lack an elite trait and I've found players who are just solid players across the board don't seem to make it. His hands are clean and his ability at ground level is above par. His movement is nice and overhead he's solid. He's a hard worker who follows up at ground level to good effect given his solid ability below the knees. He's always thinking and is in general a smart footballer who's effective on the lead and a solid kick for goal.

Occasionally he can panic a bit under pressure but that's nothing that can't be rectified. In defense he's a solid prospect who's able to negate his opponent to a reasonable standard and is able to involve himself in the link up rebound play as well as win contests at ground level. He just lacks a hard edge and doesn't seem to dominate games like a franchise KPF would. I think he's better forward than back, though. To me he comes across as someone who's going to be a role player in a successful team kicking one or two goals a game but nothing more.

Evaluation of his prospects: Keitel's junior career has been a mixture of promise, potential and disappointment. He doesn't seem to have the physicality in his play that most key position players do, and he hasn't imposed himself like you'd want. I can't see him making the grade - he just lacks any defining qualities.
I really liked his highlights package. Surprised he wasn't drafted. Would rookie him for sure, if still available.

Jake Johansen (SA, MID/FWD)

171cm, 63kg, 13/6/96
Range: Rookie-undrafted
Style: Jackson MacRae

The MacRae style comparison again might seem a bit strange but it works, I reckon. It's hard to find a comparison for someone of Johansen's size and role without resorting to the generic Boomer Harvey copout. Johansen's a really high level accumulator. He's fit and he works really, really hard to find space. A lot of his disposals are uncontested marks or loose ball gets in space that he's just outworked his opponent to find. He's also really good at flanking the contest and linkup up while he can also go forward and play as a genuine crumber who hits the scoreboard. He's fast, agile and seems like a dedicated kid who's going to try to get the best out of himself. Despite his size he's strong in the contest and doesn't get outbodied like many his size do. However his kicking is a bit of a weakness with it lacking both penetration and at times execution. It's something I think can be salvaged though and if he gets that together he can be a really good AFL player.
63KG, my 10 year old son weighs more than that.

Is delaney locked in? I feel for the bloke by do we honestly need to pick him up? Our key abck stocks are heavily bolstered now, Thompson, Hansen, Firrito, Tippett, Grima, Durdin, Neilson and if need be Tarrant.

I just think we should use all 4 sports on Mids/Small forwards with outside dash

Get me a few of:
Jermaine Miller-Lewis
Matthew Ah Siu
A mature ager like: Nick Rippon, Jye Bolton, Scott Sherlock, Shannon Taylor ect
Erinn Wasley-Black
Mark Kovacevic
Billy Myers
Caleb Hislop

Remove this Banner Ad

Back